Windows 10: Storage increasing by itself

Discus and support Storage increasing by itself in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My OSc: keeps increasing without downloading. It went from 20gb free, 12gb free, to now 7gb free. I already tried clearing space and turning off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tian Xiu, Jun 10, 2023.

1. Tian Xiu Win User

Storage increasing by itself

My OSc: keeps increasing without downloading. It went from 20gb free, 12gb free, to now 7gb free. I already tried clearing space and turning off hibernation but it keeps on increasing. I think it might be system & reserved but I'm not sure what else is taking up space. Any fix or cause?

:)

Tian Xiu, Jun 10, 2023
  2. mcw1260 Win User

Increasing Temorary File Storage

I went to the link in Francis 96 reply. I had already been there and done that. The increase in storage, as Francis noted, has occurred since this summer. I have no photos on the phone. I deleted all the games and most of the apps that came with the phone.
    Aside from the app from the Carrier, I've not downloaded any other apps. I have Word and Excel files. But, these are not temporary files and are accounted for in storage sense in another classification. I keep Data Sense setting on High.

So, should I assume that the Temporary Files (wouldn't it be great if I could get a list of these!) will keep expanding?

Prior to the last update the Temporary Files would decrease in real numbers, not just the rate of increase. Buying more storage as the link suggests does not make sense. Why can't the Temporary Files be deleted and I delete them?

mcw1260, Jun 10, 2023
  3. j_007_k Win User
    Storage Spaces not showing increased size..

Hello, Size was increased via storage spaces. I was able to fix the issue. It seems like size increase via storange spaces is not working. I manually have to reboot and then use following command to show the correct size.

C:\ > DISKPART

DISKPART> List Volume

DISKPART> select volume # (this is the number of the volume listed by the above ‘List Volume’ command)

DISKPART> extend filesystem

DISKPART> exit

This fixes the storage pool to show the correct size. But its really annoying to do that every time you increase the size of the pool.

Thanks

j_007_k, Jun 10, 2023
  4. Storage increasing by itself

Storage Spaces not showing increased size..

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

• How exactly did you increase the size of the drive?
    • Did you use any third party software or application?
    • Did you use Storage Pool to increase the size of the drive?

Reply with the necessary information to help you troubleshoot the issue. I will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 10, 2023
Thema:

Storage increasing by itself

1. Storage increasing by itself - Similar Threads - Storage increasing itself

2. Storage increasing by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage increasing by itself: My OSc: keeps increasing without downloading. It went from 20gb free, 12gb free, to now 7gb free. I already tried clearing space and turning off hibernation but it keeps on increasing. I think it might be system & reserved but I'm not sure what else is taking up space. Any...
  3. Storage increasing by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage increasing by itself: My OSc: keeps increasing without downloading. It went from 20gb free, 12gb free, to now 7gb free. I already tried clearing space and turning off hibernation but it keeps on increasing. I think it might be system & reserved but I'm not sure what else is taking up space. Any...
  4. How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage?

How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage?: I have Huawei matebook 14 i7 thant I have purchased 6 months agothe storage partition is set to C:\ 120 GBD:\ 335 GBSince most programs are saved on C:\ , the space is consumed up very quickly and I only have 30 GB free space leftI want to decrease D:\ storage and increase...
  5. How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage?: I have Huawei matebook 14 i7 thant I have purchased 6 months agothe storage partition is set to C:\ 120 GBD:\ 335 GBSince most programs are saved on C:\ , the space is consumed up very quickly and I only have 30 GB free space leftI want to decrease D:\ storage and increase...
  6. How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Sudden Increase in storage

Sudden Increase in storage: Hello My computer has 29.1 GB total storage Thats the maximum you can have . Anyways On December 6 My Gb space was at least 26.9 Gb on December 6. The next Day December 7th My storage suddenly increased by 3 Gb. Nothing has been downloaded nothing is in my temp folder there...
  8. Sudden Increase in storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Increase in storage: Hello My computer has 29.1 GB total storage Thats the maximum you can have . Anyways On December 6 My Gb space was at least 26.9 Gb on December 6. The next Day December 7th My storage suddenly increased by 3 Gb. Nothing has been downloaded nothing is in my temp folder there...
  9. Sudden Increase in storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Storage Increase

Storage Increase: How do I get more gigobytes for my storage? They say I am exceeding the 50 gigobytes I pay 6.99 a month for on windows 7. I have upgraded to windows 10 now. I also have a new card. They wont be able to charge me now. I need to get more gigobytes? Please help. My phone number...