Windows 10: Storage is not showing the correct amount.

Discus and support Storage is not showing the correct amount. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to install Warzone from the Battle.net launcher. My SSD says there is more than enough space to install it but it stopped around 90% and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bobby3167, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Bobby3167 Win User

Storage is not showing the correct amount.

I am trying to install Warzone from the Battle.net launcher. My SSD says there is more than enough space to install it but it stopped around 90% and said the disc was full. I uninstalled it and tried installing Apex Legends with steam this time but the same thing happened, it said there was more than enough storage but when I tried to install it, it stopped at around 90% and said the drive was full. I thought maybe there was some virus running so I did a full scan with Microsoft Defender and nothing was wrong. Please help me fix this because I spent a lot of money on this drive and there is so

:)

Bobby3167, Feb 6, 2022
  2. locked Win User

Storage showing as double the actual SSD size

Running Windows 10 Home 20H2 (Build 19042.964) on an AMD based Windows Surface Laptop 4 with 512GB SSD.

Even though it has a 512GB SDD as confirmed by both disk management and file explorer, settings -> system -> Storage reports the size as 951GB! I have searched but struggling to discover how to get it to report the real size.

Per the image below it shows
    • 553GB used - bigger than the size of the SDD
      519GB in system & reserved

Storage is not showing the correct amount. [​IMG]

System and reserved breaks down per this screenshot

Storage is not showing the correct amount. [​IMG]

Have tried various options including disk cleanup, SFC and DSIM to get it to report the correct size but to no avail. Any suggestions on how to correct this much appreciated?

locked, Feb 6, 2022
  3. windy Win User
    How to correct storage indicated as used

In Storage Usage-Apps and Games, the amount of storage used is listed as much higher than the actual amount used. How can I correct this?

windy, Feb 6, 2022
  4. locked Win User

Storage showing as double the actual SSD size

many thanks for the suggestions. I have looked through and sadly none help. I have even does a fresh windows install (keeping data).

Searches for the problem show many hits but most are where the total storage size is correct but there is high use of the storage. The problem here is the storage size in settings shows as double the size of the C partition. I have found a few hits but no solution so hoping there may be some other suggestions here?

locked, Feb 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Storage is not showing the correct amount. - Similar Threads - Storage showing correct

2. My device shows wrong storage amount

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device shows wrong storage amount: Hi! My HP computer uses Windows 10 Home, version 19045.3930. I have an issue with my device showing the wrong amount of storage. When I check on this device, it is saying that I have 377GB available. However, when I check my device on diskpart, it only says I have 6144kB...
  3. My device shows wrong storage amount

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My device shows wrong storage amount: Hi! My HP computer uses Windows 10 Home, version 19045.3930. I have an issue with my device showing the wrong amount of storage. When I check on this device, it is saying that I have 377GB available. However, when I check my device on diskpart, it only says I have 6144kB...
  4. My device shows wrong storage amount

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My storage amount is fluctuating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My storage amount is fluctuating.: My storage value goes down and up very often, even when I am not downloading or deleting anything. Also I want to find a program with which I can clean my storage....
  6. My storage amount is fluctuating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My storage amount is fluctuating.: My storage value goes down and up very often, even when I am not downloading or deleting anything. Also I want to find a program with which I can clean my storage....
  7. Storage is not showing the correct amount.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage is not showing the correct amount.: I am trying to install Warzone from the Battle.net launcher. My SSD says there is more than enough space to install it but it stopped around 90% and said the disc was full. I uninstalled it and tried installing Apex Legends with steam this time but the same thing happened, it...
  8. Storage is not showing the correct amount.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage is not showing the correct amount.: I am trying to install Warzone from the Battle.net launcher. My SSD says there is more than enough space to install it but it stopped around 90% and said the disc was full. I uninstalled it and tried installing Apex Legends with steam this time but the same thing happened, it...
  9. Data Usage does not seem to show correct amount of usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Data Usage does not seem to show correct amount of usage: I'm using Win10. I'm using a dongle to connect to the Internet. I topped up my data plan to 54 GB several days ago. I also went: SETTINGS > NETWORK & INTERNET > DATA USAGE and re-set it. Please, see the images below! They should be self-explanatory. My I. S. P. shows -- I...
  10. Amount of storage and Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Customization
    Amount of storage and Storage Sense: I'm running version 1803 in Windows 10. I have 775 GB free and 144 GB being used. Several times a day I get a notification that Storage Sense wants to free up space as I'm running low. Every time I allow it to "clean up" my computer it tells me it couldn't free up any...