Windows 10: Storage Issues: Temporary folder on Storage Usage screen shows 4.83 gb, but when I go to...

Discus and support Storage Issues: Temporary folder on Storage Usage screen shows 4.83 gb, but when I go to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Storage Issues: Temporary folder on Storage drive shows 4.83 gb, but when I go to clear it, it shows something like 25 mb. Please help in this regard.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Soubhik Chatterjee, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Storage Issues: Temporary folder on Storage Usage screen shows 4.83 gb, but when I go to...

Storage Issues: Temporary folder on Storage drive shows 4.83 gb, but when I go to clear it, it shows something like 25 mb. Please help in this regard. I have been having this storage issue for sometime. The drive size automatically adjusts. Once it went down to 95 mb. It then automatically went up to 0.98 gb. I did a disk clean, defragmented( was 37% fragmented, went down to 22% fragmented and wont go down after repeated attempts at defragmenting), finally it stood at 2+ gb. Plus, there is this phenomena that emporary folder on Storage drive shows 4.83 gb, but when I go to clear it, it shows something like 25 mb. Please help in this regard. I have attached figures of the temorary folder on starage use screen and inside it. Storage Issues: Temporary folder on Storage Usage screen shows 4.83 gb, but when I go to... a1a259dd-2156-4524-8eff-b92f8f779f78?upload=true.png Storage Issues: Temporary folder on Storage Usage screen shows 4.83 gb, but when I go to... 3f778f70-7c16-42d7-90ef-a31ee5488856?upload=true.png

:)

Soubhik Chatterjee, Aug 11, 2019

2. Storage issue

My PC shows I am now out of hard drive storage space. Settings is showing 358 GB classified as "other." However, when adding the storage space each folder in using, it adds up to less than one GB. I cannot seem to locate the 350+ GB usage. Any suggestions
    to locate the files or programs using this space, and how to manage it?

RJ Beisbol, Aug 11, 2019
  3. The Phone Storage Usage Is Showing More Space

Hi I'm having Lumia 640 XL . The storage usage of phone is showing pending updates and preview builds of 49.9 MB . Sometimes it shows 6.85 GB used out of 7.28 GB and sometimes it shows 6.70 GB . I have removed some apps from the phone memory and moved
    to SD card then also it is showing the same storage of the phone .

Pls suggest what to do . I think there are pending updates worth %) MB but they are still pending . What to do ? Pls suggest .

Mukesh Lala, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Drillling Win User

Storage Issues: Temporary folder on Storage Usage screen shows 4.83 gb, but when I go to...

Unusual Option for Removal of Temporary Files for System/Setting/Storage/This PC/Temporary Files

Hello,

I have Windows 10 version 1803 on HP Spectre x360 laptop with a SSD drive, 232 GB.

I have 170 GB of free space. There are no saved documents, pictures or videos.

I have only installed apps and software installed when I purchased the laptop.

My question is:

When I go to Windows Setting, select System, select Storage, select Local Storage/This PC, Storage Usage displays, select Temporary Files showing 423 MB from the selections offered.

Upon selection for Temporary Files, it opens - shows listings for the Remove Temporary Files.

Two particular selections/options to remove files concern me.

These are:

Deletes all system restore points - 4.28 GB

Compress your OD drive - 13.7 GB

These two are not checked for removal, rather they are highlighted in White.

Why are these particular two items are being displayed?

Will these eventually disappear or remain forever?

Any suggestions, recommendations or advice to these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Drillling, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Storage Issues: Temporary folder on Storage Usage screen shows 4.83 gb, but when I go to...

1. Storage Issues: Temporary folder on Storage Usage screen shows 4.83 gb, but when I go to... - Similar Threads - Storage Issues Temporary

2. 83 GB under other people storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    83 GB under other people storage: HI team,While i was checking the storage for my system, I observe that 83 GB has been utilized under "other people" category.Never have i ever added any additional user on this system for it to show "Other people" storage.Please fnd the screenshots Storage:I went to settings...
  3. 83 GB under other people storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    83 GB under other people storage: HI team,While i was checking the storage for my system, I observe that 83 GB has been utilized under "other people" category.Never have i ever added any additional user on this system for it to show "Other people" storage.Please fnd the screenshots Storage:I went to settings...
  4. WHY IS MY TEMPORARY FOLDER HIDDEN WHEN I GO TO STORAGE SETTINGS ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WHY IS MY TEMPORARY FOLDER HIDDEN WHEN I GO TO STORAGE SETTINGS ?: I AM GETTING VERY FRUSTRATED WITH THIS. I downloaded that tree stuff but i don't know which part of the TEMPORARY FILES IS TAKING UP SPACE. Why is Microsoft making things so complicated ? When i go to storage setting, it says i have almost 30 gb in temporary folder but when i...
  5. WHY IS MY TEMPORARY FOLDER HIDDEN WHEN I GO TO STORAGE SETTINGS ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY IS MY TEMPORARY FOLDER HIDDEN WHEN I GO TO STORAGE SETTINGS ?: I AM GETTING VERY FRUSTRATED WITH THIS. I downloaded that tree stuff but i don't know which part of the TEMPORARY FILES IS TAKING UP SPACE. Why is Microsoft making things so complicated ? When i go to storage setting, it says i have almost 30 gb in temporary folder but when i...
  6. WHY IS MY TEMPORARY FOLDER HIDDEN WHEN I GO TO STORAGE SETTINGS ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Showing Incorrect Storage Usage

Showing Incorrect Storage Usage: When I go to storage settings, it says that Valorant takes up 328GB of storage, which it obviously doesn't, it takes up around 10GB of storage. Also, I tried to uninstall Valorant to see if the '328GB' is gone, but when it said 'Valorant has been uninstalled" my PC crashes...
  8. GB storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GB storage: I have 128gb it says I used 91gb why cant I download something that runs off 7gb now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gb-storage/1159fe2f-854b-4f34-877d-69872a6a0c28
  9. Temporary storage issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Temporary storage issue: I have windows 10 on a Lenovo Chromebook, and my temporary files storage is over 7gb. I have used %temp% to try to manually remove them but it still says 7gb and I'm nearly out of storage space.. can anyone help? (If it's a factor i don't have my W10 license, i use Microsoft...
  10. temporary files storage

temporary files storage: temporary files is taking up 82GB of my storage and I want to find a way to get rid of the stuff I don't need or delete the stuff I wont use anymore. does anyone know what to do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone temporary phone issue