Windows 10: Storage Issues: Temporary folder on Storage Usage screen shows 4.83 gb, but when I go to...

Discus and support Storage Issues: Temporary folder on Storage Usage screen shows 4.83 gb, but when I go to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Storage Issues: Temporary folder on Storage drive shows 4.83 gb, but when I go to clear it, it shows something like 25 mb. Please help in this regard.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Soubhik Chatterjee, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Storage Issues: Temporary folder on Storage Usage screen shows 4.83 gb, but when I go to...

Storage Issues: Temporary folder on Storage drive shows 4.83 gb, but when I go to clear it, it shows something like 25 mb. Please help in this regard. I have been having this storage issue for sometime. The drive size automatically adjusts. Once it went down to 95 mb. It then automatically went up to 0.98 gb. I did a disk clean, defragmented( was 37% fragmented, went down to 22% fragmented and wont go down after repeated attempts at defragmenting), finally it stood at 2+ gb. Plus, there is this phenomena that emporary folder on Storage drive shows 4.83 gb, but when I go to clear it, it shows something like 25 mb. Please help in this regard. I have attached figures of the temorary folder on starage use screen and inside it. Storage Issues: Temporary folder on Storage Usage screen shows 4.83 gb, but when I go to... a1a259dd-2156-4524-8eff-b92f8f779f78?upload=true.png Storage Issues: Temporary folder on Storage Usage screen shows 4.83 gb, but when I go to... 3f778f70-7c16-42d7-90ef-a31ee5488856?upload=true.png

:)

Soubhik Chatterjee, Aug 11, 2019

2. Storage issue

My PC shows I am now out of hard drive storage space. Settings is showing 358 GB classified as "other." However, when adding the storage space each folder in using, it adds up to less than one GB. I cannot seem to locate the 350+ GB usage. Any suggestions
    to locate the files or programs using this space, and how to manage it?

RJ Beisbol, Aug 11, 2019
  3. The Phone Storage Usage Is Showing More Space

Hi I'm having Lumia 640 XL . The storage usage of phone is showing pending updates and preview builds of 49.9 MB . Sometimes it shows 6.85 GB used out of 7.28 GB and sometimes it shows 6.70 GB . I have removed some apps from the phone memory and moved
    to SD card then also it is showing the same storage of the phone .

Pls suggest what to do . I think there are pending updates worth %) MB but they are still pending . What to do ? Pls suggest .

Mukesh Lala, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Drillling Win User

Storage Issues: Temporary folder on Storage Usage screen shows 4.83 gb, but when I go to...

Unusual Option for Removal of Temporary Files for System/Setting/Storage/This PC/Temporary Files

Hello,

I have Windows 10 version 1803 on HP Spectre x360 laptop with a SSD drive, 232 GB.

I have 170 GB of free space. There are no saved documents, pictures or videos.

I have only installed apps and software installed when I purchased the laptop.

My question is:

When I go to Windows Setting, select System, select Storage, select Local Storage/This PC, Storage Usage displays, select Temporary Files showing 423 MB from the selections offered.

Upon selection for Temporary Files, it opens - shows listings for the Remove Temporary Files.

Two particular selections/options to remove files concern me.

These are:

Deletes all system restore points - 4.28 GB

Compress your OD drive - 13.7 GB

These two are not checked for removal, rather they are highlighted in White.

Why are these particular two items are being displayed?

Will these eventually disappear or remain forever?

Any suggestions, recommendations or advice to these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Drillling, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Storage Issues: Temporary folder on Storage Usage screen shows 4.83 gb, but when I go to...

1. Storage Issues: Temporary folder on Storage Usage screen shows 4.83 gb, but when I go to... - Similar Threads - Storage Issues Temporary

2. Storage Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Storage Issues: I've deleted every app and most files I have access to (that I'm positive aren't important) in an attempt to free up space. In the end, even after clearing cache, it still says that I don't even have enough space to update......
  3. Storage Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Issues: So I am kind of new to PC so this will probably be a dumb question. When I try to update some games on steam it tells me I am low on disc space. My "This PC C:" Is full but my "Data D: is no where near full. How do I make it so things start saving to that storage....
  4. storage usage

storage usage: reserved storage usage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-usage/c344f71c-b28a-4e6a-a287-5dede390fe4c"
  5. wINDOWS 10 STORAGE USAGE ISSUES

wINDOWS 10 STORAGE USAGE ISSUES: I don't understand why my WINRETOOLS (D) is always in the red. I have 1.98 gb used out of 2 gb which leaves me with 17 something mb. Why have I almost filled this up? Am I putting too many things in it? and I don't even know what drive it is or what it is for. Ive got...
  6. Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?: Left click This PC and Temporary files show 3.77GB. When I left click Temporary files to remove the 3.77GB it populates and shows only approx. 20MB of files that can be removed. Where are the rest of the 3.7xGB of temporary files located that are indicated can be removed and...
  7. Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?: Left click This PC and Temporary files show 3.77GB. When I left click Temporary files to remove the 3.77GB it populates and shows only approx. 20MB of files that can be removed. Where are the rest of the 3.7xGB of temporary files located that are indicated can be removed and...
  8. storage issues

storage issues: I have filled up my local storage (c) which is only 8gb, I have a hard drive that is 2tb and still has 1,500gb storage left on it, but it says that my disk space is full. I already tried changing the priorities of any and all incoming downloads to go to the external drive...
  9. Windows 10 Storage usage doesn't add up - a lot of 'missing' GB in Temporary Files

Windows 10 Storage usage doesn't add up - a lot of 'missing' GB in Temporary Files: When looking at the "Temporary Files" section of the Windows 10 settings page for Storage it reads 17.2 GB. That's a lot. Almost as if there's an old version of windows lurking about. But when I click onto Temporary files and tick all the boxes, the total only adds up to a...
  10. Issue with storage

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with storage: Hi , I wonder if anyone can help me. I recently upgraded to windows ten but ever since I did my computer keeps telling me I do not have the correct permissions to read/write files. I have tried to change the settings to allow the one and only account the permissions. It works...