Windows 10: Storage keeps filling up!!

Discus and support Storage keeps filling up!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a 256GB SSD with my OS on and a 1TB HDD. My SSD keeps randomly filling up, I don't understand why this is happening. Everytime i boot my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nithin_M, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Nithin_M Win User

Storage keeps filling up!!

Hi, I have a 256GB SSD with my OS on and a 1TB HDD. My SSD keeps randomly filling up, I don't understand why this is happening. Everytime i boot my laptop i loose around 2-3GB. I checked what is taking up my space and i don't understandI'm addding a screenshot.

Storage keeps filling up!! c87f009d-3888-467b-a6fb-53de3c292eca?upload=true.png

:)

Nithin_M, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

SSD storage keeps filling up on its own

Hi Ash,

There's a possibility that the files are just hidden. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps below on how to display hidden files that's eating space of your SSD:

• On the Search bar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives,
      and then select OK.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Oct 3, 2020
  3. RMcFar Win User
    Disk storage keeps filling up

Hello, I have recently used Onedrive to clear space on my PC. All of my photos were uploaded but I've noticed that they keep reappearing and therefore filling up my storage. I have notifications stating that Amazon photos is downloading from Onedrive
    so it seems that as I send the photos into the cloud, they are brought back down again.

I use onedrive and amazon photos for back up - do the two work against each other?

How can I keep photos in the cloud and therefore preserve space on my PC?

RMcFar, Oct 3, 2020
  4. RMcFar Win User

Disk storage keeps filling up

Thank you for your response!

I've checked and I do have OneDrive set up as you suggest. My problem is that the photos seem to come back onto the PC and so it fills up again. I get a notification stating that Amazon photos is downloading from Onedrive - would Amazon photos do that?
    I can't find anything in either app to suggest it would.

Any other ideas?

RMcFar, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Storage keeps filling up!! - Similar Threads - Storage keeps filling

2. Why is my storage space keep getting filled up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my storage space keep getting filled up?: I have tried everything I have spent hours trying to free up space and everytime I delete an app or file or anything the storage keeps coming back. I don't know what to do anymore please help me!...
  3. Why is my storage space keep getting filled up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my storage space keep getting filled up?: I have tried everything I have spent hours trying to free up space and everytime I delete an app or file or anything the storage keeps coming back. I don't know what to do anymore please help me!...
  4. My storage is filling up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My storage is filling up: how can i free up space? I installed valorant however it was not successful but my C drive is almost full , how can I free up space, I am using alienware laptop with 500 GB storage...
  5. My storage is filling up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My storage is filling up: how can i free up space? I installed valorant however it was not successful but my C drive is almost full , how can I free up space, I am using alienware laptop with 500 GB storage...
  6. My storage is filling up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Storage space keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage space keeps filling up: My hard drive space has been filling up recently, and most people say to uninstall stuff or to install an app to help. But since my storage space is already full, and some apps won't uninstall. Plus, it says that I have 221 GB in apps, even though the total amount of apps I...
  8. Disk storage keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk storage keeps filling up: Hello, I have recently used Onedrive to clear space on my PC. All of my photos were uploaded but I've noticed that they keep reappearing and therefore filling up my storage. I have notifications stating that Amazon photos is downloading from Onedrive so it seems that as I...
  9. Storage keeps filling up for no reason

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Storage keeps filling up for no reason: This is a real problem I am having - Whenever I have about 210 MB left on my hard disk, the storage just fills itself up to like 16.9 MB. I did not save anything or download anything that time. Can someone help? 134743
  10. My storage space keeps filling up for no apparent reason.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My storage space keeps filling up for no apparent reason.: My storage space on my PC keeps filling up for no apparent reason. I'm using Windows 10. Most files are "other". I did a search on .cab files after seeing another fix (which didn't work) & have 417 winzip files. Is this likely to be the problem & is it safe to delete them?...