Windows 10: Storage managing help

Discus and support Storage managing help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to get rid of alot of junk files from your computer? I have a 32 GB laptop, and windows installed 16 GB of software into it, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cowlo360, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Storage managing help

Does anyone know how to get rid of alot of junk files from your computer? I have a 32 GB laptop, and windows installed 16 GB of software into it, and theres also 9 gb of apps that I dont know how to uninstall quickly, which might sound stupid, but there must be thousands of apps considering I have 9 GB of apps, and the largest app file is one hundred mg, and alot of them are kb. I'm trying to install windows onto an external ssd to put in my new computer, but I need 8 GB on my c drive to actually download the stuff to put onto my ssd

submitted by /u/cowlo360
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cowlo360, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 26, 2021
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Storage managing help

Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Storage managing help

1. Storage managing help - Similar Threads - Storage managing help

2. Windows Manage Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Manage Storage Spaces: Dear Windows Team,Are there any list of drives which are supported to use manage storage spaces.As I have 10x 5TB WD My Passport Drive all drives shows error while creating for pool like the listed drive doesn't support the pool option.Then which drives should I use?Any...
  3. Windows Manage Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Manage Storage Spaces: Dear Windows Team,Are there any list of drives which are supported to use manage storage spaces.As I have 10x 5TB WD My Passport Drive all drives shows error while creating for pool like the listed drive doesn't support the pool option.Then which drives should I use?Any...
  4. Storage Help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Help!: I already deleted most of the apps in my computer and it is still showing that I have 250 used storage how come? I dont have much files, I have 500 gb overall storage. Help me please!...
  5. Storage help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Storage help?: submitted by /u/CaptEpic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l36g1m/storage_help/
  6. Dell Storage Manager Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Storage Manager Driver: Trying to install W 10 to replace W 7 and get msg to uninstall Dell Storage Manager Driver and cannot find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-storage-manager-driver/165d6c7e-ee2b-46ab-a212-d37df4119d8a
  7. Storage Manager Issue

Storage Manager Issue: I'm getting Disk Full error and when I go to Storage Manager it shows me 244GB in Other but when I click into Other it shows me 14 folders that only total about 9 GB...where can I find the other 235GB of storage...that I can probably delete?...
  8. Storage Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Storage Help: So originally, I had about 140 GB of storage. I don't know what happened, but now I have only about 90 GB left. It doesn't say what is taking up the other 50 GB, so what can I do? submitted by /u/DisToast [link] [comments]...
  9. New Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management Help

New Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management Help: Hello, The reason I am posting here is that I noticed that my Intel Rapid Storage Technology in my Control Panel is reaching its end of life and upon reading the notice it suggested I go to the MS Store and download the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management which I did...
  10. Windows Manage storage spaces

Windows Manage storage spaces: i have a windows 10 pro computer with a storage space set up with 3 drives in a two-way mirror and im wanting to move the storage space drives to a faster computer that im getting ready to build and reinstall windows in vmware vsphere. is there a way that i can move the...