Windows 10: Storage not working properly

Discus and support Storage not working properly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have installed an M.2 drive recently and it worked fine in the beginning. Recently I had a problem of it not being recognized and I reinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by L.S. Leon, Sep 26, 2022.

1. L.S. Leon Win User

Storage not working properly

I have installed an M.2 drive recently and it worked fine in the beginning. Recently I had a problem of it not being recognized and I reinstalled Windows. Both my new M.2 and my old hard drive do not seem to work properly anymore.The M.2 is supposed to have 331 GB of free space and the HardDrive is supposed to have 980GB. However, when I tried to move a large folder to either I got an error, saying there is not enough space. See screenshots.

:)

L.S. Leon, Sep 26, 2022
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows not working properly

Thank you for the information.

We suggest that you try to run Hardware and Device troubleshooter using the steps below:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.
    We also suggest that you update the keyboard driver and check if it work.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Sep 26, 2022
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Storage Sense not working properly

Hi SamSan7,

Corrupted system files is one of the possible reasons why the Storage Sense feature is not working on your Windows 10 computers. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the Enter key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you try to run the System File Checker tool and the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool to scan and correct any issues. System File Checker (SFC) is a built-in tool in the operating system. SFC checks for system
    file corruption. Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) is a command-line tool that can be used to service a Windows image or to prepare a Windows Preinstallation Environment image.

Kindly follow the steps in this article posted by ZigZag3143 (MS-MVP)
    to perform SFC and DISM:
    System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Eric Ber, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Storage not working properly - Similar Threads - Storage working properly

2. Storage not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage not working properly: I have installed an M.2 drive recently and it worked fine in the beginning. Recently I had a problem of it not being recognized and I reinstalled Windows. Both my new M.2 and my old hard drive do not seem to work properly anymore.The M.2 is supposed to have 331 GB of free...
  3. Storage not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage not working properly: I have installed an M.2 drive recently and it worked fine in the beginning. Recently I had a problem of it not being recognized and I reinstalled Windows. Both my new M.2 and my old hard drive do not seem to work properly anymore.The M.2 is supposed to have 331 GB of free...
  4. Keyboard not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working properly: Hello! I am currently suffering from a keyboard or pc error can anybody help how can i fix this issue?The issue: Whenever i press the key s and then some other key it doesn't work, take this as you would press down s and a and only 1 letter gets typed in or, your trying to...
  5. PC is not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is not working properly: Hi,I'm using my PC for a long time now, it's so smooth and I was able to play my game with no problem. However, once I upgraded my windows to 10, it booth really slow, and apps is working so slow. I upgraded my ram and clean some memory but it's still really slow. Is there...
  6. Windows update not working properly, Storage space falling; Troubleshooter says there is no...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update not working properly, Storage space falling; Troubleshooter says there is no...: I decide to install the latest windows update version 21H1 last month, and when I pressed the 'check for updates' button, it showed that my device is missing important security and quality fixes. But there was no 'update' or 'schedule update' button anywhere. I found that the...
  7. Storage information not appearing properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage information not appearing properly: According to my storage 77 apps and features are taking up 187 GBs of space but I summed up the amount that each app takes and I got around 2.9 GBs. Does anyone know what is happening and how can I get rid of the excess 184+ GBs?...
  8. Storage C To Storage E not working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage C To Storage E not working.: When I try and change my default storage from 'C' to 'E' everything is still being sent to 'C' even though it shows that everything should be sent to 'E'. [ATTACH] There's no reason it should be doing what's it's doing and my 'C' storage is already half full Boot drive with...
  9. Drive not showing proper storage.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive not showing proper storage.: I recently upgraded to a 1 tb drive but it show the original storage, I have searched and the furthest I got was opening computer management and finding the lost space but I don't know how to fix it without making a new D: drive....
  10. Storage not displaying properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage not displaying properly: Hello, I'm running into an issue where my storage is not displaying the proper amounts. I'd love some assistance as this is preventing me from managing my storage on a nearly full computer. Image attached for refernece: [ATTACH]...