Windows 10: Storage on SSD

Discus and support Storage on SSD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a 227GB SSD which is showing a nearly full. When I run Storage Sense it says that Apps and Features is 97.2GB but when I go into it, there are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Boris5524, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Boris5524 Win User

Storage on SSD

I have a 227GB SSD which is showing a nearly full.

When I run Storage Sense it says that Apps and Features is 97.2GB but when I go into it, there are only 2 apps bigger than 1GB and the total in no way reaches 97.2 GB.

What is taking up all the space on my hard drive?

Many thanks in advance.

:)

Boris5524, Jul 19, 2020
  2. techguy31 Win User

64Gb SSD for OS or 2Tb HDD for storage ?!

I suggest that you get the 2tb for storage. SSDs are only useful if you want to boot things fast like OS and programs. I actually suggest you get both if you have that many movies.

techguy31, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    SSD storage keeps filling up on its own

Hi Ash,

There's a possibility that the files are just hidden. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps below on how to display hidden files that's eating space of your SSD:

• On the Search bar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives,
      and then select OK.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Storage on SSD

Disappearing SSD & failing Windows Updates

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. However, to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

Method 1: Updating Storage drivers

It could be an issue with the drivers that is why the SSD is not getting detected after a restart. We can try updating the drivers and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to update the drivers:

1. Press Windows key + X, to open Context menu.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Expand Disk drives.
    4. Right click on the driver and select Update driver.
    5. If prompted for restart, please restart the PC.

You can also go ahead and check for Storage drivers from the computer manufacturer’s website. If there are storage drivers available, please download and install them.

Method 2: Updating firmware for the SSD

This issue could occur if the latest firmware for the SSD is not installed. You can download latest firmware from the SSD manufacturer website and install it.

For update issue, I would suggest you to please refer the troubleshooting steps in the article

Fix Windows Update errors
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

Note: The above article has the steps to perform a clean install of Windows.
    You may take a backup of the data before performing a clean installation.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Storage on SSD

1. Storage on SSD - Similar Threads - Storage SSD

2. My External SSD has decreased its storage capacity.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My External SSD has decreased its storage capacity.: Two years ago, I purchased an external solid-state drive with 16 TB storage capacity. One day, I tried to update my driver through Device Manager, but it converted into a ChipsBnk Flash Reader USB Device and decreased the storage capacity to just 55.6 GB. I cannot find any...
  3. My External SSD has decreased its storage capacity.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My External SSD has decreased its storage capacity.: Two years ago, I purchased an external solid-state drive with 16 TB storage capacity. One day, I tried to update my driver through Device Manager, but it converted into a ChipsBnk Flash Reader USB Device and decreased the storage capacity to just 55.6 GB. I cannot find any...
  4. How can I increase the storage capacity of my SSD Local Disk C by utilizing the available...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I increase the storage capacity of my SSD Local Disk C by utilizing the available...: As I noticed my SSD Local Disk C filling up quickly while my HDD had ample space, I wish to be assisted on how I can extend my SSD to avoid crashes and data loss. After numerous research on possible solutions, none seem to be exhaustive enough. Maybe I have not researched...
  5. How can I increase the storage capacity of my SSD Local Disk C by utilizing the available...

How can I increase the storage capacity of my SSD Local Disk C by utilizing the available...: As I noticed my SSD Local Disk C filling up quickly while my HDD had ample space, I wish to be assisted on how I can extend my SSD to avoid crashes and data loss. After numerous research on possible solutions, none seem to be exhaustive enough. Maybe I have not researched...
  6. My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space: My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space i got a glimpse of it happening from 88,2 GB free of 216 GB to 83,2 GB free of 216 GB, is it normal for it to happend because the screen become black twice when it happend only showing my cursor after reaching 83,2 GB free it stop....
  7. My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space

My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space: My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space i got a glimpse of it happening from 88,2 GB free of 216 GB to 83,2 GB free of 216 GB, is it normal for it to happend because the screen become black twice when it happend only showing my cursor after reaching 83,2 GB free it stop....
  8. Why Settings and Task Manager have different storage sizes after i upgraded an internal SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Settings and Task Manager have different storage sizes after i upgraded an internal SSD?: As you guys can see, i already upgraded my SSD to 1 TB, meanwhile the old SSD is around 220 GB. I cloned the old storage to new storage. After that, i try to check my Task Manager and my File Explorer, it does not change the Capacity size....
  9. Why Settings and Task Manager have different storage sizes after i upgraded an internal SSD?

Why Settings and Task Manager have different storage sizes after i upgraded an internal SSD?: As you guys can see, i already upgraded my SSD to 1 TB, meanwhile the old SSD is around 220 GB. I cloned the old storage to new storage. After that, i try to check my Task Manager and my File Explorer, it does not change the Capacity size....
  10. Windows will expire soon error after ssd storage upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows will expire soon error after ssd storage upgrade: I recently upgraded my SSD storage from 512 to 1TB on my Windows 10 laptop, but after that, it says the license key will expire soon. What should I do? But it is a lifetime access license...