Windows 10: Storage Optimizer Error 0x8900002A, Operation requested not supported by hardware

Discus and support Storage Optimizer Error 0x8900002A, Operation requested not supported by hardware in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]When you view the Event log on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC, you may see the error message The storage optimizer couldn’t complete retrim on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 21, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Storage Optimizer Error 0x8900002A, Operation requested not supported by hardware

Storage Optimizer Error 0x8900002A, Operation requested not supported by hardware [​IMG]
    When you view the Event log on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC, you may see the error message The storage optimizer couldn’t complete retrim on drive with error code 0x8900002A and Event ID 264. Although there doesn’t seem to be any adverse effect on your system due to this error, in this post, […]

This article Storage Optimizer Error 0x8900002A, Operation requested not supported by hardware first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 21, 2022

2. Optimize Drives>Never Run

I"m getting this error:
    The storage optimizer couldn't complete retrim on 4TB Originals (OStorage Optimizer Error 0x8900002A, Operation requested not supported by hardware :) because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. (0x8900002A)

Which I presume is the same bug... 20H2 DIDN'T fix it? And 21H1, whenever that arrives WILL fix it?

Right?

GracieAllen, Apr 21, 2022
  3. Yuniel Win User
    (0x8900002A)

Hello , i install windows 10 64 bits 3 days ago
    i using m2 nvm for OS another SSD 500 gb both samsung p70 plus and 870 evo

but i have 3 aditional external hard drive connecting to USB 8 tb each one model STEB8000100

when i check the events viewers there 3 error and all say
    The storage optimizer couldn't complete retrim on S.E.D 3 (IStorage Optimizer Error 0x8900002A, Operation requested not supported by hardware :) because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. (0x8900002A)
    same disk(g) and (h)

idk if this is a problem of windows or is problem of my computer
    any idea ?
    if quired more detail let me know

- - - Updated - - -

let me add the two disk m.2 and the SSD optimize no problem with this ones
    my problem is with HDD external

Storage Optimizer Error 0x8900002A, Operation requested not supported by hardware [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

update , i discocered my externals the 3 are the sames model they are
    NCQ only
    the ssd say NCQ, TRIM, DevSleep
    m2 TRIM, VolatileWriteCache
    idk if this info help

- - - Updated - - -

update , i try one of the 3 disk in my brother computer now , we have diferents specs , and problem persists , look like is not my computer

Yuniel, Apr 21, 2022
  4. Word Man Win User

Storage Optimizer Error 0x8900002A, Operation requested not supported by hardware

"Optimization not available" for SSD in laptop; true or a fix?

OK, so defrag did successfully trim your drive. "The operation requested..." - will see what I can find - speculation is that defrag tried to defrag but recognized that's not appropriate on demand for an SSD.

P.S. Can't spend alot of time on it at the moment but the first Google hits on this error message seem to be clustered around AHCI driver issues - I see brummyfan has you on that track. Will follow your issue with interest as time permits.

Word Man, Apr 21, 2022
Thema:

1. Storage Optimizer Error 0x8900002A, Operation requested not supported by hardware - Similar Threads - Storage Optimizer Error

2. Error During Storage Spaces Optimization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error During Storage Spaces Optimization: I just added two new drives to Storage Spaces after running low on space. I started the optimization process, and just 1% into it I got a message of "Error Failed; Remove Drive" on one of my older drives, and I'm not sure what to do. The optimization process is still running...
  3. Error During Storage Spaces Optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error During Storage Spaces Optimization: I just added two new drives to Storage Spaces after running low on space. I started the optimization process, and just 1% into it I got a message of "Error Failed; Remove Drive" on one of my older drives, and I'm not sure what to do. The optimization process is still running...
  4. Error During Storage Spaces Optimization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The request is not supported error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The request is not supported error.: Hi I am recently facing the request is not supported error when ever I start my laptop. On mostly all of the apps and software in my system. Like Xbox app or skype or teams with the error saying not supported or error and not opening up. Even my command prompt is not opening...
  6. 400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation

400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation: Dear All I have seen many thread like the one I am posting now but I couldn't find a cure ,,,,may be I overlooked or it is hiding somewhere on net I didn't find it I am trying to set Netgear Nighthawk D8500 with Firmware Version V1.0.3.50_1.0.1 as an Access Point and I was...
  7. Blue Screen of Death - Support Request WFP_Invalid Operation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen of Death - Support Request WFP_Invalid Operation: Hi, I've been starting to get a blue screen error with the stopcode 'WFP_Invalid Operation'. It started around mid-December and became more frequent. After support from Microsoft, I updated my Windows to 1909 and that seemed to have addressed the issue. For the last two...
  8. Error optimizing storage tiers

Error optimizing storage tiers: I'm using Storage Spaces on Windows 10 with a two-tier setup (SSD & HDD). However, I noticed I wasn't getting the expected performance out of the configuration. I've done some research, and it appears as though something is wrong with the tiering. The volume does 'work',...
  9. Cipher Error : The Request is not supported.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cipher Error : The Request is not supported.: Upon trying to use Cipher to do some simple encrypting on my machine I have ran into some issues. [img] If I execute Cipher.exe from the Command Prompt it seems to be functioning normally and subsequently lists all folders on the current directory with a U in front of...
  10. Error 50: The Request is not supported

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error 50: The Request is not supported: I noticed that Superfetch service is not loading any more even being set in "Auto". I tried manually to load it, but i get the error: Windows Could not start the superfetch on local computer. Error 50: The Request is not supported Windows 10 is up to date and i have...