Windows 10: storage pool, cannot change or delete in W10

Discus and support storage pool, cannot change or delete in W10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to change a storage pool capacity (to fully utilize 4x4TB drives) or delete the storage pool and space and start over. All help I can find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kevin99C, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Kevin99C Win User

storage pool, cannot change or delete in W10

I want to change a storage pool capacity (to fully utilize 4x4TB drives) or delete the storage pool and space and start over. All help I can find shows a "change" and "delete" button; all I have is View files. The powershell method of deleting didn't work either. All data can get wiped/formatted. Any ideas what's wrong or what to do?

storage pool, cannot change or delete in W10 b5f4118e-64db-4071-8f5d-242677da75b1?upload=true.jpg

storage pool, cannot change or delete in W10 b4aeaad3-7041-4ae8-895e-089e18dca3b6?upload=true.jpg

:)

Kevin99C, Dec 18, 2018
  2. paulis109 Win User

How do you recover old files /data prior to a Storage Pool (Delete pool is the only option thus far)

I am looking for any suggestions as I have spent nearly 20+ hours working with MS and reading through blogs and creating/deleting storage pools to simulate scenarios.

Basically I had storage pool that had a "Retired" drive and when working with Microsoft they asked me to use a USB drive and attach to existing storage pool to remove the other.

Adding the USB Drive (2 TB w/ 1.5 existing backup data) sorta worked but ended up having to remove the storage pool and recreate.

However the old pool still shows my old drives + the one "OK" good USB Drive that is part of the pool. But the Storage pool is "Red" and has an error of Inaccessible; check the physical drives section and only allows me to delete the pool.

I do NOT want to delete in fear (and tested) that it will remove my USB backup drive from the storage but also make my data inaccessible (data on the drive prior to being part of the pool. 2-way mirror

I purchased data recovery software and scanned the drives and see some of the data but the name/file structure seems a little off and my preference would be to be able to access my original files on the USB (Videos and pictures mainly) and delete the useless
    storage pool.

Does anyone know how to access data prior to being part of a storage pool or find a safe way to remove/delete a pool from a s

paulis109, Dec 18, 2018
  3. 333t Win User
    How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

4. rlmosk Win User

Not happy with Storage Pools.

Thanks for your reply. I already read the Storages & spaces FAQ
    before I posted this query. Maybe I still don't understand how this Storage Pool works. I do understand what you are saying about
    C: Drive. But Cstorage pool, cannot change or delete in W10 :Drive also holds the "Library" files. These are the files I wish to delete on
    Cstorage pool, cannot change or delete in W10 :Drive to free up space because they are now on the Storage Pool drives. The 2 extra Storage Pool drives are internal HD's in my tower. If this is the way the Storage Pool works, then I'd rather not have the Storage Pool and I'll just backup
    my Library Files (pictures, videos, music, documents) on my internal HDs. Is there a way to reverse the Storage Pool I just created?

Thanks.

rlmosk, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

1. storage pool, cannot change or delete in W10 - Similar Threads - storage pool cannot

2. How to Delete a Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Delete a Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: [ATTACH]With the Windows 10 feature called Storage Spaces, PC users can group two or […] This article How to Delete a Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. storage pools

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    storage pools: I have three 1 TB drives in my computer. Two of them are configured as a RAID1 mirrored drive, and the third drive is for backup. Today, for the first time, I became aware of storage pools, and when I explored my setup, I found that some space on my RAID1 drive is assigned to...
  4. Storage Pool

Storage Pool: My Asus VivoBook recently ran out of storage space so I have been using an external hard drive to store everything. Yet my laptop progessed into no disc space and wasn't responding to basic functions like the use of Microsoft Word. I decided to create a storage pool to allow...
  5. Deleted a storage pool cant create a new storage pool after format

Deleted a storage pool cant create a new storage pool after format: Hello , i have an issue this the storage pool system i used to have a storage pool with my 2 hdd and SSD together I deleted that before I formatted and deleted the the storage pool tryring to create a new storage pool i keep getting cant prepare drives Close all application...
  6. Change pool storage type

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change pool storage type: Hello, I have just installed 6 new 8Tb disk into my computer, connected to the raid sata logins. I went into the windows storage spaces and created a new pool, and a new storage with all these disks. I did everything according to the information provided, i made a parity...
  7. Storage Pools

Storage Pools: Hello, I currently have windows 10 Home premium x64 and I am running a storage pool with no parity. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise and I want to know if I will lose my Storage Pool and the information in it?...
  8. Change Storage Space in Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Storage Space in Storage Pool in Windows 10: How to: Change Storage Space in Storage Pool in Windows 10 How to Change Storage Space in Storage Pool in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to change the name, drive letter, and size of a storage space...
  9. Delete Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Delete Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Delete a Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to delete a storage pool for Storage Spaces in Windows...
  10. Delete Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10: How to: Delete Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10 How to Delete a Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to delete a storage space from a storage pool in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not change storage pool windows 10

2. how to delete w10 storage pool