Windows 10: Storage pool failed drive

Discus and support Storage pool failed drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone,I recently combined two hard drives that I own to a storage pool, one being an internal drive and the other a portable external hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AngusSchreuder, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Storage pool failed drive

Hello everyone,I recently combined two hard drives that I own to a storage pool, one being an internal drive and the other a portable external hard drive I know silly move. The portable drive is now toasted and I've had a professional look at it with it not being saved. I want to remove the drive from the pool and have searched for answers without being able to find any. I don't care for the data on it because I only play games on my computer and it is easy to just redownload them. Is there a way to remove a storage pool with a failed drive that cant be recognized by the computer? if not wha

:)

AngusSchreuder, Oct 11, 2021

2. replacing a drive in storage pool

Hi Arni,

As you referring to replacement of failed drive under storage pool, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• How exactly have you created a storage pool on your device?
    • Which is the operating system installed on your device? Confirm to us if Windows 10.
    • Is your device connected to Windows Server/ domain network?

Reply to the post with the required information and brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 11, 2021
  3. 333t Win User
    How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

4. Storage pool failed drive

replacing a drive in storage pool

How do I replace a failed drive in my storage pool?

ÁrniHreiðar, Oct 11, 2021
Thema:

Storage pool failed drive

1. Storage pool failed drive - Similar Threads - Storage pool failed

2. Storage pool failed drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage pool failed drive: Hello everyone,I recently combined two hard drives that I own to a storage pool, one being an internal drive and the other a portable external hard drive I know silly move. The portable drive is now toasted and I've had a professional look at it with it not being saved. I...
  3. Storage pool failed drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage pool failed drive: Hello everyone,I recently combined two hard drives that I own to a storage pool, one being an internal drive and the other a portable external hard drive I know silly move. The portable drive is now toasted and I've had a professional look at it with it not being saved. I...
  4. storage pools

storage pools: I have three 1 TB drives in my computer. Two of them are configured as a RAID1 mirrored drive, and the third drive is for backup. Today, for the first time, I became aware of storage pools, and when I explored my setup, I found that some space on my RAID1 drive is assigned to...
  5. Storage Pool

Storage Pool: My Asus VivoBook recently ran out of storage space so I have been using an external hard drive to store everything. Yet my laptop progessed into no disc space and wasn't responding to basic functions like the use of Microsoft Word. I decided to create a storage pool to allow...
  6. Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool: Trying to add internal hard to storage pool but keep getting error 0x00000005 or "need to close all applications that are open that are connected to that drive. How do I find out what applications need to be closed...
  7. Storage Pools

Storage Pools: Hello, I currently have windows 10 Home premium x64 and I am running a storage pool with no parity. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise and I want to know if I will lose my Storage Pool and the information in it?...
  8. Storage Spaces - Unable to Remove Failed Drive / Repair Pool

Storage Spaces - Unable to Remove Failed Drive / Repair Pool: I had 3x 3TB drives in a parity pool. It started to fill up so i added a fourth 3TB drive and months later one of the original 3 began to fail on me. Performance was slow, then slower, then it showed disconnected. I retired the drive and added a replacement, literally the...
  9. Hard Drive Storage Pool (Windows 10)

Hard Drive Storage Pool (Windows 10): Hi I have a storage pool set up on my Windows 10 PC The storage pool is a total of 6.5TB at the moment with 2.7TB of Data on it I'm getting the Warning "Low Capacity" add another drive When looking into it, when I set the drives up I set them to "Parity" which...
  10. Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information create virtual drives called storage spaces. These storage spaces typically store two copies of your data so if one...