Windows 10: Storage pool upgrade - Will i loose data?

Discus and support Storage pool upgrade - Will i loose data? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have the option to upgrade my storage pool, will I loose my data on the pool? 98962 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jadow77, Nov 25, 2017.

1. jadow77 Win User

Storage pool upgrade - Will i loose data?

I have the option to upgrade my storage pool, will I loose my data on the pool?

:)

jadow77, Nov 25, 2017
  2. rlmosk Win User

Not happy with Storage Pools.

Thanks for your reply. I already read the Storages & spaces FAQ
    before I posted this query. Maybe I still don't understand how this Storage Pool works. I do understand what you are saying about
    C: Drive. But CStorage pool upgrade - Will i loose data? :Drive also holds the "Library" files. These are the files I wish to delete on
    CStorage pool upgrade - Will i loose data? :Drive to free up space because they are now on the Storage Pool drives. The 2 extra Storage Pool drives are internal HD's in my tower. If this is the way the Storage Pool works, then I'd rather not have the Storage Pool and I'll just backup
    my Library Files (pictures, videos, music, documents) on my internal HDs. Is there a way to reverse the Storage Pool I just created?

Thanks.

rlmosk, Nov 25, 2017
  3. rlmosk Win User
    Not happy with Storage Pools.

New computer and upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I created a storage pool using 2 extra hard drives. It worked fine but I was unaware that by creating this pool I would lose the independent use of my files on Drive C. My normal Library files are
    now mirrored with the 2 extra drives I used to create the storage pool. I thought my C Drive (Library-Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, and Downloads) would stay separate from the storage pool and I could just copy files to my Storage Pool and delete them
    from my C: Drive if I wanted to.

I hope I'm explaining myself sufficiently. In other words, I thought creating a Storage Pool made 2 extra hard drives into one and you could copy files from the C: Drive when you wanted. Also, be able to delete files from the C: Drive in order to not fill
    it up so much. My C: Drive is a 512 GB SS drive. My 2 extra hard drives are 3TB each standard 7200 RPM SATA hard drives.

If this is how this works, I think I would rather have my drives back the way they were. Is there a way to reverse the Storage Pool?

Thanks.

rlmosk, Nov 25, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Nov 25, 2017
  5. sygnus21 Win User
    I don't see anything that answers the OP's question about "losing data on the pool" ?

I certainly don't have the answer, but perhaps Brink does?

@jadow77, you can post your question in Brink's tutorial if you like and see what he says.

Good luck.

sygnus21, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Storage pool upgrade - Will i loose data? - Similar Threads - Storage pool upgrade

2. How to Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In Storage Spaces, with an upgraded pool, you can optimize drive usage and remove […] This article How to Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. storage pools

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    storage pools: I have three 1 TB drives in my computer. Two of them are configured as a RAID1 mirrored drive, and the third drive is for backup. Today, for the first time, I became aware of storage pools, and when I explored my setup, I found that some space on my RAID1 drive is assigned to...
  4. Storage Pool

Storage Pool: My Asus VivoBook recently ran out of storage space so I have been using an external hard drive to store everything. Yet my laptop progessed into no disc space and wasn't responding to basic functions like the use of Microsoft Word. I decided to create a storage pool to allow...
  5. Loosing data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loosing data: Every month when Windows 10 updates I loose all my data. Like my favorites links and my tax code info. Is there a setting or a something that can be done Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loosing-data/109240ae-dfa6-43e1-b886-cff82cf2ac5a
  6. create storage pool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    create storage pool: I had a USB storage device that became damaged and unserviceable attached to my laptop I had a storage pool with this storage device . I deleted the storage device and did the necessary steps that i know to unattached the device from the memory. I plugged in a new storage...
  7. Storage Pool missing

Storage Pool missing: Hello. I had four 4TB drives in a 8TB Storage Pool mirrored setup. I was trying to use the "Remove"-option to replace one of the disks. After clicking it, Windows became unresponsive and then bluescreen. When Windows booted back up, the Storage Pool was missing, and the...
  8. Add Storage Pool

Add Storage Pool: Hey guys, I am have trouble a storage pool to my small HP stream it comes up with error 0x00000032 If someone could give me step by step instructions on how to fix this it would be much appreciated. Thanks...
  9. Storage Pools

Storage Pools: Hello, I currently have windows 10 Home premium x64 and I am running a storage pool with no parity. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise and I want to know if I will lose my Storage Pool and the information in it?...
  10. Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. If you created a storage pool in Windows 8.1 and either remove drives from pools...