Windows 10: Storage Pool with Windows 10 v2004

Discus and support Storage Pool with Windows 10 v2004 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I attempting to create a new Storage Pool on a system running Win 10 Home version 2004. Each time I click "Create Pool" I receive a message stating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Doug Koontz, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Storage Pool with Windows 10 v2004

I attempting to create a new Storage Pool on a system running Win 10 Home version 2004. Each time I click "Create Pool" I receive a message stating "Can't Prepare Disks, Close all apps that are accessing the drive and try again. The parameter is incorrect 0X00000057".

I have tried using various drives in different combinations, both formatted and unformatted but receive the same error each time. There are no active apps other than "Settings/System/Storage/Manage Storage Spaces".

This system was a bare metal install of version 2004, not an upgrade but I do have a different system with an active Storage Space which I upgraded from version 1909 to 2004 without problem.

Could this be a problem with the Create Pool function in version 2004?

:)

Doug Koontz, Jun 9, 2020
  2. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

333t, Jun 9, 2020
  3. replacing a drive in storage pool

Hi Arni,

As you referring to replacement of failed drive under storage pool, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• How exactly have you created a storage pool on your device?
    • Which is the operating system installed on your device? Confirm to us if Windows 10.
    • Is your device connected to Windows Server/ domain network?

Reply to the post with the required information and brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Storage Pool with Windows 10 v2004

create storage pool

I had a USB storage device that became damaged and unserviceable attached to my laptop I had a storage pool with this storage device . I deleted the storage device and did the necessary steps that i know to unattached the device from the memory. I plugged
    in a new storage device and tried to create a new storage pool. I keep getting the error r unable to create because it is being used by other apps.

RussellGlidewell, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Storage Pool with Windows 10 v2004

1. Storage Pool with Windows 10 v2004 - Similar Threads - Storage Pool v2004

2. storage pools

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    storage pools: I have three 1 TB drives in my computer. Two of them are configured as a RAID1 mirrored drive, and the third drive is for backup. Today, for the first time, I became aware of storage pools, and when I explored my setup, I found that some space on my RAID1 drive is assigned to...
  3. Storage Pool

Storage Pool: My Asus VivoBook recently ran out of storage space so I have been using an external hard drive to store everything. Yet my laptop progessed into no disc space and wasn't responding to basic functions like the use of Microsoft Word. I decided to create a storage pool to allow...
  4. create storage pool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    create storage pool: I had a USB storage device that became damaged and unserviceable attached to my laptop I had a storage pool with this storage device . I deleted the storage device and did the necessary steps that i know to unattached the device from the memory. I plugged in a new storage...
  5. Storage Pools

Storage Pools: Hello, I currently have windows 10 Home premium x64 and I am running a storage pool with no parity. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise and I want to know if I will lose my Storage Pool and the information in it?...
  6. Change Storage Space in Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Storage Space in Storage Pool in Windows 10: How to: Change Storage Space in Storage Pool in Windows 10 How to Change Storage Space in Storage Pool in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to change the name, drive letter, and size of a storage space...
  7. Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. If you created a storage pool in Windows 8.1 and either remove drives from pools...
  8. Delete Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Delete Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Delete a Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to delete a storage pool for Storage Spaces in Windows...
  9. Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10: How to: Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10 How to Create a Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to create a storage space for a storage pool in Windows...
  10. Rename Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rename Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Rename Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Rename Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. When you create a new storage pool, it is named Storage pool by default. You may want to...