Windows 10: Storage Problem

Discus and support Storage Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have a pc and it asked for storage to do an update so i plugged in an EMPTY 2TB flashdrive and it is still asking me for more storage. i have done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by H.laws, Dec 3, 2019.

1. H.laws Win User

Storage Problem

i have a pc and it asked for storage to do an update so i plugged in an EMPTY 2TB flashdrive and it is still asking me for more storage. i have done what i could to remove space but it is still asking for 1.4 or something GB, but when i remove the storage it asks for 4 Gb. I do not know what to do so i came here for guidance.

:)

H.laws, Dec 3, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Storage Problem

Hi,

It's possible that the 346GB of space that you're seeing under the Apps & games window refers to the available space of the selected drive and not the actual usage. To confirm this information, we suggest that you check the total
    usage through the Storage usage screen instead. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start menu or Windows icon.
    • Select the gear icon or Settings.
    • Select System > Storage.
    • Under Choose a drive to see what's taking up space, select
      This PC (Drive letter)
    • Under Apps & games, check if the space usage exceeds the estimate 140GB of space.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Storage Problem

Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Storage Problem

1. Storage Problem - Similar Threads - Storage Problem

2. Windows 10 1909 storage problem after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1909 storage problem after update: I've installed update on my laptop and know i have storage problems. Every time i boot Windows, i have around 1GB free space on C:\ partition, and in short time it gets zeroed.. I've done disk check, nothing. Searched with Disk cleanup, nothing. All files and folders in...
  3. Problems with build 1903 and Intel Rapid Storage Technology

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with build 1903 and Intel Rapid Storage Technology: From what I read, there was supposed to be a block on build 1903 for any machines running Intel RST older than V15.5.2. I have a Dell Latitude laptop that's running version 12.9.0 and went through with the update to build 1903 just fine. However now the RST diver is...
  4. Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management App (Elevation problem?)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management App (Elevation problem?): Hello I recently downloaded all Intel apps on my computer and so all of them worked fine until this one failed to work. Is there any fix to this problem?[ATTACH]...
  5. Windows update problem related to Intel Rapid Storage Technology

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update problem related to Intel Rapid Storage Technology: I talked to one of the representatives regarding this update problem. I couldn't find my product key, and then he told me he would transfer my call to a different number, where no one answered till I hung up after waiting for close to 30 minutes. There were only recorded...
  6. STORAGE problem on notepad device.

STORAGE problem on notepad device.: so i am on windows 10 home 64bit and have added 250gb of new storage to the notepad . my original ram was 4gb and the extra 250gb is recognised as drive D: I CAN COPY AND PASTE FILES FROM C INTO D. In options it has suggested that I can op for the downloaded context to be...
  7. Windows Crashed while Downloading Game and Causes Storage Problems.

Windows Crashed while Downloading Game and Causes Storage Problems.: Windows Crashed while downloading ARK: Survival Evolved and now It says I need to restart the entire download but the content from before the crash is now stuck on my PC. Any help with removing the dead space would be appreciated....
  8. duplicate triple even four times files in C drive... storage problem

duplicate triple even four times files in C drive... storage problem: I was planning to clone my old hdd to my new laptop and after process it did not go through but I got more than 600gb on my 1tb C drive. It is supposed to be not more than 200gb original files, document, photos etc.. in that C drive... any solution to delete those duplicated...
  9. storage problems

storage problems: I was given the option to free up my space and when I clicked the link in my settings to do so, it took me to the selection I can permanently delete my files. I am trying to choose my bigger files that are taking up the majority of my storage, but it just doesn't respond to...
  10. Problem ejecting USB Mass Storage Device, This device is currently in use

in Windows 10 News
    Problem ejecting USB Mass Storage Device, This device is currently in use: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The standard procedure to eject a USB drive, or for that matter any external media is to select the option “Safely remove hardware and eject media” from the Taskbar menu. However, at times while trying to eject the media through [...] This post Problem...