Windows 10: Storage problem

Discus and support Storage problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, i wonder if anyone can advise me. I recently had a problem booting up my windows 10 PC, which I eventually fixed. I then found my available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by raul98, Jul 4, 2020.

1. raul98 Win User

Storage problem

Hello, i wonder if anyone can advise me. I recently had a problem booting up my windows 10 PC, which I eventually fixed. I then found my available storage had reduced by about 10GB. I presume this is taken up by some sort of error dump from the previous problem, but don't know where to look for it - can anyone help? thanks

:)

raul98, Jul 4, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Storage Problem

Hi,

It's possible that the 346GB of space that you're seeing under the Apps & games window refers to the available space of the selected drive and not the actual usage. To confirm this information, we suggest that you check the total
    usage through the Storage usage screen instead. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start menu or Windows icon.
    • Select the gear icon or Settings.
    • Select System > Storage.
    • Under Choose a drive to see what's taking up space, select
      This PC (Drive letter)
    • Under Apps & games, check if the space usage exceeds the estimate 140GB of space.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Storage problem

Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Storage problem

1. Storage problem - Similar Threads - Storage problem

2. How do i solve this problem. I had accidentally deleted my healthy disk drive storage which...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i solve this problem. I had accidentally deleted my healthy disk drive storage which...: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22631.2792] c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Windows\System32>reagentc /info Windows Recovery Environment Windows RE and system reset configuration Information: Windows RE status: Disabled Windows RE location: Boot Configuration...
  3. How do i solve this problem. I had accidentally deleted my healthy disk drive storage which...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i solve this problem. I had accidentally deleted my healthy disk drive storage which...: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22631.2792] c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Windows\System32>reagentc /info Windows Recovery Environment Windows RE and system reset configuration Information: Windows RE status: Disabled Windows RE location: Boot Configuration...
  4. W11 temporary files storage problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 temporary files storage problem?: I can't seem to be able to post any pictures here for some reason, so I'll just try to describe it:i go to settings system then storage then i see all of my storage, there is this section "temporary files" it says it takes up 31.3gb of my storage i went in there cleaned...
  5. W11 temporary files storage problem?

W11 temporary files storage problem?: I can't seem to be able to post any pictures here for some reason, so I'll just try to describe it:i go to settings system then storage then i see all of my storage, there is this section "temporary files" it says it takes up 31.3gb of my storage i went in there cleaned...
  6. Storage Spaces: Parity Space has Error but does not state what the problem is

Storage Spaces: Parity Space has Error but does not state what the problem is: Hello Microsoftmaybe you can help. I already tried every result on google and asked in a win10 forum. No help. I have a running storage pool with 3 x 4TB in parity on Win10. The HDDs are ~2 years old. CrystalDisk shows everything green on them. However, Windows shows me an...
  7. Storage Spaces: Parity Space has Error but does not state what the problem is

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces: Parity Space has Error but does not state what the problem is: Hello Microsoftmaybe you can help. I already tried every result on google and asked in a win10 forum. No help. I have a running storage pool with 3 x 4TB in parity on Win10. The HDDs are ~2 years old. CrystalDisk shows everything green on them. However, Windows shows me an...
  8. Storage Spaces: Parity Space has Error but does not state what the problem is

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. a Microsoft WinRT Storage API problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a Microsoft WinRT Storage API problem: Hi,I'm working in an IT company and operating a app on Windows platform. By some reason, we need to run that app as administrator.We are using company's domain credential to identify ourself to "run as admin" by using another username.After we upgraded into Windows 11, we...
  10. a Microsoft WinRT Storage API problem

a Microsoft WinRT Storage API problem: Hi,I'm working in an IT company and operating a app on Windows platform. By some reason, we need to run that app as administrator.We are using company's domain credential to identify ourself to "run as admin" by using another username.After we upgraded into Windows 11, we...