Windows 10: Storage Problems apps & features

Discus and support Storage Problems apps & features in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a 238GB drive. Windows settings says I have 187GB in Apps & Features. My drive is now full. I have added nothing to my computer. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KenUnger1, Jan 21, 2021.

1. KenUnger1 Win User

Storage Problems apps & features

I have a 238GB drive. Windows settings says I have 187GB in Apps & Features. My drive is now full. I have added nothing to my computer. When I check the Apps through settings, I have 73 apps that add up to maybe a few GB. I have done all the traditional fixes that windows recommends. Something is thinking I have way more storage in this area then I actually do. I ran it by a friend who knows a lot about windows and he was stumped.

:)

KenUnger1, Jan 21, 2021

2. Windows 8.1 phone app problem

We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Launch Storage Sense.
    • Select the folder which the app is installed (phone or memory card).
    • Tap Apps+games.
    • Select the app and then uninstall.
    • Re-install the app by going to the Store.

Let us know how it goes.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jan 21, 2021
  3. sam iko Win User
    new features 'completed' no details given: sd storage of apps and storage clean up

For example:

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...racking_code=da61a0d7fd4a8d3f5764ea2b0e3661b2

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...racking_code=41f021c2f1ea44753096691f01539f29

these two topics requesting sd storage for apps and some way to clean up phone storage have been closed as completed. But the copied and pasted template answer doesn't tell us how!!!

many of us have already searched for an answer and found nothing. There is no way to do what they say they have done for us!!!

so its seems Microsoft not only ignore their 'support forum' but also 'complete' tasks without doing so just to meet some stats somewhere.

if Microsoft actually read this my suggestion is a link at least to a 'how to use this new feature' when you close a suggestion.

in the very least explain what was done to complete these two

sam iko, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Storage Problems apps & features

Storage Problem

Hi,

It's possible that the 346GB of space that you're seeing under the Apps & games window refers to the available space of the selected drive and not the actual usage. To confirm this information, we suggest that you check the total
    usage through the Storage usage screen instead. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start menu or Windows icon.
    • Select the gear icon or Settings.
    • Select System > Storage.
    • Under Choose a drive to see what's taking up space, select
      This PC (Drive letter)
    • Under Apps & games, check if the space usage exceeds the estimate 140GB of space.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Storage Problems apps & features

1. Storage Problems apps & features - Similar Threads - Storage Problems apps

2. apps and feature is taking to much storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    apps and feature is taking to much storage: helloi have noticed that apps and feature is taking a lot of storage on my laptop it use to be less than 40GB 2 days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-feature-is-taking-to-much-storage/6df5c318-41c3-4dbd-bcb7-42f3c3abb5fe
  3. apps and feature is taking to much storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps and feature is taking to much storage: helloi have noticed that apps and feature is taking a lot of storage on my laptop it use to be less than 40GB 2 days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-feature-is-taking-to-much-storage/6df5c318-41c3-4dbd-bcb7-42f3c3abb5fe
  4. apps and feature is taking to much storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Apps & Features Storage

Apps & Features Storage: I went through and added the total amount of storage it shows is taken up and it only adds up to around 10 gigs. The storage claims there is almost 200 gigs taken up there and I cannot figure out why....
  6. Apps & Features Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps & Features Storage: I went through and added the total amount of storage it shows is taken up and it only adds up to around 10 gigs. The storage claims there is almost 200 gigs taken up there and I cannot figure out why....
  7. Apps & Features Storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. storage usage, apps and features

storage usage, apps and features: In storage, it says apps and features is using 174 GB of my very tiny 256GB SSD. BUT when I click on Apps and Features, the numbers are not anywhere close to adding up to 174 GB. When I add up what it shows me, it barely comes to 3 GB, so where is all the other space??...
  9. STORAGE , APPS & FEATURES

STORAGE , APPS & FEATURES: Hi, upon going to system settings and seeing the storage i can see that the apps & features is occupying 160 GB but upon clicking on it , it hardly show me 4 GB worth of information approx. i am not sure what apps & features is taking up so much space and no details are...
  10. Apps and features storage discrepancy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps and features storage discrepancy: When I look at my storage space in settings, it says apps and features take up 64.5 gb. However, when I go into the control panel and look at the list of installed programs and features there, it says they only total to 1.45 gb. Anyone know what's causing this discrepancy?...