Windows 10: Storage Reserved Partition Error

Discus and support Storage Reserved Partition Error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just built my first PC and am now running into some problems I could use some help with. I initially installed Windows 10 from a USB onto my SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by flaw3, Aug 25, 2015.

1. flaw3 Win User

Storage Reserved Partition Error

I just built my first PC and am now running into some problems I could use some help with. I initially installed Windows 10 from a USB onto my SSD (Samsung 850 EVO 250gb), but also had my WD Blue 1TB HDD installed. The storage reserved partition was erroneously installed onto the HDD. After researching the issue, I did a clean install of Windows onto the SSD with the HDD disconnected. This has led to two new issues:
    1. The SSD does not show a storage reserved partition.
    2. The HDD is not recognized in BIOS or Drive Management while the SSD is connected.
    I launched the Windows installer with only the HDD attached and found the original storage reserve partition still existed. I removed that partition, but the unallocated space did not increase. I'm not sure how to proceed. Thank you.

:)

flaw3, Aug 25, 2015

2. C Drive Error

While it's not advisable to have the Paging file on the system reserved partition, it is large enough that you can leave it there for now and focus on removing files off of C to storage. Report back how performance is or any errors as you go

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 25, 2015
  3. qinada Win User
    cannot locate system reserved partition on Disk Management

This Windows 10 upgrade error is usually caused by insufficient space on the System Reserved partition. When you install Windows to a partitioned MBR disk, Windows will create an additional partition without drive letter labeled as System Reserved, which
    stores important boot files and normally locates before the system partition (often known as C: drive). On Windows 7, it often takes 100MB disk space, 350MB on Windows 8, and 500MB on Windows 10. Since upgrading to Windows 10 needs more space on the System
    Reserved partition, Windows 10 will not upgrade unless it detects that the System Reserved partition has enough space. If you fresh install Windows 10 to a specific partition, you won't receive this error. By the way, the System Reserved partition first appearance
    was on Windows 7, so you won't have this error on previous versions of Windows.

To solve this problem of being unable to update System Reserved partition, you can increase the size of System Reserved partition using third party free partition software like AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard, which can manage your disks and partitions
    without data loss.

For detailed solution, see this article: Fix "We Couldn’t Update the System Reserved Partition" Error

qinada, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

Storage Reserved Partition Error

1. Storage Reserved Partition Error - Similar Threads - Storage Reserved Partition

2. System Reserve Partition and Storage Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Reserve Partition and Storage Settings: Hey Community,I was reviewing my laptop from work and I notice a couple issues with the System Reserved files section. It is showing 41GB as the system & Reserved. I was under the impression that the system reserve only needed 500 MB.I then went to my disk management to check...
  3. System Reserve Partition and Storage Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Reserve Partition and Storage Settings: Hey Community,I was reviewing my laptop from work and I notice a couple issues with the System Reserved files section. It is showing 41GB as the system & Reserved. I was under the impression that the system reserve only needed 500 MB.I then went to my disk management to check...
  4. System Reserve Partition and Storage Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Reserved Partition: Hello, I did some storage upgrade on my system by adding an M.2 NVME 1TB SSD drive and cloned my old drive that has windows 10 operating system. I now have two systems reserved partition on both the old and newly installed drive. The system reserved section limits my...
  6. Disable Reserved Storage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Reserved Storage: I am unable to disable reserved storage, I kept trying and there is just no "Reserved Storage" tab in my Registry Editor and I am not sure what to do.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-reserved-storage/f35024a5-faa6-48b4-8a45-85e0972357d3
  7. System reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System reserved Partition: as you can probably see in the screenshot , my System reserved Partition and the partition where my windows is installed are on totally different drives: windows: drive 0 (SSD) System reserved Partition: drive 1 (HDD) what i want is simple: move System reserved Partition...
  8. Reserved Storage Information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reserved Storage Information: I'm looking for information about the New feature of reserve storage and how can I disable it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reserved-storage-information/62842160-3b62-4856-a59a-70dd0402cb3a
  9. Reserved Partition Error

Reserved Partition Error: I want to bounce this off you before move ahead. I'm getting the Reserved Partion error when I try to install Win 10 on my Wn 7 rig. My SSD is an EVO 500 partitions are Data 100MB C: 419GB Unallocated 46.58GB - this is my Over Provision Partition. I guess I need...
  10. No system reserved partition

No system reserved partition: Installed a Samsung SSD on my Asus CM6730-06 desktop running Win7. the Win7 OS was cloned from the Asus Pc to Samsung SSD. Windows 7 runs great off the SSD. Got a Windows 10 upgrade notice and received an automatic download of Win10 but when it tries to install I get the...