Windows 10: Storage Sense and Downloads folder

Discus and support Storage Sense and Downloads folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was trying to free disk space, searched on Storage and got to Storage Sense. I clicked on an option about deleting files in the Downloads folder,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Liazard, Jun 8, 2022.

1. Liazard Win User

Storage Sense and Downloads folder

I was trying to free disk space, searched on Storage and got to Storage Sense. I clicked on an option about deleting files in the Downloads folder, expecting a more complete description or warning about what would happen next. But it deleted all files including files in subfolders of the Downloads folder.The files are not in the Recycle Bin. Is there any way to get these files back?

:)

Liazard, Jun 8, 2022

2. Windows 10 Storage Sense does not clear Downloads folder

Hi Bent,

You may want to try these steps:

1. Press Win + R keys together on your keyboard and type:

gpedit.msc

Press Enter. Windows 10 run gpedit

2. Group Policy Editor will open. Go to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Storage Sense.

3. Enable the policy option Configure Storage Storage Downloads cleanup threshold.Windows 10 Storage Sense Set Downloads Delete Automatically GP

4.Set the desired number of days in the Options: box. Enter a number between 0 to 365 for the number of days you want. It will be set for all users of your computer.

Please let me know if this will help you solve your issue.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Jun 8, 2022
  3. Martmcd Win User
    What is STORAGE SENSE?

Hi Taffy087

Storage sense automatically removes temporary files etc. when disk space is getting low.

1) yes, as space is getting low on the system disk, although at that stage it hadn't done anything it is turned off by default but was suggesting you turn it on.

2) it is new with windows 10, but if you were not low on space you may not have known about it. It will eventually replace the disk clean-up.

3) you can safely remove everything listed in storage sense.

windows.old contains details of the previous build and is only required if you opt to roll back within 10 days of installing a feature update - if you don't need to roll back or it has been more than 10 days, you can safely delete it.

some info on storage sense

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Storage-...

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-storage-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Martmcd, Jun 8, 2022
  4. Storage Sense and Downloads folder

Windows 10 Storage Sense does not clear Downloads folder

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately this is not an answer to my question in any way. I want to know how to fix the new Storage Sense feature that should clear the Downloads folder automatically (!) on a daily basis.

Bent H Moeller, Jun 8, 2022
Thema:

Storage Sense and Downloads folder

1. Storage Sense and Downloads folder - Similar Threads - Storage Sense Downloads

2. Storage Sense and Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Sense and Downloads folder: I was trying to free disk space, searched on Storage and got to Storage Sense. I clicked on an option about deleting files in the Downloads folder, expecting a more complete description or warning about what would happen next. But it deleted all files including files in...
  3. Storage Sense and Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Sense and Downloads folder: I was trying to free disk space, searched on Storage and got to Storage Sense. I clicked on an option about deleting files in the Downloads folder, expecting a more complete description or warning about what would happen next. But it deleted all files including files in...
  4. Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder: I turned Storage Sense on a few weeks ago and set it to run every day. I also have Storage Sense set to delete files in my Downloads folder if they haven't been opened for more than 30 days.However, nothing seems to be getting deleted from my Downloads folder, even though I...
  5. Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder: I turned Storage Sense on a few weeks ago and set it to run every day. I also have Storage Sense set to delete files in my Downloads folder if they haven't been opened for more than 30 days.However, nothing seems to be getting deleted from my Downloads folder, even though I...
  6. Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder

7. storage Sense

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    storage Sense: If I set storage sense to clean every day? It doesn't seem to do anything Am I missing anything in my settings? or does it work only when you reach full capacity on the drive? thank you and stay safe 155349
  8. Windows 10 Storage Sense does not clear Downloads folder

Windows 10 Storage Sense does not clear Downloads folder: I want to delete my Downloads folder on a daily basis. Unfortunately Storage Sense does not do anything. I activated all relevant GPOs: [ATTACH] Taking a look into the Storage Sense settings everything is configured and looks fine: [ATTACH] I also took a look into the...
  9. Storage sense

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Storage sense: Not able to turn on due to Administrator blocking it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/de41c85d-6ad8-4362-8c75-8176c32925de
  10. Storage Sense is not deleting old files in the Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage Sense is not deleting old files in the Downloads folder: Here are my settings for Storage Sense. However I have waited for 2 days now and files older than 1 day are still in the recycle bin (see below). [ATTACH] Downloads folder: [ATTACH] The files can be deleted manually and are also deleted when running storage sense...