Windows 10: Storage Sense Compression and OneDrive

Discus and support Storage Sense Compression and OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today, when manually freeing up space using Storage Sense, I saw an option to compress files for the first time. After I selected it and clicked Remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jlajr, Feb 16, 2019.

1. jlajr Win User

Storage Sense Compression and OneDrive

Today, when manually freeing up space using Storage Sense, I saw an option to compress files for the first time. After I selected it and clicked Remove files, notifications appeared regarding files OneDrive was downloading. With only a 32GB SD card permanently connected as ROM, I manually make sure that all of the my OneDrive files are not stored locally. Therefore, I stopped the file download, blocked the OneDrive from automatically downloading files, and manually reset the OneDrive files and folders to Free up space.

So, why, when the goal is to free up local space for storage, would OneDrive download files that take up space?

Also, by default, when downloading/saving files to OneDrive, it keeps a local copy, and when opening OneDrive files using File Explorer, it automatically downloads a copy into local storage - not the most intuitive behavior, IMHO. Is there a way to change this default behavior?

:)

jlajr, Feb 16, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Storage Sense

Nice one Dude. Added to the list.

I am happy you made this, it has been on my ToDo list for ages but the real life has been messing with my plans preventing any time consuming hobbies like video making Storage Sense Compression and OneDrive :)

3. onedrive taking up alot of storage windows phone

Hi,

To isolate the concern, please answer the following questions:

• Is your phone up-to-date?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How long has your phone had this issue?
    • Have you tried logging in to OneDrive via Edge or other browser to check if the data is still available? You can compare the used storage from the one you're seeing on OneDrive app.
    • Have you tried to check your phone storage to check how your phone storage space is being used? Go to
      Settings > Storage sense > Phone > Apps + games >
      look for OneDrive app, take a screenshot and attach it to your reply.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Dennis Zac, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Storage Sense Compression and OneDrive

Windows Phone 8.1 OneDrive Album issue

I saw this fix on another form and it worked for me.

• Remove the picture from the Album
    • Settings->storage sense->phone->temporary files->delete (even if it says zero bytes)
    • Settings->storage sense->photos->manage->albums->OneDrive (online)
    I don't know if step #3 was important or not, but I did do that.

Nick_Acquaviva, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Storage Sense Compression and OneDrive

1. Storage Sense Compression and OneDrive - Similar Threads - Storage Sense Compression

2. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Sense: My storage sense are now 37.2gb from 222 gb and how i free space back to 35.3gb from 222 gb? The storage sense fills up space because of windows update installation. I got use system restore won't free space back to 35.3 gb from 222gb but free up space a bit. I use system...
  3. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Sense: My storage sense are now 37.2gb from 222 gb and how i free space back to 35.3gb from 222 gb? The storage sense fills up space because of windows update installation. I got use system restore won't free space back to 35.3 gb from 222gb but free up space a bit. I use system...
  4. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage Sense: When Storage Sense is set to run on a scheduled basis every month for example, what files are deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/41d260f8-9231-4d50-a64d-c99e924ab100
  6. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage Sense: In my Windows 10 system, Temporary Files contain system restore points-9 GB and Windows update Cleanup-6 GB, Is it safe to delete such temporary files? plz Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/981146e3-b38f-4e3c-88e3-c7bdb6a67b91
  7. storage Sense

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    storage Sense: If I set storage sense to clean every day? It doesn't seem to do anything Am I missing anything in my settings? or does it work only when you reach full capacity on the drive? thank you and stay safe 155349
  8. Storage sense

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Storage sense: Not able to turn on due to Administrator blocking it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/de41c85d-6ad8-4362-8c75-8176c32925de
  9. Storage Sense and Compressing drive C?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Storage Sense and Compressing drive C?: Now that Reserve Storage has reduced storage available to about 2 GB I am begining to experience some issues, even having done my usual cleaning routines. There might still be something more to gain from cleaning up further in Storage Sense. Download Files appears to have...
  10. Storage Sense and Compressing drive C?

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage Sense and Compressing drive C?: Now that Reserve Storage has reduced storage available to about 2 GB I am begining to experience some issues, even having done my usual cleaning routines. There might still be something more to gain from cleaning up further in Storage Sense. Download Files appears to have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how long does compress drive take in storage sense

2. removing unused cloud-backed content

3. unused cloud backed content

4. HOW TO remove unused cloud-backed content ONE DRIVE,
  5. how to remove unused cloud content one drive from computer,
  6. remove unused cloud-backed content,
  7. windows storage sense data center one drive,
  8. windows 10 remove unused cloud-backed content,
  9. what is unused cloud-backed content onedrive,
  10. what is unused cloud backed content on onedrive,
  11. remove unused onedrive cloud backed content,
  12. Remove Unused Cloud Backed Content,
  13. storage sense compress your os drive,
  14. storage sense will not go blue on windows 10 how to fix deleting files so it will make space,
  15. onedrive storage sense