Windows 10: Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder

Discus and support Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I turned Storage Sense on a few weeks ago and set it to run every day. I also have Storage Sense set to delete files in my Downloads folder if they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Donny Murgatroyd, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder

I turned Storage Sense on a few weeks ago and set it to run every day. I also have Storage Sense set to delete files in my Downloads folder if they haven't been opened for more than 30 days.However, nothing seems to be getting deleted from my Downloads folder, even though I have a lot of files in there which have not been opened for more than 30 days.I know Storage Sense is deleting files in my recycle bin which have been there for over 30 days, so why isn't it also deleting Downloads which haven't been opened for more than 30 days?

:)

Donny Murgatroyd, Apr 5, 2022
  2. Wello95 Win User

Storage Sense is not deleting old files in the Downloads folder

Here are my settings for Storage Sense. However I have waited for 2 days now and files older than 1 day are still in the recycle bin (see below).

Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder 7f4530b2-8d9c-4fac-8e2a-aefe8d3b2f3e?upload=true.png

Downloads folder:

Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder 685b012f-3a60-40ef-b78c-2ba52672a58c?upload=true.png

The files can be deleted manually and are also deleted when running storage sense manually with the "Clean Now" button, but no automatic deletion happens.

Wello95, Apr 5, 2022
  3. roy111 Win User
    Specify when Storage Sense Delete Files in Downloads Folder for Current User in Settings

Hi, first of all let me thank you for the detailed tutorial.

There is one point that I do not find clear:

What do you mean with "Storage Sense can now turn itself on" ?

I see there is a switch that can turn on/off storage sense, my storage sense is now disabled

Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder [​IMG]

what happen when I'll be low on spage, will files be removed, meaning that it will turn itself on and files will be removed even if the swictch is "disabled"?

Thanks.

roy111, Apr 5, 2022
  4. Martmcd Win User

Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder

What did Windows Storage Sense delete?

Hi Garth

storage sense deletes old and unused files from recycle bin, temp folders and the downloads folder. it does not delete your personal files from the user folders.

hope that helps, please let me know if you need further info

Martmcd, Apr 5, 2022
Thema:

Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder

1. Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder - Similar Threads - Storage Sense does

2. Does storage sense delete personal files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does storage sense delete personal files?: I just wanna ask if it deleted personal files, recently, a bunch of files in my downloads folder had suddenly disappeared luckily the files weren't too important and I think it's because of storage sense. Is it better to turn it off and delete files manually or to use a...
  3. Does storage sense delete personal files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does storage sense delete personal files?: I just wanna ask if it deleted personal files, recently, a bunch of files in my downloads folder had suddenly disappeared luckily the files weren't too important and I think it's because of storage sense. Is it better to turn it off and delete files manually or to use a...
  4. Storage Sense and Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Sense and Downloads folder: I was trying to free disk space, searched on Storage and got to Storage Sense. I clicked on an option about deleting files in the Downloads folder, expecting a more complete description or warning about what would happen next. But it deleted all files including files in...
  5. Storage Sense and Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Sense and Downloads folder: I was trying to free disk space, searched on Storage and got to Storage Sense. I clicked on an option about deleting files in the Downloads folder, expecting a more complete description or warning about what would happen next. But it deleted all files including files in...
  6. Storage Sense and Downloads folder

7. Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder

Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder: I turned Storage Sense on a few weeks ago and set it to run every day. I also have Storage Sense set to delete files in my Downloads folder if they haven't been opened for more than 30 days.However, nothing seems to be getting deleted from my Downloads folder, even though I...
  8. Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder: I turned Storage Sense on a few weeks ago and set it to run every day. I also have Storage Sense set to delete files in my Downloads folder if they haven't been opened for more than 30 days.However, nothing seems to be getting deleted from my Downloads folder, even though I...
  9. Storage Sense is not deleting old files in the Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage Sense is not deleting old files in the Downloads folder: Here are my settings for Storage Sense. However I have waited for 2 days now and files older than 1 day are still in the recycle bin (see below). [ATTACH] Downloads folder: [ATTACH] The files can be deleted manually and are also deleted when running storage sense...
  10. Specify Storage Sense Delete Files in Downloads Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Specify Storage Sense Delete Files in Downloads Folder in Windows 10: How to: Specify Storage Sense Delete Files in Downloads Folder in Windows 10 How to Specify when Storage Sense Delete Files in Downloads Folder in Windows 10 Starting with Storage Sense option in Storage Settings to automatically get rid of the files you dont need to...