Windows 10: Storage Sense is not deleting old files in the Downloads folder

Discus and support Storage Sense is not deleting old files in the Downloads folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Here are my settings for Storage Sense. However I have waited for 2 days now and files older than 1 day are still in the recycle bin (see below).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wello95, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Wello95 Win User

Storage Sense is not deleting old files in the Downloads folder

Here are my settings for Storage Sense. However I have waited for 2 days now and files older than 1 day are still in the recycle bin (see below).

Storage Sense is not deleting old files in the Downloads folder 7f4530b2-8d9c-4fac-8e2a-aefe8d3b2f3e?upload=true.png

Downloads folder:

Storage Sense is not deleting old files in the Downloads folder 685b012f-3a60-40ef-b78c-2ba52672a58c?upload=true.png

The files can be deleted manually and are also deleted when running storage sense manually with the "Clean Now" button, but no automatic deletion happens.

:)

Wello95, Feb 12, 2019
  2. roy111 Win User

Specify Storage Sense Delete Files in Downloads Folder in Windows 10

Hi, first of all let me thank you for the detailed tutorial.

There is one point that I do not find clear:

What do you mean with "Storage Sense can now turn itself on" ?

I see there is a switch that can turn on/off storage sense, my storage sense is now disabled

Storage Sense is not deleting old files in the Downloads folder [​IMG]

what happen when I'll be low on spage, will files be removed, meaning that it will turn itself on and files will be removed even if the swictch is "disabled"?

Thanks.

roy111, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Storage Sense is not deleting old files in the Downloads folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Storage Sense is not deleting old files in the Downloads folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Storage Sense is not deleting old files in the Downloads folder

Storage sense shows all files under other except apps.

I presume you are referring to music which would be the item above Video and not in the screenshot

Allocation must be in the appropriate folder and NOT just anywhere on the SD card

Tapping music will first bring up MANAGE and then takes you to Xbox Music (one extra step than you would have done if on Home screen)

Here is the guide on
    Storage Sense

To correct this you must copy the music to PC delete it then from the SD Card and then copy it to the music folder...........

OR if still available delete it from the SD card and copy it from OLD SD card in card reader to NEW SD card

Both options whilst NEW SD card in in the phone

Music will then be listed under MUSIC.

Additional

".. all my files are in their respective folders"

The second screen shot appears to be from an app which may have the words file and manager in its title but it is NOT as versatile a PC based file manager

The app clearly LIST the type of files you have and possibly NOT the 'real' location?

Storage Sense apparently does NOT recognise this so files are stored under OTHERS despite the stated location.

New media will be added correctly say a Video saved to card.

You need to follow the instructions above to correct existing due to the File Manager apps' limited functionality .

Philip Anderson's Mother's Son, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Storage Sense is not deleting old files in the Downloads folder

1. Storage Sense is not deleting old files in the Downloads folder - Similar Threads - Storage Sense deleting

2. Storage Sense and Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Sense and Downloads folder: I was trying to free disk space, searched on Storage and got to Storage Sense. I clicked on an option about deleting files in the Downloads folder, expecting a more complete description or warning about what would happen next. But it deleted all files including files in...
  3. Storage Sense and Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Sense and Downloads folder: I was trying to free disk space, searched on Storage and got to Storage Sense. I clicked on an option about deleting files in the Downloads folder, expecting a more complete description or warning about what would happen next. But it deleted all files including files in...
  4. Storage Sense and Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder: I turned Storage Sense on a few weeks ago and set it to run every day. I also have Storage Sense set to delete files in my Downloads folder if they haven't been opened for more than 30 days.However, nothing seems to be getting deleted from my Downloads folder, even though I...
  6. Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder: I turned Storage Sense on a few weeks ago and set it to run every day. I also have Storage Sense set to delete files in my Downloads folder if they haven't been opened for more than 30 days.However, nothing seems to be getting deleted from my Downloads folder, even though I...
  7. Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Storage sense deleting files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Storage sense deleting files: I know I'm asking this question again but it is because I want more clarity. So, the problem is my c drive was almost full like 114.5/118 GB occupied and my recycle bin was empty. I deleted a zip file that I downloaded from google drive from downloads folder, it was of size...
  9. Storage sense deleting files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Storage sense deleting files: My c drive was almost full like only 4.5 GB was free and my recycle bin was empty then I deleted a downloaded zip file from downloads folder and later after some time saw that my recycle bin was empty. My storage sense was on would run when on low disk space and set to delete...
  10. Specify Storage Sense Delete Files in Downloads Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Specify Storage Sense Delete Files in Downloads Folder in Windows 10: How to: Specify Storage Sense Delete Files in Downloads Folder in Windows 10 How to Specify when Storage Sense Delete Files in Downloads Folder in Windows 10 Starting with Storage Sense option in Storage Settings to automatically get rid of the files you dont need to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. storage sense not deleting bin