Windows 10: Storage Sense modifying installed apps information in Add/Remove Programs

Discus and support Storage Sense modifying installed apps information in Add/Remove Programs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Team, It has been observed that after execution of storage sense Scheduled Task, the Estimated Size of the installed apps are getting modified... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by saihemnadh, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Storage Sense modifying installed apps information in Add/Remove Programs

Hello Team,

It has been observed that after execution of storage sense Scheduled Task, the Estimated Size of the installed apps are getting modified which results in the modification of InstallDate information in Add/Remove programs.

Case 1: Application having InstallDate information in the uninstall registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\<Application Name>/<ProductCode>

Type - String
    Name - InstallDate
    Value - 20200219 i.e 19 feb 2020

Description: Even though storage sense is modifying the estimated size information, the InstallDate is not getting modified as there is already a static value defined.

Case 2: Application not having InstallDate information in uninstall registry.

Description: Storage sense is modifying the estimated size information which results in the change of InstallDate information in ARP as there is no InstallDate information provided and it is picking the last modified information of the uninstall hive.

Could you please suggest the reasons on why Storage Sense is modifying the estimated size information for particular applications and not for all the apps installed in the machine

:)

saihemnadh, Jun 29, 2020

2. Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yes, the install was corrupted the first time you tried to install it most likely. Now the system does believe it is installed and/or can't find the Uninstaller; however, the program scanner can still find the program folder.

Does the software work and just listed repeated? If so, use CCleaner. Under tools and Uninstaller (I think) you can delete the install listing with uninstalling anything.

If the software does not work, then you are going to have to start the uninstaller from something else like Ccleaner, directly from the program folder, or some other third party app. Then reinstall the software after a restart.

If that fails. Delete the program folder and user folder (Optional). Then run the uninstaller. It will say software not installed...blah blah, remove this listing? Click Yes. Then restart, reinstall.

TheLaughingMan, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yea, the programs work... everything is just listed over and over... I used CCleaner and it worked just fine... thanks!

Morrison5891, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Storage Sense modifying installed apps information in Add/Remove Programs

Add Remove Programs looking different.

That's the least of your problems, you actually are seeing a completely wrong set of headings! What you should see are Name, Publisher, Installed on, Size and Version.

Storage Sense modifying installed apps information in Add/Remove Programs [​IMG]

This page is produced by explorer.exe with a custom view appropriate to this particular page. Somehow it is using the headings more appropriate to viewing a normal folder (Date modified and Type have no meaning here). As a first step, try restarting windows to see if that cures it.

Thema:

Storage Sense modifying installed apps information in Add/Remove Programs

1. Storage Sense modifying installed apps information in Add/Remove Programs - Similar Threads - Storage Sense modifying

2. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Sense: My storage sense are now 37.2gb from 222 gb and how i free space back to 35.3gb from 222 gb? The storage sense fills up space because of windows update installation. I got use system restore won't free space back to 35.3 gb from 222gb but free up space a bit. I use system...
  3. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Sense: My storage sense are now 37.2gb from 222 gb and how i free space back to 35.3gb from 222 gb? The storage sense fills up space because of windows update installation. I got use system restore won't free space back to 35.3 gb from 222gb but free up space a bit. I use system...
  4. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage Sense: When Storage Sense is set to run on a scheduled basis every month for example, what files are deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/41d260f8-9231-4d50-a64d-c99e924ab100
  6. Storage Sense

Storage Sense: In my Windows 10 system, Temporary Files contain system restore points-9 GB and Windows update Cleanup-6 GB, Is it safe to delete such temporary files? plz Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/981146e3-b38f-4e3c-88e3-c7bdb6a67b91
  7. storage senses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    storage senses: I'm trying to configure my storage senses, but it's telling my administrator has it blocked. My account is the administrator and I don't know how to enable it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-senses/bca54aa3-691a-45ad-90cd-529f45a20bff
  8. Storage Sense modifying installed apps information in Add/Remove Programs

Storage Sense modifying installed apps information in Add/Remove Programs: Hello Team, It has been observed that after execution of storage sense Scheduled Task, the Estimated Size of the installed apps are getting modified which results in the modification of InstallDate information in Add/Remove programs. Case 1: Application having InstallDate...
  9. storage Sense

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    storage Sense: If I set storage sense to clean every day? It doesn't seem to do anything Am I missing anything in my settings? or does it work only when you reach full capacity on the drive? thank you and stay safe 155349
  10. Storage sense

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Storage sense: Not able to turn on due to Administrator blocking it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/de41c85d-6ad8-4362-8c75-8176c32925de