Windows 10: "STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES

Discus and support "STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows deleted the entire contents of two different folders within the past month and those are only the ones of which I am aware! I just discovered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MyraWilson4, Mar 27, 2022.

1. "STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES

Windows deleted the entire contents of two different folders within the past month and those are only the ones of which I am aware! I just discovered that Windows 10 has a "Storage Sense" option where it will automatically delete files it thinks you do not need if the system thinks you need space! Evidently, this option was "On" in my system and I had no idea it was even an option! So in both incidents, I either had a file open or tried to open a file from my Pinned files in Excel and received a message that the file location could not be found or the link was missing! So, I go to the folde

:)

MyraWilson4, Mar 27, 2022

2. What did Windows Storage Sense delete?

Hi, Garth

You can not find what was deleted. The only precautious way is having this disabled.

Windows 10 should have Storage sense disabled by default, but you can check and turn off the feature as necessary using these steps:

1.Open Settings.

2.Click on System.

3.Click on Storage.

4.Turn off the Storage sense toggle switch.

Once you've completed the steps, the feature will stop running automatically on your device.

In the event that your device starts running out of space to perform an upgrade or store files, you can re-enable the feature and use these tips to free up space.

Good luck !

HiltonOishi, Mar 27, 2022
  3. Lumina 435 storage sense " other " file

Most of the times these are app/OS data that can't be removed. But please try these steps to see if there's any improvement-

1. Open settings>phone update. Do you have a pending system update? If so install it immediately.

2.Open storage sense and open phone memory. there is an option called temporary files. Open it and clear it.

3.Hold down the vol. down+ power buttons on your phone simultaneously until the phone vibrates and restarts.

4.Connect phone to PC and enable 'view hidden files' option in file explorer of your PC. Are there any hidden files? if so delete them.

For further queries, please post a screenshot of your storage sense app's phone memory section.

Stranger_Hanyo, Mar 27, 2022
  4. "STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES

Storage Sense configuration for deleting temporary files

hi

My name is Smith and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

try open Start > Settings > System > Storage >

Toggle on Storage sense

Click Change how we free up space

Toggle on Storage sense again if its not

Make sure Delete temporary files that my apps aren't using is checked

SmithErikson, Mar 27, 2022
Thema:

"STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES

1. "STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES - Similar Threads - STORAGE SENSE OPTION

2. Does storage sense delete personal files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does storage sense delete personal files?: I just wanna ask if it deleted personal files, recently, a bunch of files in my downloads folder had suddenly disappeared luckily the files weren't too important and I think it's because of storage sense. Is it better to turn it off and delete files manually or to use a...
  3. Does storage sense delete personal files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does storage sense delete personal files?: I just wanna ask if it deleted personal files, recently, a bunch of files in my downloads folder had suddenly disappeared luckily the files weren't too important and I think it's because of storage sense. Is it better to turn it off and delete files manually or to use a...
  4. "STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES: Windows deleted the entire contents of two different folders within the past month and those are only the ones of which I am aware! I just discovered that Windows 10 has a "Storage Sense" option where it will automatically delete files it thinks you do not need if the system...
  5. "STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES: Windows deleted the entire contents of two different folders within the past month and those are only the ones of which I am aware! I just discovered that Windows 10 has a "Storage Sense" option where it will automatically delete files it thinks you do not need if the system...
  6. Storage sense deleting files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Storage sense deleting files: I know I'm asking this question again but it is because I want more clarity. So, the problem is my c drive was almost full like 114.5/118 GB occupied and my recycle bin was empty. I deleted a zip file that I downloaded from google drive from downloads folder, it was of size...
  7. Storage sense deleting files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Storage sense deleting files: My c drive was almost full like only 4.5 GB was free and my recycle bin was empty then I deleted a downloaded zip file from downloads folder and later after some time saw that my recycle bin was empty. My storage sense was on would run when on low disk space and set to delete...
  8. Accidentally deleted a bunch of files with storage sense

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted a bunch of files with storage sense: So I wanted to make some space on my computer and let's just say I'm not much of a tech wiz. So I went onto my storage settings to see what was taking up the most space. It said that there was about 30GBs worth of Temp files in Downloads (which should've been a red flag) and...
  9. Storage sense automatically deleted my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage sense automatically deleted my files: Good Day, I had only only 1.7 GB of free space in my C drive. I was planning to free up space in the near future by checking and deleting those files I wouldn't need. To my surprise, I found today that my C drive showed 9.38 GB of free space. I didn't know...
  10. Storage Sense configuration for deleting temporary files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage Sense configuration for deleting temporary files: Storage Sense is doing its work silently and has an option to "Delete temporary files that my apps aren't using". What does that mean in more detail? Can it silently remove files from "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp"? If so, based on what conditions? Not opened for x...