Windows 10: Storage Sense Windows upgrade log files automatically: why?

Discus and support Storage Sense Windows upgrade log files automatically: why? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Storage Sense Windows upgrade log files checked to automatically be deleted. It states that Deleting these files can make it difficult to troubleshoot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MeAndMyComputer, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Storage Sense Windows upgrade log files automatically: why?

Storage Sense Windows upgrade log files checked to automatically be deleted.
    It states that Deleting these files can make it difficult to troubleshoot installation issues.
    Why does Microsoft have it checked to be deleted by default?

Storage Sense Windows upgrade log files automatically: why? [​IMG]

Dell Inspiron 580 Windows 10 Home version 2004 (OS Build 19041.329)
    --- It's been on there before version 2004, I just didn't ask about before.
    --- It doesn't take up much space to keep it.
    --- I do monthly system image backups so I would depend on that if I run into an issue.
    But I'm wondering why does Microsoft have it checked to be deleted by default.

:)

MeAndMyComputer, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Martmcd Win User

What is STORAGE SENSE?

Hi Taffy087

Storage sense automatically removes temporary files etc. when disk space is getting low.

1) yes, as space is getting low on the system disk, although at that stage it hadn't done anything it is turned off by default but was suggesting you turn it on.

2) it is new with windows 10, but if you were not low on space you may not have known about it. It will eventually replace the disk clean-up.

3) you can safely remove everything listed in storage sense.

windows.old contains details of the previous build and is only required if you opt to roll back within 10 days of installing a feature update - if you don't need to roll back or it has been more than 10 days, you can safely delete it.

some info on storage sense

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Storage-...

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-storage-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Martmcd, Jun 16, 2020
  3. What did Windows Storage Sense delete?

Hi, Garth

You can not find what was deleted. The only precautious way is having this disabled.

Windows 10 should have Storage sense disabled by default, but you can check and turn off the feature as necessary using these steps:

1.Open Settings.

2.Click on System.

3.Click on Storage.

4.Turn off the Storage sense toggle switch.

Once you've completed the steps, the feature will stop running automatically on your device.

In the event that your device starts running out of space to perform an upgrade or store files, you can re-enable the feature and use these tips to free up space.

Good luck !

HiltonOishi, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Storage Sense Windows upgrade log files automatically: why?

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Storage Sense Windows upgrade log files automatically: why?

1. Storage Sense Windows upgrade log files automatically: why? - Similar Threads - Storage Sense upgrade

2. Storage sense not automatically turning files to online-only?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage sense not automatically turning files to online-only?: I have storage sense on and have the option "content will become online only if not opened for more than 1 day." I already set up a sync for all my downloads and document folders to OneDrive. However, even after several days the file status in those folders is locally...
  3. Storage sense not automatically turning files to online-only?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage sense not automatically turning files to online-only?: I have storage sense on and have the option "content will become online only if not opened for more than 1 day." I already set up a sync for all my downloads and document folders to OneDrive. However, even after several days the file status in those folders is locally...
  4. Storage sense not automatically turning files to online-only?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Storage sense deleting files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Storage sense deleting files: I know I'm asking this question again but it is because I want more clarity. So, the problem is my c drive was almost full like 114.5/118 GB occupied and my recycle bin was empty. I deleted a zip file that I downloaded from google drive from downloads folder, it was of size...
  6. Storage sense deleting files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Storage sense deleting files: My c drive was almost full like only 4.5 GB was free and my recycle bin was empty then I deleted a downloaded zip file from downloads folder and later after some time saw that my recycle bin was empty. My storage sense was on would run when on low disk space and set to delete...
  7. Windows 10 Storage Sense evidence log file, event viewer

Windows 10 Storage Sense evidence log file, event viewer: Hello,I need an evidence or Log file that documented about storage sense are running, can someone explain me where i can found this record? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-storage-sense-evidence-log-file-event/985816b3-3999-47d4-9d65-0a305044a636
  8. Storage sense automatically deleted my files

Storage sense automatically deleted my files: Good Day, I had only only 1.7 GB of free space in my C drive. I was planning to free up space in the near future by checking and deleting those files I wouldn't need. To my surprise, I found today that my C drive showed 9.38 GB of free space. I didn't know...
  9. storage Sense

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    storage Sense: If I set storage sense to clean every day? It doesn't seem to do anything Am I missing anything in my settings? or does it work only when you reach full capacity on the drive? thank you and stay safe 155349
  10. Storage sense

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Storage sense: Not able to turn on due to Administrator blocking it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/de41c85d-6ad8-4362-8c75-8176c32925de