Windows 10: Storage Sense

Discus and support Storage Sense in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was getting ready to send MS a message about creating a storage usage App, and lo and behold there's storage sense. I don't know about anyone else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BillyBob, Nov 13, 2014.

1. BillyBob Win User

Storage Sense

I was getting ready to send MS a message about creating a storage usage App, and lo and behold there's storage sense. I don't know about anyone else but this is really great for me.
    Now I can easily see exactly what's taking up space without resorting to a 3rd part app.

:)

BillyBob, Nov 13, 2014

2. storage sense

Hi,

With regard to your concern about storage, please visit this link on how to manage storage on your phone and
    follow the instructions provided.

Let us know if your need further assistance.

Regards.

Dennis Zac, Nov 13, 2014
  3. storage sense

Hi Ratu,

For us to isolate a possible software issue, please answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Which operating system (OS) build are you using? To check, go to Settings
      > System > About > More info.
    • Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Dennis Zac, Nov 13, 2014
  4. Storage Sense

I'm making a mental note to myself to remind me to check it out later.
    It could be useful. *Smile

lehnerus2000, Nov 13, 2014
  5. adamf Win User
    It isn't very detailed - I still prefer tree size

adamf, Nov 13, 2014
  6. Agreed.
    It looks like a typical App (a feeble copy of a real program).

I normally use the "Explore Disk" tool in Glary Utilities, when I am search for "lost" disc space.

lehnerus2000, Nov 13, 2014
  7. strollin Win User
    It's better than nothing.

strollin, Nov 13, 2014
  8. BillyBob Win User

Storage Sense

It's good to see I'm not the only one that thinks that.

BillyBob, Nov 14, 2014
  9. BillyBob Win User
    Thank you Storage Sense you saved me from having to reinstall 9879.

BillyBob, Nov 16, 2014
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    Yes it is and it's another step in the right direction.
    Let's just hope that it's developed further.

Jeff
    PS, Thanks to the OP for pointing this out. *Smile

BunnyJ, Nov 16, 2014
  11. tinmar49 Win User
    I checked it out and found 6.9gb of other, not very helpful.

tinmar49, Nov 16, 2014
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    It does need work.. but it's a start. Give it time and we'll see if it's worth it or not.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 16, 2014
  13. badrobot Win User

Storage Sense

Storage Sense, Battery Saver, Data Sense, etc. Those features are first implemented on Windows Phones. So, those features are geared more towards mobile devices like windows tablets and laptops. Not so much for desktops.

Storage Sense [​IMG]

badrobot, Nov 16, 2014
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    Ok.. now that makes sense.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 16, 2014
  15. Edwin New Member
    Storage Sense has many alternative links to standard Windows features,
    example:

Storage Sense [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Storage Sense

1. Storage Sense - Similar Threads - Storage Sense

2. How to configure storage sense so that it doesn't delete unused cloud-backed content on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to configure storage sense so that it doesn't delete unused cloud-backed content on my...: Hi, I want to be able to configure storage sense on multiple computers but I don't want to have cloud backed up content to be deleted on my them. So if I have the local available cloud content to be configured to "Never", would it disregard removing unused cloud-backed...
  3. How to configure storage sense so that it doesn't delete unused cloud-backed content on my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to configure storage sense so that it doesn't delete unused cloud-backed content on my...: Hi, I want to be able to configure storage sense on multiple computers but I don't want to have cloud backed up content to be deleted on my them. So if I have the local available cloud content to be configured to "Never", would it disregard removing unused cloud-backed...
  4. Storage sense not working properly doesn't delete files from recycle bin that has been...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage sense not working properly doesn't delete files from recycle bin that has been...: I have configured my Storage sense to delete files from Recycle Bin if they have been there for 60 days or more. However, after one manual run where it deleted a measly 876 Mb out of a few terabytes, it now claims "We couldn't free up any more disk space", despite the fact...
  5. Storage sense not working properly doesn't delete files from recycle bin that has been...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage sense not working properly doesn't delete files from recycle bin that has been...: I have configured my Storage sense to delete files from Recycle Bin if they have been there for 60 days or more. However, after one manual run where it deleted a measly 876 Mb out of a few terabytes, it now claims "We couldn't free up any more disk space", despite the fact...
  6. Storage sense not working properly doesn't delete files from recycle bin that has been...

7. Storage Sense Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Sense Question: For the longest time I've been using CCleaner to clean up junk files and the like.One of the main reasons I was using CCleaner was the ease of saving cookies.Was wondering what the best way is to save cookies generated by Edge.James...
  8. Storage Sense Question

Storage Sense Question: For the longest time I've been using CCleaner to clean up junk files and the like.One of the main reasons I was using CCleaner was the ease of saving cookies.Was wondering what the best way is to save cookies generated by Edge.James...
  9. The Scheduled Task for Storage Sense exits with error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Scheduled Task for Storage Sense exits with error: Hello,I am trying to use Storage Sense on a Citrix server Windows Server 2022 to allow my users ot use Onedrive by cleaning the cache everyday.The issue I have at the moment is that the storage sense Scheduled Task seems to exit with an error "Non-registered class".I have...
  10. The Scheduled Task for Storage Sense exits with error

The Scheduled Task for Storage Sense exits with error: Hello,I am trying to use Storage Sense on a Citrix server Windows Server 2022 to allow my users ot use Onedrive by cleaning the cache everyday.The issue I have at the moment is that the storage sense Scheduled Task seems to exit with an error "Non-registered class".I have...