Windows 10: Storage Sense

Discus and support Storage Sense in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was getting ready to send MS a message about creating a storage usage App, and lo and behold there's storage sense. I don't know about anyone else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BillyBob, Nov 13, 2014.

1. BillyBob Win User

Storage Sense

I was getting ready to send MS a message about creating a storage usage App, and lo and behold there's storage sense. I don't know about anyone else but this is really great for me.
    Now I can easily see exactly what's taking up space without resorting to a 3rd part app.

:)

BillyBob, Nov 13, 2014

2. storage sense

Hi,

With regard to your concern about storage, please visit this link on how to manage storage on your phone and
    follow the instructions provided.

Let us know if your need further assistance.

Regards.

Dennis Zac, Nov 13, 2014
  3. storage sense

Hi Ratu,

For us to isolate a possible software issue, please answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Which operating system (OS) build are you using? To check, go to Settings
      > System > About > More info.
    • Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Dennis Zac, Nov 13, 2014
  4. Storage Sense

I'm making a mental note to myself to remind me to check it out later.
    It could be useful. *Smile

lehnerus2000, Nov 13, 2014
  5. adamf Win User
    It isn't very detailed - I still prefer tree size

adamf, Nov 13, 2014
  6. Agreed.
    It looks like a typical App (a feeble copy of a real program).

I normally use the "Explore Disk" tool in Glary Utilities, when I am search for "lost" disc space.

lehnerus2000, Nov 13, 2014
  7. strollin Win User
    It's better than nothing.

strollin, Nov 13, 2014
  8. BillyBob Win User

Storage Sense

It's good to see I'm not the only one that thinks that.

BillyBob, Nov 14, 2014
  9. BillyBob Win User
    Thank you Storage Sense you saved me from having to reinstall 9879.

BillyBob, Nov 16, 2014
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    Yes it is and it's another step in the right direction.
    Let's just hope that it's developed further.

Jeff
    PS, Thanks to the OP for pointing this out. *Smile

BunnyJ, Nov 16, 2014
  11. tinmar49 Win User
    I checked it out and found 6.9gb of other, not very helpful.

tinmar49, Nov 16, 2014
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    It does need work.. but it's a start. Give it time and we'll see if it's worth it or not.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 16, 2014
  13. badrobot Win User

Storage Sense

Storage Sense, Battery Saver, Data Sense, etc. Those features are first implemented on Windows Phones. So, those features are geared more towards mobile devices like windows tablets and laptops. Not so much for desktops.

Storage Sense [​IMG]

badrobot, Nov 16, 2014
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    Ok.. now that makes sense.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 16, 2014
  15. Edwin New Member
    Storage Sense has many alternative links to standard Windows features,
    example:

Storage Sense [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Storage Sense

1. Storage Sense - Similar Threads - Storage Sense

2. Windows 10 1903 - Storage Sense not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1903 - Storage Sense not working: Hello everyone We already applied GPO to client but storage sense is not working. [ATTACH] but items keep in Windows Update Cleanup..... [ATTACH] Thanks in advance for help!...
  3. Windows 10 Storage Sense does not clear Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Storage Sense does not clear Downloads folder: I want to delete my Downloads folder on a daily basis. Unfortunately Storage Sense does not do anything. I activated all relevant GPOs: [ATTACH] Taking a look into the Storage Sense settings everything is configured and looks fine: [ATTACH] I also took a look into the...
  4. Before storage sense

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Before storage sense: I used to use disc cleanup along with system files and remove everything including downloads.Now with storage sense I am reading not to clean downloads. Also I now read that only %temp%should be run not temp. Please help me get this straight. 148262
  5. Storage sense

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Storage sense: Not able to turn on due to Administrator blocking it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/de41c85d-6ad8-4362-8c75-8176c32925de
  6. Does Storage Sense Make any backups after deleting Files, how can i recover, i lost very...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does Storage Sense Make any backups after deleting Files, how can i recover, i lost very...: first of all i want to point to the fact that its 25 years that i using windows and even with the worse viruses, crashes, partition deletes, hdd fails etc in all this time none, i repeat none was a harmful like "storage sense" . did not even know storage sense existed till...
  7. Does Storage Sense Make any any backups after deleting Files, how can i recover, i lost...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does Storage Sense Make any any backups after deleting Files, how can i recover, i lost...: first of all i want to point to the fact that its 25 years that i using pc's and even with the worse viruses, crashes, partition deletes, hdd fails etc in all this time none, i repeat none was a harmful like "storage sense" . moreover i did not even know storage sense...
  8. configure storage sense or run it now: we cleaned up... GB of space in this past month

configure storage sense or run it now: we cleaned up... GB of space in this past month: hi Microsoft: I don't understand one thing. In configure storage sense or run it now, I had 7.99 GB of space freed up in the past month but just yesterday, it dropped down to 7.08 GB. How did it happen?...
  9. How to disable Storage Sense questions about locally available cloud content

How to disable Storage Sense questions about locally available cloud content: I have turned on Storage Sense with the purpose of cleaning up temporary folders and the Download folder. However, I do not want Storage Sense to delete locally available cloud content and thereby I configured the "Content will become online-only if not opened for more than:"...
  10. What is STORAGE SENSE?

What is STORAGE SENSE?: My Windows (C:) drive has 16.2 GB free of 117 GB. I have three questions (1) Is this why I've received this message: "We've set up Storage Sense for you". Expanding that takes me to Settings where I see the snips below. (2) I haven't heard of 'Storage Sense' before - is it...