Windows 10: Storage Sense

Discus and support Storage Sense in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When Storage Sense is set to run on a scheduled basis every month for example, what files are deleted?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HBen_, Jul 28, 2021.

1. HBen_ Win User

Storage Sense

When Storage Sense is set to run on a scheduled basis every month for example, what files are deleted?

:)

HBen_, Jul 28, 2021
  2. Martmcd Win User

What is STORAGE SENSE?

Hi Taffy087

Storage sense automatically removes temporary files etc. when disk space is getting low.

1) yes, as space is getting low on the system disk, although at that stage it hadn't done anything it is turned off by default but was suggesting you turn it on.

2) it is new with windows 10, but if you were not low on space you may not have known about it. It will eventually replace the disk clean-up.

3) you can safely remove everything listed in storage sense.

windows.old contains details of the previous build and is only required if you opt to roll back within 10 days of installing a feature update - if you don't need to roll back or it has been more than 10 days, you can safely delete it.

some info on storage sense

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Storage-...

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-storage-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Martmcd, Jul 28, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Storage Sense

Nice one Dude. Added to the list.

I am happy you made this, it has been on my ToDo list for ages but the real life has been messing with my plans preventing any time consuming hobbies like video making Storage Sense :)

4. TTwyman Win User

Storage Sense

Storage Sense

I was just wondering about storage sense. Me and my mum have the same phone HTC 8S but she has storage sense and I don't, I had the same problem with data sense, eventually that did appear. From this I know that I can get storage sense, so don't anyone tell
    me that I can't get it because I have been told that I should have it.

I was just wondering if storage sense was only available on windows 8.1 or available also on windows 8?

TTwyman, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Storage Sense

1. Storage Sense - Similar Threads - Storage Sense

2. Storage sense not working properly doesn't delete files from recycle bin that has been...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage sense not working properly doesn't delete files from recycle bin that has been...: I have configured my Storage sense to delete files from Recycle Bin if they have been there for 60 days or more. However, after one manual run where it deleted a measly 876 Mb out of a few terabytes, it now claims "We couldn't free up any more disk space", despite the fact...
  3. Storage sense not working properly doesn't delete files from recycle bin that has been...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage sense not working properly doesn't delete files from recycle bin that has been...: I have configured my Storage sense to delete files from Recycle Bin if they have been there for 60 days or more. However, after one manual run where it deleted a measly 876 Mb out of a few terabytes, it now claims "We couldn't free up any more disk space", despite the fact...
  4. Storage sense not working properly doesn't delete files from recycle bin that has been...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Storage Sense Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Sense Question: For the longest time I've been using CCleaner to clean up junk files and the like.One of the main reasons I was using CCleaner was the ease of saving cookies.Was wondering what the best way is to save cookies generated by Edge.James...
  6. Storage Sense Question

Storage Sense Question: For the longest time I've been using CCleaner to clean up junk files and the like.One of the main reasons I was using CCleaner was the ease of saving cookies.Was wondering what the best way is to save cookies generated by Edge.James...
  7. The Scheduled Task for Storage Sense exits with error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Scheduled Task for Storage Sense exits with error: Hello,I am trying to use Storage Sense on a Citrix server Windows Server 2022 to allow my users ot use Onedrive by cleaning the cache everyday.The issue I have at the moment is that the storage sense Scheduled Task seems to exit with an error "Non-registered class".I have...
  8. The Scheduled Task for Storage Sense exits with error

The Scheduled Task for Storage Sense exits with error: Hello,I am trying to use Storage Sense on a Citrix server Windows Server 2022 to allow my users ot use Onedrive by cleaning the cache everyday.The issue I have at the moment is that the storage sense Scheduled Task seems to exit with an error "Non-registered class".I have...
  9. Which value flags Storage Sense to set a file on-demand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which value flags Storage Sense to set a file on-demand: Good day! Within my company storage sense was enabled in order to increase the performance of our devices and to increase disk space for updates etc.However, we notice storage sense doesn't always set files to on-demand while they haven't been accessed within the 30 days...
  10. Which value flags Storage Sense to set a file on-demand

Which value flags Storage Sense to set a file on-demand: Good day! Within my company storage sense was enabled in order to increase the performance of our devices and to increase disk space for updates etc.However, we notice storage sense doesn't always set files to on-demand while they haven't been accessed within the 30 days...