Windows 10: Storage Sense

Discus and support Storage Sense in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When Storage Sense is set to run on a scheduled basis every month for example, what files are deleted?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HBen_, Jul 28, 2021.

1. HBen_ Win User

Storage Sense

When Storage Sense is set to run on a scheduled basis every month for example, what files are deleted?

:)

HBen_, Jul 28, 2021
  2. Martmcd Win User

What is STORAGE SENSE?

Hi Taffy087

Storage sense automatically removes temporary files etc. when disk space is getting low.

1) yes, as space is getting low on the system disk, although at that stage it hadn't done anything it is turned off by default but was suggesting you turn it on.

2) it is new with windows 10, but if you were not low on space you may not have known about it. It will eventually replace the disk clean-up.

3) you can safely remove everything listed in storage sense.

windows.old contains details of the previous build and is only required if you opt to roll back within 10 days of installing a feature update - if you don't need to roll back or it has been more than 10 days, you can safely delete it.

some info on storage sense

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Storage-...

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-storage-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Martmcd, Jul 28, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Storage Sense

Nice one Dude. Added to the list.

I am happy you made this, it has been on my ToDo list for ages but the real life has been messing with my plans preventing any time consuming hobbies like video making Storage Sense :)

4. TTwyman Win User

Storage Sense

Storage Sense

I was just wondering about storage sense. Me and my mum have the same phone HTC 8S but she has storage sense and I don't, I had the same problem with data sense, eventually that did appear. From this I know that I can get storage sense, so don't anyone tell
    me that I can't get it because I have been told that I should have it.

I was just wondering if storage sense was only available on windows 8.1 or available also on windows 8?

TTwyman, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Storage Sense

1. Storage Sense - Similar Threads - Storage Sense

2. Storage sense deleting files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Storage sense deleting files: I know I'm asking this question again but it is because I want more clarity. So, the problem is my c drive was almost full like 114.5/118 GB occupied and my recycle bin was empty. I deleted a zip file that I downloaded from google drive from downloads folder, it was of size...
  3. Storage sense deleting files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Storage sense deleting files: My c drive was almost full like only 4.5 GB was free and my recycle bin was empty then I deleted a downloaded zip file from downloads folder and later after some time saw that my recycle bin was empty. My storage sense was on would run when on low disk space and set to delete...
  4. Stop or Make Storage Sense delete files from Downloads folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Stop or Make Storage Sense delete files from Downloads folder in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In this article, we will talk about different ways to stop or make Storage Sense delete files from the Downloads folder in Windows 10. Storage Sense is the newer version of Disk Cleanup that is used to monitor, manage, and optimize disk storage space on Windows 10 PC....
  5. Windows 10 Storage Sense evidence log file, event viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Storage Sense evidence log file, event viewer: Hello,I need an evidence or Log file that documented about storage sense are running, can someone explain me where i can found this record? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-storage-sense-evidence-log-file-event/985816b3-3999-47d4-9d65-0a305044a636
  6. How to Disable Storage Sense in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Disable Storage Sense in Windows 10: Storage Sense is a native feature of Windows 10 that can help you gain disk space by removing temporary files, deleting files stored in Recycle Bin, etc. You can easily configure and use Storage Sense to free up space on your Windows 10 PC. For those who don’t use this...
  7. I need to free up storage space and I have tried to with storage sense but says it cannot...

I need to free up storage space and I have tried to with storage sense but says it cannot...: as above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-free-up-storage-space-and-i-have-tried/6eff840d-a696-4a20-a78d-f2d73beba769
  8. Disk cleanup issue: Temp file won't go to 0 unless I use storage sense

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk cleanup issue: Temp file won't go to 0 unless I use storage sense: But for some reason on my pc and laptop it won't lower the number on temp files when cleared much like the update logs in there. And Im not sure if this because I went into app data and typed in one note on there and deleted the file. And what the file was "cache" and it...
  9. How does the Storage Sense work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How does the Storage Sense work?: Hey, just reinstalled my Windows, doing some optimizations. I've activated Storage Sense for like 2p minutes, but I found out it is better to have it disabled. How fast does the Sense start deleting files? I have installed nothing on my PC so far. submitted by /u/dadybosma...
  10. Storage Sense

Storage Sense: When I have storage sense free up space it works initially. However it would seem to me that onedrive then resyncs the files I just removed back to my local harddrive. I have repeated this at least 3 times. Is this a known bug? Is there a way to correct it?...