Windows 10: Storage Service Causing High CPU usage

Discus and support Storage Service Causing High CPU usage in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; We have implemented a VMware VDI system. We are running Windows 10 version 21H1 with the latest updates.We are having machines lock up and the CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cory_Froelich, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Storage Service Causing High CPU usage

We have implemented a VMware VDI system. We are running Windows 10 version 21H1 with the latest updates.We are having machines lock up and the CPU usage goes to 100%When we open Task manager, the service is : Service Host Local service Network Restricted.Once expanded it states: Storage Service.This is crippling classes and not allowing students to run Excel or anything else when this state is reached.I need to know what is causing this to occur and how to stop it.Note: We have already tried turning off Superfetch. We also did SFC scans. This did nothing to fix the problem.

:)

Cory_Froelich, Feb 11, 2022
  2. zinou Win User

Service Host Causing High CPU

Hi,

I suggest you use Process Explorer of Sysinternals tool to identify the service causing this High CPU usage:

Storage Service Causing High CPU usage [​IMG]

zinou, Feb 11, 2022
  3. WIN10 1703 update cause Explorer.exe high CPU usage

Hi,

Glad you reached out. First, we would like to know if Explorer.exe
    is the only cause of high CPU usage. Because the common cause of high CPU usage are the following:

- Windows 10 Memory leak after the update.

- Driver incompatibilities after the update.

- Multiple startup applications

We'll be waiting for your update.

Richard tie, Feb 11, 2022
  4. Storage Service Causing High CPU usage

CertPropSvc causes high CPU usage

Hello,

a couple of weeks ago I noticed that my computer started to slow down due to high CPU usage.

After some research I figured out that this is caused by a service called
    CertPropSvc
    (Microsoft Smartcard Certificate Propagation Service).

If I manually stop the service everything is back to normal but as soon as I start
    CertPropSvc the CPU usage rises to 60% again.

• Is this a known issue or should I worry about my computer?
    • How can I make sure that the configuration of this service and the corresponding files weren't manipulated?
    • Which drawbacks can I expect if I just set the startup type to 'disabled'?

Please let me know if there is a way to fix this problem.

In case it is important: right now I've installed Windows 10 Pro (version 1803, build 17134.165).

Thank you very much in advance!

randomly-selected-name, Feb 11, 2022
Thema:

Storage Service Causing High CPU usage

1. Storage Service Causing High CPU usage - Similar Threads - Storage Service Causing

2. Storage Service Causing High CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Service Causing High CPU usage: We have implemented a VMware VDI system. We are running Windows 10 version 21H1 with the latest updates.We are having machines lock up and the CPU usage goes to 100%When we open Task manager, the service is : Service Host Local service Network Restricted.Once expanded it...
  3. Storage Service Causing High CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Storage Service Causing High CPU usage: We have implemented a VMware VDI system. We are running Windows 10 version 21H1 with the latest updates.We are having machines lock up and the CPU usage goes to 100%When we open Task manager, the service is : Service Host Local service Network Restricted.Once expanded it...
  4. CxUiUSvc Service high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CxUiUSvc Service high CPU usage: Yo my problem right now is this process called "CxUiUSvc Service" is taking up way too much CPU usage . I don't know what it is or what it does that's why im asking here and how do i like stop it. If anyone is wondering, my Windows 10 version is "21H2" I recently just updated...
  5. CxUiUSvc Service high CPU usage

CxUiUSvc Service high CPU usage: Yo my problem right now is this process called "CxUiUSvc Service" is taking up way too much CPU usage . I don't know what it is or what it does that's why im asking here and how do i like stop it. If anyone is wondering, my Windows 10 version is "21H2" I recently just updated...
  6. High CPU Usage Caused by TiWorker.exe

High CPU Usage Caused by TiWorker.exe: There's an unusual process called TiWorker.exe. Previous posts say that this is a Windows Update process, but this process runs for hours and heavily uses my CPU 50-70%. How can I delete it entirely or at least disable it permanently?...
  7. acpi.sys causing high cpu usage

acpi.sys causing high cpu usage: can someone look at this file i made using windows performance recorder and tell me what is causing the high cpu usage? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mXp-vD0NaPsi6IF3F0vk6k_nRfOM1n0Y/view?usp=sharing...
  8. Microsoft.Photos.exe causes high cpu usage!

Microsoft.Photos.exe causes high cpu usage!: Whenever my computer is idle (and sometimes when I'm using it) this app starts up and sucks 100% of my CPU and heats up my computer. I noticed several posts from 2016 of people reporting this and I guess it was supposed to be fixed but I guess it hasn't. How to I fix this...
  9. CertPropSvc causes high CPU usage

CertPropSvc causes high CPU usage: Hello, a couple of weeks ago I noticed that my computer started to slow down due to high CPU usage. After some research I figured out that this is caused by a service called CertPropSvc (Microsoft Smartcard Certificate Propagation Service). If I manually stop the...
  10. Fix high cpu usage caused by diagnostic policy service

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fix high cpu usage caused by diagnostic policy service: Hello, as mentioned in another thread reply I found a solution by someone for this common problem with high cpu usage by a windows service. In the folder "C:\Windows\system32\sru" are constantly created log files and the directory becomes very large over time. Then I stopped...