Windows 10: Storage Service Crashes PC on Boot

Discus and support Storage Service Crashes PC on Boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Whenever I update windows, the storage service breaks- causing the computer to boot to a black screen where the taskbar flashes. Aside from disabling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Slupwunks, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Slupwunks Win User

Storage Service Crashes PC on Boot

Whenever I update windows, the storage service breaks- causing the computer to boot to a black screen where the taskbar flashes. Aside from disabling the storage service msconfig, services and rebooting- the only solution was to reinstall windows again. Having done this, updating windows has now caused the same issue.

This feels like a massive waste of my time, and it would appear no one else has documented the issue. I'm rolling back updates, which did not work last time, and am probably going to have to reinstall windows, except this time I'm not going to bother updating again, as it'll just break my PC. What a farce.

For reference, I have:

• uninstalled updates
    • scanned my hard drives using SFC to no avail
    • reset my pc

none of these worked. The temporary solution is to disable storage service under msconfig, and the long term solution is to wipe the hard drive and reinstall from scratch, and stop installing updates.

I'm leaving this here for posterity, so that if anyone else has this issue they can see the solution. this is an incredibly frustrating problem, and disabling storage service disables so many features that it's a bad solution.

:)

Slupwunks, Jan 14, 2021

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jan 14, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Storage Service Crashes PC on Boot - Similar Threads - Storage Service Crashes

2. Pc crashes on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc crashes on boot: I have just installed a brand new AIO for me pcCorsair 100x elite but now every time I boot my pc it crashes. I have no clue how to fix this or if I have done something wrong in the installation of my AIO. My pcs full specs areCPU: intel core i7 12700kMotherboard: MSI MAG...
  3. Pc crashes on boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc crashes on boot: I have just installed a brand new AIO for me pcCorsair 100x elite but now every time I boot my pc it crashes. I have no clue how to fix this or if I have done something wrong in the installation of my AIO. My pcs full specs areCPU: intel core i7 12700kMotherboard: MSI MAG...
  4. Pc crashes on boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Storage Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Service: When starting my computer, it takes longer to boot up and sign in. The taskbar shows no icons and the windows button does not work. Restarting explorer.exe sometimes resolves the issue. After sifting through the Microsoft services, I determined that the "Storage Service" is...
  6. Storage Service

Storage Service: When starting my computer, it takes longer to boot up and sign in. The taskbar shows no icons and the windows button does not work. Restarting explorer.exe sometimes resolves the issue. After sifting through the Microsoft services, I determined that the "Storage Service" is...
  7. IntelR Rapid Storage Technology Management Service Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IntelR Rapid Storage Technology Management Service Crashing: I'm running windows 11 on a HP Laptop equipped with a SSD with Optane Memory. For quite some time now, weeks or maybe even months at this point, my laptop has been crashing at random; blue error screen and all. It is happening on nearly a daily basis. I've gone through all...
  8. IntelR Rapid Storage Technology Management Service Crashing

IntelR Rapid Storage Technology Management Service Crashing: I'm running windows 11 on a HP Laptop equipped with a SSD with Optane Memory. For quite some time now, weeks or maybe even months at this point, my laptop has been crashing at random; blue error screen and all. It is happening on nearly a daily basis. I've gone through all...
  9. Storage Service

Storage Service: I encountered an issue with storage service causing everything to flash at startup. The taskbar flashes and the desktop is black. This is not a monitor issue because when I open task manager it doesn't flash. I found the fix by disabling the services one by one until my...
  10. Administrator Storage Service

Administrator Storage Service: Administrator ha disabled the Storage Service on this system. How can this be rectified? The reply button is not functioning and that replies are received under Junk, making it impossible to make any further contact....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 storage service endlessly stopping

2. storage service windows 10 flicker