Windows 10: Storage Service

Discus and support Storage Service in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I encountered an issue with storage service causing everything to flash at startup. The taskbar flashes and the desktop is black. This is not a monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kevcardenas99, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Storage Service

I encountered an issue with storage service causing everything to flash at startup. The taskbar flashes and the desktop is black. This is not a monitor issue because when I open task manager it doesn't flash. I found the fix by disabling the services one by one until my computer was once again functional. I want to know how important the "Storage Service" service is, as I currently have it disabled and am not sure if there is any other setting I can put it on if necessary.

:)

kevcardenas99, Dec 24, 2020
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Intel RST Services

Hi,

In a Windows computer, if a service is not running you can manually start a service. For us to assist you, we recommend that you follow the steps listed below to start the service:

• On the search field, type Services and then press Enter.
    • Locate Intel Rapid storage technology service.
    • Right click on Intel Rapid storage technology service and then press
      Start.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Storage Service

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Storage Service

1. Storage Service - Similar Threads - Storage Service

2. I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service: Hello, I am using an old computer at home as a NAS server and I want to share some files on this server from any computer or network. Normally for this I can use my dynamic IP address on the internet and publish via HTTP on port 80 BUT! It is very difficult to do this in...
  3. I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service: Hello, I am using an old computer at home as a NAS server and I want to share some files on this server from any computer or network. Normally for this I can use my dynamic IP address on the internet and publish via HTTP on port 80 BUT! It is very difficult to do this in...
  4. I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 'Storage Service' - the windows service, what exactly does it do? Thanks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Storage Service' - the windows service, what exactly does it do? Thanks.: "Provides enabling services for storage settings and external storage expansion" "StorSvc" I can't find much details on this, its generic name makes searching the internet especially harder. It would be nice to know more on the specifics behind its job with storage. Thank...
  6. 'Storage Service' - the windows service, what exactly does it do? Thanks.

'Storage Service' - the windows service, what exactly does it do? Thanks.: "Provides enabling services for storage settings and external storage expansion" "StorSvc" I can't find much details on this, its generic name makes searching the internet especially harder. It would be nice to know more on the specifics behind its job with storage. Thank...
  7. 'Storage Service' - the windows service, what exactly does it do? Thanks.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Storage Service using high resources on Server 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Service using high resources on Server 2022: We recently rolled out a new RDS server on Windows Server 2022 and the Storage Service has been taking insane amounts of resources. Has anyone seen this and been able to fix it?...
  9. Storage Service using high resources on Server 2022

Storage Service using high resources on Server 2022: We recently rolled out a new RDS server on Windows Server 2022 and the Storage Service has been taking insane amounts of resources. Has anyone seen this and been able to fix it?...
  10. Event 7034 ,The IntelR Storage Middleware Service service terminated unexpectedly. How can...

Event 7034 ,The IntelR Storage Middleware Service service terminated unexpectedly. How can...: Event 7034 ,The IntelR Storage Middleware Service service terminated unexpectedly. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-7034-the-intelr-storage-middleware-service/09e1114d-0379-4c77-9dd4-7cedd5273652

Users found this page by searching for:

1. an administrator has disabled the storage service on this system reddit