Windows 10: Storage setting crashes

Discus and support Storage setting crashes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time i go into settings, storage and click my M.2 it crashes. My other drives are fine it only happens when i try to use the M.2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Matthew2031, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Storage setting crashes

Every time i go into settings, storage and click my M.2 it crashes. My other drives are fine it only happens when i try to use the M.2

:)

Matthew2031, Aug 22, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 22, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 22, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

Storage setting crashes

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Thema:

Storage setting crashes

1. Storage setting crashes - Similar Threads - Storage setting crashes

2. Settings crashes when viewing storage on other drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Settings crashes when viewing storage on other drive: I have recently installed a new 1T NVME drive on my computer X drive. I also have an existing C drive and Z drive, both of which are NVME. Prior to adding the new X drive via storage settings > manage storage spaces, I could view the available storage on both the C and Z...
  3. Storage setting crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage setting crashes: Every time i go into settings, storage and click my M.2 it crashes. My other drives are fine it only happens when i try to use the M.2. Ive tried running a system repair and cleaner program but it says everything is fine. I can access the games downloaded on this storage...
  4. Setting up Windows 10 Storage Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up Windows 10 Storage Settings: I've been a Mac user ever since I can remember, but my fiance and I just got a new Alienware system and have Windows 10 installed. We have a terabyte of storage space on a "Data D:" drive, but for some reason, we can only get things to save into the 300 GB "OS C:" drive. I've...
  5. Windows 10 settings crashes and closes when scanning temporary files in the storage settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 settings crashes and closes when scanning temporary files in the storage settings: Hi, I am trying to clear space on my surface pro. When I am in settings > storage > temporary files it scans for a few seconds then closes. The preliminary results shows many gigs of data from "previous windows installations" and more I would like to clean but I can't because...
  6. Storage settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage settings: Hello! I've been trying to see how much Storage I have left, but it won't stop loading. Also my Storage Sense isnt working either. It wont I can't turn it on, nor do a manual run. Please help...
  7. Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?: Left click This PC and Temporary files show 3.77GB. When I left click Temporary files to remove the 3.77GB it populates and shows only approx. 20MB of files that can be removed. Where are the rest of the 3.7xGB of temporary files located that are indicated can be removed and...
  8. Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?: Left click This PC and Temporary files show 3.77GB. When I left click Temporary files to remove the 3.77GB it populates and shows only approx. 20MB of files that can be removed. Where are the rest of the 3.7xGB of temporary files located that are indicated can be removed and...
  9. storage setting in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    storage setting in windows 10: hi the setting app shows way more storage used than actually used says used 296 out of 580 when its only using 16 gb is there a way to reset it thx 17347
  10. Storage Settings Broken

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage Settings Broken: I just got a new laptop a few days ago, and I am loving it. It came with a 125gb SSD, and a 1TB hard drive as well. I decided from the get-go I wanted all my applications on my SSD for speed, and all of my documents and music and videos on my hard drive to save space on my...