Windows 10: Storage settings not showing all files

Discus and support Storage settings not showing all files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The storage settings show I have 15 GB in temporary files, [ATTACH] however when I click on this it doesn't show what is taking up all that space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by verycooldoggo, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Storage settings not showing all files

The storage settings show I have 15 GB in temporary files,

Storage settings not showing all files 909aa323-c408-4983-85ab-cd1a1af50f11?upload=true.jpg

however when I click on this it doesn't show what is taking up all that space

Storage settings not showing all files 5ea46031-7024-44eb-b98b-dff7c6c42a7e?upload=true.jpg

The same goes for apps, it says I have 50 GB of apps but the only big apps I have are Photoshop and a few other Adobe products, and all the others that it shows me are very small files so I have no idea what's taking up all that space. How can I figure out what temporary files/ apps I need to delete?

EDIT: the apps that weren't showing up were steam games, but I still need help with the temporary files.

:)

verycooldoggo, Nov 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 - settings - storage usage - other?

Hi Steve,

It's possible that some folders are not showing under the Storage usage >
    Others since they are hidden. Though they are hidden, the space that they are taking will still be counted under
    Storage usage > Others. You'll have to identify what files and folder are hidden with the steps below:

• Type hidden in Cortana, the Windows search bar or your task bar.
    • Select Show hidden files and folders from the result.
    • Go to View tab.
    • Enable the Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
    • Hit Apply, then click OK.

Once you're done with these steps, try checking the Storage usage again and see if it will match.

Let us know if it addressed your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Nov 16, 2020
  3. steam games won't show up in program files(x86)

Hi,

We suggest that you check if the folder is hidden by following these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select
      OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Nov 16, 2020
  4. ChriDo Win User

Storage settings not showing all files

External Hard Drive not showing under Settings > Storage

An external hard drive is not shown in Windows 10 Pro > Settings > System > Storage. It can also not be selected to save new content on it (Storage > More storage settings > Change where new content is saved.

The hard drive does show up in the disk manger, file explorer and even as Backup (Settings > Update & security > Backup).

Unsuccessful attempts to fix:

Info:

• System: Windows 10 Pro
    • Version: 1703 (Build 15063.877)
    • Hard Drive: WD Elements 2TB, USB 3.0
    • Format: NTFS, ReFS, FAT32 (tried all)

ChriDo, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Storage settings not showing all files

1. Storage settings not showing all files - Similar Threads - Storage settings showing

2. Switch all file storage to onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Switch all file storage to onedrive: I'm thinking of moving all our companies files onto onedrive, instead of storing them in a in-house server.Is there a way to :+ Make a common folder/drive which all employees can access with more than 1TB? + Make this folder accessible with file explorer, from our windows...
  3. Switch all file storage to onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch all file storage to onedrive: I'm thinking of moving all our companies files onto onedrive, instead of storing them in a in-house server.Is there a way to :+ Make a common folder/drive which all employees can access with more than 1TB? + Make this folder accessible with file explorer, from our windows...
  4. What is the WAY around this ? Storage Settings Temporary Files Not Showing

What is the WAY around this ? Storage Settings Temporary Files Not Showing: I see that others have a similar issue. Temporary file for months now has been showing this but when i click on it, nothing is there. How do i go about this ?...
  5. What is the WAY around this ? Storage Settings Temporary Files Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the WAY around this ? Storage Settings Temporary Files Not Showing: I see that others have a similar issue. Temporary file for months now has been showing this but when i click on it, nothing is there. How do i go about this ?...
  6. What is the WAY around this ? Storage Settings Temporary Files Not Showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Storage Setting shows Wrong Information

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Storage Setting shows Wrong Information: Hi I am user windows 10.I have a lenovo ideapad i7Recently I encountered an problem that is So Irritating.In this screenshot the drive is corrupted and I dont know how to fix it. Well, I have 180 space free why it is full, and I can't access to administrative parts and can't...
  8. File sizes not showing in settings storage.

File sizes not showing in settings storage.: I am going through my storage to see whats taking up all the room so I can delete some stuff and I keep coming across games that don't have a size next to them. Most of these are from games on Steam and they used to show how much space they took up. Is this a serious issue or...
  9. Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?: Left click This PC and Temporary files show 3.77GB. When I left click Temporary files to remove the 3.77GB it populates and shows only approx. 20MB of files that can be removed. Where are the rest of the 3.7xGB of temporary files located that are indicated can be removed and...
  10. Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?: Left click This PC and Temporary files show 3.77GB. When I left click Temporary files to remove the 3.77GB it populates and shows only approx. 20MB of files that can be removed. Where are the rest of the 3.7xGB of temporary files located that are indicated can be removed and...