Windows 10: Storage settings windows 10 showing more storage used than there actually is

Discus and support Storage settings windows 10 showing more storage used than there actually is in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I keep having issues where my storage is too low in my c drive. I have cleared out some things to give me about 20 GB in my c drive. The issue lies... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Atomic Sushi, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Storage settings windows 10 showing more storage used than there actually is

I keep having issues where my storage is too low in my c drive. I have cleared out some things to give me about 20 GB in my c drive. The issue lies with my apps and features showing to have 39.1 GB when I don't have nearly as much added up when I click on it. When I click on it I have about 2.6 GB when I added up all the apps and features together. Does anyone know why I have almost 40 GB being taken up when I'm only using 2.6? Storage settings windows 10 showing more storage used than there actually is 43fd346a-91fe-4219-bc4a-63ac024c40b9?upload=true.png Storage settings windows 10 showing more storage used than there actually is d0d5418a-f12e-46e0-9047-0c5d94246611?upload=true.png

:)

Atomic Sushi, Apr 20, 2021
  2. Geosammy Win User

Show storage space in This PC

Thanks for this suggestion.
    Resetting the folder view options to default didn't bring up the storage bars for any of my drives.
    No matter what view I set it as, the storage bare still doesn't show. Even after setting the folder view options to default.
    Storage settings windows 10 showing more storage used than there actually is [​IMG]

Geosammy, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - settings - storage usage - other?

Hi Steve,

It's possible that some folders are not showing under the Storage usage >
    Others since they are hidden. Though they are hidden, the space that they are taking will still be counted under
    Storage usage > Others. You'll have to identify what files and folder are hidden with the steps below:

• Type hidden in Cortana, the Windows search bar or your task bar.
    • Select Show hidden files and folders from the result.
    • Go to View tab.
    • Enable the Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
    • Hit Apply, then click OK.

Once you're done with these steps, try checking the Storage usage again and see if it will match.

Let us know if it addressed your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Storage settings windows 10 showing more storage used than there actually is

Windows 10 displays more App storage than actual!!

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 in Asus E200HA which comes with only 32GB EMMC memory.

The Storage Setting displays 1.58GB of installed Apps & Games, but the list shows only 32 apps (including the drivers) which sums
    350MB max.

Kindly guide me how can I free my valuable storage.

Thanks in advance.

ArunabhaRoy, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Storage settings windows 10 showing more storage used than there actually is

1. Storage settings windows 10 showing more storage used than there actually is - Similar Threads - Storage settings showing

2. Windows showing I use way more storage than it actually does

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows showing I use way more storage than it actually does: Apps & features take up 114 GB of storage, despite counting manually only added up to around 33 GBAdding manually in MB:12,300...
  3. Windows showing I use way more storage than it actually does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows showing I use way more storage than it actually does: Apps & features take up 114 GB of storage, despite counting manually only added up to around 33 GBAdding manually in MB:12,300...
  4. Windows showing I use way more storage than it actually does

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my storage show more used gb than I actually am using?

Why does my storage show more used gb than I actually am using?: Recently I bought a new laptop. I checked the storage first once I got it. The local disk shows that 40 or so gb is already used. I have checked all the applications and files and it doesn't add up....
  6. Storage Spaces says it uses 11TB more than it actually does.

Storage Spaces says it uses 11TB more than it actually does.: I am currently moving data off storage spaces onto another drive because of the 63TB limit and I cannot remove the drive because it says it's still using that amount of space. It says it's using 44.4TB but both WizTree and Explorer add up to 33.3TBhttps://imgur.com/JaiXl1E...
  7. Storage Spaces says it uses 11TB more than it actually does.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces says it uses 11TB more than it actually does.: I am currently moving data off storage spaces onto another drive because of the 63TB limit and I cannot remove the drive because it says it's still using that amount of space. It says it's using 44.4TB but both WizTree and Explorer add up to 33.3TBhttps://imgur.com/JaiXl1E...
  8. Storage Spaces says it uses 11TB more than it actually does.

9. Storage spaces showing more used than actual

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Storage spaces showing more used than actual: I am working on tearing down my storage space because it wouldn't allow me to add more drives. Currently I have removed files from it yet it still shows full capacity. SS says using 55.8 TB file explorer shows only 44.2 TB used. How do I resolve this? submitted by...
  10. Storage shows more space than it actually has

Storage shows more space than it actually has: My Windows 10 partition C: actually has 49.2GB and the Recovery 1.26GB, so together 50.46GB. But, the Storage says, it has 233GB and 224GB as used. I've no idea, from where Storage gets such info. Does anyone know, how to correct this? Thanks!...