Windows 10: Storage shows bigger SSD than i actually have

Discus and support Storage shows bigger SSD than i actually have in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All,First time poster. I just went in to check storage on my laptop. I have a 512GB SSD but "storage" in settings shows 953GB.. I use ondrive 1TB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by smors83, May 4, 2021.

1. smors83 Win User

Storage shows bigger SSD than i actually have

Hi All,First time poster. I just went in to check storage on my laptop. I have a 512GB SSD but "storage" in settings shows 953GB.. I use ondrive 1TB and Google Drive 100GB. If I right click and look at the c drive properties in file explorer it shows the correct stats. Any ideas on how to fix this?

:)

smors83, May 4, 2021
  2. techguy31 Win User

64Gb SSD for OS or 2Tb HDD for storage ?!

I suggest that you get the 2tb for storage. SSDs are only useful if you want to boot things fast like OS and programs. I actually suggest you get both if you have that many movies.

techguy31, May 4, 2021
  3. Boris5524 Win User
    Storage on SSD

I have a 227GB SSD which is showing a nearly full.

When I run Storage Sense it says that Apps and Features is 97.2GB but when I go into it, there are only 2 apps bigger than 1GB and the total in no way reaches 97.2 GB.

What is taking up all the space on my hard drive?

Many thanks in advance.

Boris5524, May 4, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

SSD storage keeps filling up on its own

Hi Ash,

There's a possibility that the files are just hidden. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps below on how to display hidden files that's eating space of your SSD:

• On the Search bar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives,
      and then select OK.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Storage shows bigger SSD than i actually have - Similar Threads - Storage shows bigger

2. Windows showing I use way more storage than it actually does

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows showing I use way more storage than it actually does: Apps & features take up 114 GB of storage, despite counting manually only added up to around 33 GBAdding manually in MB:12,300...
  3. Windows showing I use way more storage than it actually does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows showing I use way more storage than it actually does: Apps & features take up 114 GB of storage, despite counting manually only added up to around 33 GBAdding manually in MB:12,300...
  4. Windows showing I use way more storage than it actually does

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After AOMEI recovery, windows shows much less storage capacity than I actually have.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After AOMEI recovery, windows shows much less storage capacity than I actually have.: I installed a new 1TB SSD on my laptop. Windows confirmed that I had a 1 TB SSD that was almost empty. Then, I restored the system from my old SSD, using an AOMEI backup. Now, Windows tells me that I have a 256 GB SSD that's almost full. I don't see a partition in the file...
  6. After AOMEI recovery, windows shows much less storage capacity than I actually have.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After AOMEI recovery, windows shows much less storage capacity than I actually have.: I installed a new 1TB SSD on my laptop. Windows confirmed that I had a 1 TB SSD that was almost empty. Then, I restored the system from my old SSD, using an AOMEI backup. Now, Windows tells me that I have a 256 GB SSD that's almost full. I don't see a partition in the file...
  7. Storage showing as double the actual SSD size

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage showing as double the actual SSD size: Running Windows 10 Home 20H2 (Build 19042.964) on an AMD based Windows Surface Laptop 4 with 512GB SSD. Even though it has a 512GB SDD as confirmed by both disk management and file explorer, settings -> system -> Storage reports the size as 951GB! I have searched but...
  8. Storage settings windows 10 showing more storage used than there actually is

Storage settings windows 10 showing more storage used than there actually is: I keep having issues where my storage is too low in my c drive. I have cleared out some things to give me about 20 GB in my c drive. The issue lies with my apps and features showing to have 39.1 GB when I don't have nearly as much added up when I click on it. When I click on...
  9. Storage spaces showing more used than actual

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Storage spaces showing more used than actual: I am working on tearing down my storage space because it wouldn't allow me to add more drives. Currently I have removed files from it yet it still shows full capacity. SS says using 55.8 TB file explorer shows only 44.2 TB used. How do I resolve this? submitted by...
  10. Storage shows more space than it actually has

Storage shows more space than it actually has: My Windows 10 partition C: actually has 49.2GB and the Recovery 1.26GB, so together 50.46GB. But, the Storage says, it has 233GB and 224GB as used. I've no idea, from where Storage gets such info. Does anyone know, how to correct this? Thanks!...