Windows 10: Storage size of Windows 10 Desktop

Discus and support Storage size of Windows 10 Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, question of a buddy : why cannot I copy a 260 Gb file to the desktop ? In my understanding there is no point in copying a file to the desktop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rensel, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Rensel Win User

Storage size of Windows 10 Desktop

Hello,

question of a buddy : why cannot I copy a 260 Gb file to the desktop ?

In my understanding there is no point in copying a file to the desktop, why would someone want this ...

:)

Rensel, Jul 7, 2019
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Windows 10 How to set a window size on desktop

Hi Bairn_966,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally, the Windows of the any program or the file Explorer will open in the same size as it was closed last time. However, I suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

1. Resize to the size of the application you want.
    2. Press the shift key and keep it pressed, then click on X or close window with mouse while the key is still pressed.
    3. Restart the System and check if that works.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 7, 2019
  4. Storage size of Windows 10 Desktop

Font size on windows 10 desktop displays

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to increase the desktop icons' size.

You can change the desktop icons' size by just pressing and holding the Ctrl key and scrolling up/down on your mouse.

To increase the size of text, apps and other item, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click on System and Display tab.
    • Under Change size of text, apps and other items, move the size bar towards right side to increase the size.

Hope this helps you. Let us know if you need further assistance. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

Storage size of Windows 10 Desktop

1. Storage size of Windows 10 Desktop - Similar Threads - Storage size Desktop

2. Desktop icon size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon size: Something I did changed the size of my desktop icons, made them larger. Even though I go into "View" and change the icons to the smallest, they are still bigger than they were originally. What do I do other than in the View setting can I bring them back to the smaller...
  3. Windows 10 How to set a window size on desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 How to set a window size on desktop: Having diffificulty in setting size of window to open at each power up. Procedure please. to enable window open the same size. [ set size ] but opens [ at this size ]....
  4. File sizes not showing in settings storage.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sizes not showing in settings storage.: I am going through my storage to see whats taking up all the room so I can delete some stuff and I keep coming across games that don't have a size next to them. Most of these are from games on Steam and they used to show how much space they took up. Is this a serious issue or...
  5. Windows 10 Storage glitch shows incorrect storage size numbers on fresh install.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Storage glitch shows incorrect storage size numbers on fresh install.: I have been reading many post about this and I also chatted with Microsoft techs. They had to manually go in and clear folders to clear space. Many times I was reading that it was due to corrupt files but I just did a fresh install and there are no corrupt files. Microsoft...
  6. desktop font size

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop font size: How can I increase the desktop font size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-font-size/8b9d2e07-fe6c-42e0-ba44-6cdf98e7f655
  7. Change Size of Desktop Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Size of Desktop Icons in Windows 10: One more more method I learned from @Edwin is, make sure you click your mouse cursor on the desktop and press and hold Shift + CTRL then press a number key,1 thru 6(on top of keyboard, not from the number pad): My favorite, because you can add columns, by right clicking the...
  8. Change Maximum Storage Size for Recycle Bin in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Maximum Storage Size for Recycle Bin in Windows 10: Any way to set it to minimum via registry .bat/.reg? 32948
  9. Change System Protection Max Storage Size for Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change System Protection Max Storage Size for Drive in Windows 10: Is there a way to set it as zero B/MB/GB or 0% for all drives at once like vssadmin delete shadows /all /quiet? If not it might be a good idea to make a batch file to loop through all drives to do so... ) 33460
  10. Size desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Size desktop Icons: How can I reduce or increase size of icons on desktop. 35203