Windows 10: Storage size of Windows 10 Desktop

Discus and support Storage size of Windows 10 Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, question of a buddy : why cannot I copy a 260 Gb file to the desktop ? In my understanding there is no point in copying a file to the desktop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rensel, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Rensel Win User

Storage size of Windows 10 Desktop

Hello,

question of a buddy : why cannot I copy a 260 Gb file to the desktop ?

In my understanding there is no point in copying a file to the desktop, why would someone want this ...

:)

Rensel, Jul 7, 2019
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Windows 10 How to set a window size on desktop

Hi Bairn_966,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally, the Windows of the any program or the file Explorer will open in the same size as it was closed last time. However, I suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

1. Resize to the size of the application you want.
    2. Press the shift key and keep it pressed, then click on X or close window with mouse while the key is still pressed.
    3. Restart the System and check if that works.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 7, 2019
  4. Storage size of Windows 10 Desktop

Font size on windows 10 desktop displays

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to increase the desktop icons' size.

You can change the desktop icons' size by just pressing and holding the Ctrl key and scrolling up/down on your mouse.

To increase the size of text, apps and other item, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click on System and Display tab.
    • Under Change size of text, apps and other items, move the size bar towards right side to increase the size.

Hope this helps you. Let us know if you need further assistance. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

Storage size of Windows 10 Desktop

1. Storage size of Windows 10 Desktop - Similar Threads - Storage size Desktop

2. Storage Size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Size: My storage space only has a total of 120 GB. Does my computer just have low storage or is something going on? Even a Windows 7 Computer has 900 GB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-size/5d0edb6e-646d-4dd8-9867-440eb864238e
  3. WIndows 10 Desktop Storage

WIndows 10 Desktop Storage: I am trying to free up storage on my laptop and one of the categories is listed as "Desktop." When I go into it, it brings up the desktop folder with the shortcuts that I have on my desktop. However, the category is listed to take up 25G of storage. I've tried deleting some...
  4. What's the size for Desktop icons in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the size for Desktop icons in Windows 10?: [ATTACH] I have an icon for one of my programs but it's blurry in Desktop. What's the size I should use? https://preview.redd.it/oni45zxg3og61.png?width=88&format=png&auto=webp&s=86fd5c1e3534adcfd007822186e7b449f7c8860d submitted by /u/Infamous_Prize_7209 [link]...
  5. Storage partition sizes

Storage partition sizes: Available data: Partition C: Recovery 14.6 GB used 63.7 MB free. Partition E: OS 71.3 GB used 146 GB Free Problem. I can't add any new apps presumably because of the full C: I recently had a problem being unable to boot up the new Windows 10 with its latest updates. This...
  6. Windows 10 Install on Minimal Storage Size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Install on Minimal Storage Size?: My objective is to create a Windows 10 VM with a minimal disk size, but that still has "desktop experience" tools like File Explorer. I found that IoT Core "must include a minimum of 2 GB of storage", which seems perfect. However, simply mounting the ISO as a CD and booting...
  7. desktop size

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop size: I am using windows for a long time Windows taskbar is movable starting at almost one of the first versons. Not many persons actually move it to the different position from the default. For me it is very usefull. But with it there is one thing very annoing. Almost never apps...
  8. desktop size

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop size: I have a new Dell Inspiron 3670 running Windows 10. I've noticed that whatever is on my screen is about 1/4 inch too large for the screen so that the scroll bars are off the screen to the right. They can be accessed if I happen to hit just the right spot, bit is hit and miss....
  9. Windows 10 Storage glitch shows incorrect storage size numbers on fresh install.

Windows 10 Storage glitch shows incorrect storage size numbers on fresh install.: I have been reading many post about this and I also chatted with Microsoft techs. They had to manually go in and clear folders to clear space. Many times I was reading that it was due to corrupt files but I just did a fresh install and there are no corrupt files. Microsoft...
  10. Check Reserved Storage Size for Windows Update in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check Reserved Storage Size for Windows Update in Windows 10: How to: Check Reserved Storage Size for Windows Update in Windows 10 How to Check Reserved Storage Size for Windows Update in Windows 10 A new build 18298 or newer. Starting with the next major update Microsoft is making a few changes to how Windows 10 manages disk...