Windows 10: Storage Space drives (all four of them) disappeared from Windows 10 after clean install

Discus and support Storage Space drives (all four of them) disappeared from Windows 10 after clean install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro v1903 all updates installed M/B ASRock X470 Gaming K4 CPU AMD 3600x Memory 8GB GSkill 3400 This was a motherboard swap. Took out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Froglips, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Froglips Win User

Storage Space drives (all four of them) disappeared from Windows 10 after clean install

Windows 10 Pro v1903 all updates installed

M/B ASRock X470 Gaming K4

CPU AMD 3600x

Memory 8GB GSkill 3400

This was a motherboard swap. Took out old Asus MB with very old AMD CPU. Installed new board, CPU, memory, and 2 M.2 2080 SSDs.

Board booted off HDD as expected. Storage Space drive (4 x Toshiba 2 GB HDDs) appeared as normal. Wanted OS on one of the M.2s so booted from a USB drive and loaded Windows. All proceeded as expected. Re-updated to v1903 with all updates installed.

Went to look at drives and the old WD Raptor was present (originally OS drive but wiped during OS load onto M2 drive) as was a 300 GB Samsung HDD.

All the HDDs (4 Toshibas, 1 WD, and 1 Sammy) and a DVD drive are connected via ACHI. All 7 show in BIOS. All 7 show in Device Manager. Only WD, Sammy, and DVD appear in Hard Drive and Partition Manager.

Storage Space does not recognize any SS drives.

I backed up everything before I started so I am not concerned about recovering data. How do I get the drives back online?

I have tried deleting the hard drives in Device Manager. hoping the driver reload would do something.

I have tried deleting the IDE drives in Device Manager. hoping the driver reload would do something.

I have researched the problem on the Internet. There are several threads about it but no proven solutions.

:)

Froglips, Aug 26, 2019
  2. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Storage Space drives (all four of them) disappeared from Windows 10 after clean install

Windows 10 Storage Space DISAPPEARED??

I had a D: drive storage space set up using 3 drives and after the latest update and reboot... the storage space DISAPPEARED. All three drives are still there and fine... how do I get the storage space back??

Help?

...T.

T0dd 3dwards, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Storage Space drives (all four of them) disappeared from Windows 10 after clean install

1. Storage Space drives (all four of them) disappeared from Windows 10 after clean install - Similar Threads - Storage Space drives

2. How to Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you created a storage pool or upgraded an existing pool on your Windows 10 […] This article How to Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Storage Spaces Disappears After Replacing Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces Disappears After Replacing Boot Drive: My Win 10 Pro system has eight physical disks: one boot drive, one CD-ROM, and six HDDs in a Storage Spaces array. Everything works fine. The boot drive was getting full, so I replaced it with another drive with twice the capacity. Both drives are SSDs, and I "cloned" the...
  4. Storage Space Disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Space Disappeared: Hello, After a sudden power outage in my area today, my Storage Space configuration no longer works. I had one pool consisting of about 8 drives, and it was divided into 6 storage spaces. None of the physical drives appear directly in Windows, and only 4 of the storage...
  5. Hard drive disappeared after using Storage Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive disappeared after using Storage Space: I migrated my SSD and two WD Blue 2TB hard drives to a new build. The two drives were originally a mirrored array. I wiped them in anticipation of the move to the new machine (old case had 9 3.5 drive bays, new case had 2). I converted the drives to basic disks and cloned my...
  6. Windows Storage Spaces not showing all available drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Storage Spaces not showing all available drives: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/xc4ugtux3yy41.png?width=690&format=png&auto=webp&s=a6f01746401bdf05f5c7b70b10b1996b15ba4f7e https://preview.redd.it/v57b6xux3yy41.png?width=2227&format=png&auto=webp&s=33d1155491b2c9078e4203c5483018018b516c99 I just did a fresh Windows...
  7. Help removing drive from storage space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help removing drive from storage space: [ATTACH] i've tried multiple thing but i cannot get a bad drive to remove from pool its has 0.01% left on it I'm ok losing that data When trying to remove via the GUI Listing says preparing to remove has been trying to re balance for over a week and wont end what...
  8. Storage Spaces Gone - shows all my drives as "retired" despite them being healthy in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces Gone - shows all my drives as "retired" despite them being healthy in...: As the title suggests, but some background. I have Used Storage spaces for about 4 years with 4 x 3TB Seagate NAS hard-drives Moved house over the weekend and reconnected the computer to the network and it worked fine last night. Today however the Virtual Storage Space...
  9. Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. If you upgraded an existing pool, you'll be able to remove a drive...
  10. Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information create virtual drives called storage spaces. These storage spaces typically store two copies of your data so if one...