Windows 10: storage space needed

Discus and support storage space needed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; help!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-space-needed/bcaf8037-b6bc-4346-a367-ae060f10fa59 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnBoggs2, Dec 2, 2018.

1. storage space needed

help!!!!

:)

JohnBoggs2, Dec 2, 2018

2. I have an HP Stream Laptop and I keep running out of storage space

Hi Jay,

If a category can't show the folders that it contains, there is a possibility that the folders are somehow hidden. To maximize your PC's storage, follow the suggested steps in these links:

If further help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Storage Space

Surface Pro 3 storage space is low. Storage settings say that Apps and Games is using 17.5 GB but when I add up the space from the list of apps it is only 5.7 GB. What is taking up up the other ~12 GB and how do I free up space?

renataAtkinson1, Dec 2, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

storage space needed

Conflicting information on my Storage Space...

From disk management, it does report the same storage and used space as from explorer.
    May I ask did you try to create a storage pool or something ? if so, you should not mess with this.

Is this disk an external disk connected via USB ? WD or Seagate branch ?

I have the feeling that this disk is formatted with GPT type using 512K emulation so Windows get confused. To verify:

1. Right click on Disk 6 ->Properties->Volumes. What does it show on partition styles ? GPT ?
    2. Download Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free, install then run. What does it show on disk 7 ? MBR ?

If step 1 shows GPT and step 2 shows MBR then definitely the disk was formatted using 512K emulation. The reason they did this so that it would be recognized by WinXP or if you connect it to a TV.

Windows Updates failed is another problem you have. First, it tried to updates from 1703 -> 1709 and failed so any subsequent updates to 1803 also failed.

topgundcp, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

storage space needed

1. storage space needed - Similar Threads - storage space needed

2. Storage spaces recovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage spaces recovery: Hello, my ten year old PC that had been relegated to a file/media server has finally quit on me. Thinking it was a power supply issue I bought a new one but apparently that was not the problem. I don't really have an interest in throwing anymore money into it, I just want the...
  3. Storage Spaces Optimization

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Storage Spaces Optimization: Hi, Hoping someone can help me here. I'm running Windows 10 and I'm having issues re-building my Storage Space. I had two 3 TB drives in a 2-way mirror. At some point, the connection failed on one drive and took them both down. I have successfully added a third 3 TB...
  4. Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space": Trying to create a basic Storage Space. No parity, mirroring, or anything. Just a bunch of disks. All disks are functioning normally and have been formatted etc. When I add them to the pool and create the storage space I get the error I've screenshotted below, "Can't Delete...
  5. create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces: Dear all, I have connected two USB storage drives, each one of them is 16 GB. I tried to create a new virtual pool but it did not work out. I thought the size is not enough and it may need extra storage spaces. I connected 64 GB then opened the storage space but I am still...
  6. Storage space issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage space issue: Please see the two snap shots below and It seems that there is some problem with disk D and it may affect the performance my Windows 10. Can I increase the size of D taking some space from Disk C? or is there any other work around or solution With regards Dr. Abdul...
  7. Need more storage space on C: drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need more storage space on C: drive.: Tried deleting all files not needed to free up space on my computer, by using disk cleanup and manually, but my computer continues to tell me more space is needed to update Windows 10 software it only updates 95% of 100%. I don't want to keep going and delete the wrong...
  8. Storage Spaces Trouble

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces Trouble: I was performing a removal of an HDD using the storage spaces feature (because it had the yellow exclamation) and the computer then went into sleep/hibernate mode and when I noticed I started the computer back up and then it showed that the Storage Space was offline. At...
  9. Storage Space Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage Space Issue: Hi - I have a low spec notebook with Windows 10 preinstalled. Low spec is fine for my purposes but my 32 GB SSD is almost full and this seems to be stopping Windows from updating. Actually I have 7 GB of free space, which I assumed would be sufficient for the update but...
  10. Storage spaces.

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage spaces.: I use storage spaces configured with two external drives connected to my Lenovo helix. All works well since the last major upgrade. I will be traveling and need to disconnect the Lenovo from the drives. Do I need to turn off storage spaces or will it catch up when I plug the...