Windows 10: storage space on 32GB tablet

Discus and support storage space on 32GB tablet in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased a tablet with 32GB internal memory. When new it had about 9GB free space. And now that's all gone because you, Microsoft, keeps updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JayGorman45, Apr 26, 2020.

1. storage space on 32GB tablet

I purchased a tablet with 32GB internal memory. When new it had about 9GB free space. And now that's all gone because you, Microsoft, keeps updating the OS. Every time I clean the system up I end up with less and less free space. Yes, I remove temp files, disc cleanup, old update backups, personal files kept on external cards, etc. I have never loaded software on this tablet. Each time you update the OS I end up with less than 5MB free space.

I set the switch to not update, but you, Microsoft, turns it back on when you want to update the OS.

How do I stop Microsoft from updating Windows 10?

Jay

:)

JayGorman45, Apr 26, 2020
  2. yossis1 Win User

Windows takes the entire 32gb of my tablet storage. Alone.

I have a Chinese windows tablet (ezpad mini3), nice tablet but windows alone takes the entire 32GB on it so i cant use it.
    I'm a computer technician myself so I'm only looking for an advice from someone with experience on this because I haven't found a clear answer and I don't feel like experimenting.
    So what I want to do is move some stuff to a SD card with a symbolic link, I already did this with some non system folders. TreeSize would explain my situation:

storage space on 32GB tablet [​IMG]

storage space on 32GB tablet [​IMG]

so as the pictures show, there's not much to move other then system folders. now as far as I know, moving winsxs is not the best idea and also its not as large as it seems. so I'm left with either Installer or SoftwareDistribution.
    does anyone knows if any of those is completely safe to move? does anyone have another suggestion?
    Thanks.

by the way, I tried to move the modern apps folder, this was not successful, for some reason they wouldn't open anymore. thing is, I don't need or want any of this trash, so i just deleted the folder and saved some space.

yossis1, Apr 26, 2020
  3. cereberus Win User
    Windows takes the entire 32gb of my tablet storage. Alone.

Firstly you need to use disk cleanup properly to delete the stuff in software distribution. Then run patchcleaner to get rid of old crap in windows installer directory. Between two, you will gain nearly 12GB.

cereberus, Apr 26, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

storage space on 32GB tablet

how to get back my stoorage space on windows 10?

With only 32GB of storage you're going to be continually challenged by space constraints. In my opinion, OEMs selling computers and tablets with minimal storage need to manage their customers' expectations. Here are some steps you can take to avoid running
    low on storage space:

• Empty the Recycle Bin frequently.
    • Run Disk Cleanup weekly.
    • Store your personal files (documents, pictures, music, etc.) on an external hard drive or in the cloud.
    • Do as much work as possible in the cloud. For example, instead of installing Microsoft Office, use Office Online.

BulldogXX, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

storage space on 32GB tablet

1. storage space on 32GB tablet - Similar Threads - storage space 32GB

2. Storage Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Space: I have 119 GB of storage space on C Drive. The Storage tab on Settings tells me I have used 67 GB of that, yet when I add everything up it only comes to 24 GB. What is hiding on that missing 43GB?...
  3. 32GB PC no space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    32GB PC no space: I bought my daughter a 32 GB HP Stream. I updated windows and it used up all the disk space I tried a reset but even that needs space Anything I can do? Is there a smaller OS? Windows 7, Linux? Thank you Peter *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. Storage space

Storage space: I've been trying to install the newest update. However, it says I need more disk space. I've looked online and on the Microsoft website and deleted everything I can. There's nothing in downloads, temporary files, pictures, videos or anything that isn't needed for it to run...
  5. update a 32GB win10 emmc tablet

update a 32GB win10 emmc tablet: I have an of brand 32GB emmc surface tablet knockoff. I read there is a lite version for a 32bit and 64bit tablet. I have been searching yet I can never find a safe download site. I have a ONDA 64GB 64bit Chinese tablet several years old, came with win 8 and I updated it...
  6. creating more storage space on my HP Tablet

creating more storage space on my HP Tablet: It is time for me to do a Windows 10 update to my HP tablet, but I do not have enough space. I have deleted temp files, etc. by doing a cleanup and I am still getting a message that update cannot be completed. What else do I need to do?...
  7. storage space

storage space: hi, I have a problem when I try to install an app in says storage full clear up some space. the problem is I don't want to delete any thing. so is there's a way to increase my storage play without deleting any thing ?...
  8. Storage Spaces

Storage Spaces: I have a 4-bay enclosure of 8TB drives (32TB total) set to parity using Storage spaces. I would suspect I would be able to get about 2/3 (66%) capacity or about 21TB after allowing for parity. However it's telling me that the total capacity is only 14TB. How does that make...
  9. Storage Space

Storage Space: [ATTACH]This may seem like a silly question but can someone please tell me if something is going here that needs any action? I am getting a notification that my laptop that’s linked with my microsoft account needs my attention. When I follow through with where it leads me...
  10. Windows takes the entire 32gb of my tablet storage. Alone.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows takes the entire 32gb of my tablet storage. Alone.: I have a Chinese windows tablet (ezpad mini3), nice tablet but windows alone takes the entire 32GB on it so i cant use it. I'm a computer technician myself so I'm only looking for an advice from someone with experience on this because I haven't found a clear answer and I...