Windows 10: storage space still being used when i cancelled an install

Discus and support storage space still being used when i cancelled an install in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so i was going to install halo 3 but it was about 5 minutes in i realised it was installing the whole masterchief collection, it was installing it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rossdevlin, Sep 19, 2021.

1. storage space still being used when i cancelled an install

so i was going to install halo 3 but it was about 5 minutes in i realised it was installing the whole masterchief collection, it was installing it to my ssd where i didnt want it to be installed to so i cancelled the download. after i did this i checked my file sizes and it was still useing the 100gb+. i did restart my pc and it had not changed it. i have looked around online for a few hours now and so far nothing has helped. the msreset.exe method has not worked. same for the trouble shooting method. is there any other method i can use to get my storage space back

:)

rossdevlin, Sep 19, 2021

2. External Drive using storage spaces does not work on my new Win 10 PC?

Hi Leo,

Storage Spaces not only increase storage over time as you add drivers to your PC, it will also help you in protecting your data from drive failures. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if you were getting any error messages when trying
    to connect the external drive to your new PC. Also, can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and fix issues related to Storage Spaces. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar, then press
      Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

Furthermore, here is a link for more information about the Storage
    Spaces in Windows 10

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Sep 19, 2021
  3. Railtech Win User
    Storage Spaces Disappears After Replacing Boot Drive

Well, I am attaching a links to MS support site for dealing with issues on Parity spaces. The first is an update issued on July 31, 2020, applies to Win 10 2004 and address an issue with in-memory parity bitmaps that can cause data integrity issues in Storage Spaces. Check to see if your Windows install has this update. If not I recommend that you install it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...date-kb4568831

After the above update is verified or has been installed then refer to the link below for recovery steps for Storage Spaces cleanup. I would recommend that you follow the Manual steps that follow the troubleshooting outlined in this article. Working through PowerShell with Storage Spaces is far more effective than most other means. If these steps do not resolve the issue for you then short of adding more disks to the spaces I am out of recommendations here.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-storage-space

Railtech, Sep 19, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

storage space still being used when i cancelled an install

Storage Space and Space Pooling in x32Win10ProV20H2

Thank you very much for your reply.

You don't show a screenshot, so I am uncertain to which part of the process of creating a storage space you are referring. I pointed you to the tutorials. I now provide you with a screenshot of part of one of them, which shows a warning which might be what you are referring to.

storage space still being used when i cancelled an install [​IMG]

Your question about double storage / redundancy appears to relate to the normal operation of storage spaces once configured, so seems obscure.

My impression is that few here have used storage spaces.

Note too the warning in
    Create a New Pool and Storage Space in Windows 10

dalchina, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

storage space still being used when i cancelled an install

1. storage space still being used when i cancelled an install - Similar Threads - storage space still

2. Storage Spaces using Powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces using Powershell: Hi, I'm trying to use Storage Spaces. On Windows 11. I have 1 Samsung 500GB SSD Boot. I have 3 Samsung 500GB SSD's. For Storage Spaces. On a Pcie x16. I want to use Simple No Resiliency. RAID 0. I tried "Get-PhysicalDisk." It shows 5 drives. 4 Samsung SSD's and 1 Western...
  3. Storage Spaces using Powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Spaces using Powershell: Hi, I'm trying to use Storage Spaces. On Windows 11. I have 1 Samsung 500GB SSD Boot. I have 3 Samsung 500GB SSD's. For Storage Spaces. On a Pcie x16. I want to use Simple No Resiliency. RAID 0. I tried "Get-PhysicalDisk." It shows 5 drives. 4 Samsung SSD's and 1 Western...
  4. Canceled a game download, but am still missing storage

Canceled a game download, but am still missing storage: Hi everyone, I’m having a bit of a dilemma currently, and I can’t seem to nail down a specific answer or solution to my problem. Earlier tonight, I wanted to download Control: Standard Edition on the Microsoft store, and set it to download to my C drive. Long story short, my...
  5. Cancelled Halo Infinite installation on my laptop but still takes space in storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cancelled Halo Infinite installation on my laptop but still takes space in storage: HelloI wanted to download halo infinite on my gaming laptop just to have 60 fps since i have the current gen Xbox one.Within like 5 minutes of downloading, I cancelled it and somehow its taking up 26 gbs of my c:drive.The worst part is that I've gone through disk cleanup,...
  6. Cancelled Halo Infinite installation on my laptop but still takes space in storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cancelled Halo Infinite installation on my laptop but still takes space in storage: HelloI wanted to download halo infinite on my gaming laptop just to have 60 fps since i have the current gen Xbox one.Within like 5 minutes of downloading, I cancelled it and somehow its taking up 26 gbs of my c:drive.The worst part is that I've gone through disk cleanup,...
  7. Cancelled Halo Infinite installation on my laptop but still takes space in storage

8. Cancelled download still taking up space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cancelled download still taking up space: So I started to download a game on the Xbox app but cancelled it before it could finish, the reserved space is still there, how can I clear this space? submitted by /u/zainur98 [link] [comments]...
  9. Storage being used for boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage being used for boot: Hi, I am running Windows 10 (Version: 10.0.18362, if that is relevant). I have an external SSD that I store files on (not system files) just documents, project files from various software, text files, pictures ... etc. The disk is (SAMSUNG MZYTE256HMHP-000 SCSI) This...
  10. Disk thrashing when using storage space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk thrashing when using storage space: I'm using a storage space for a two-way mirror of two 4Tb drives as D: drive. C: is a completely separate 128Gb SSD, and the page file and TEMP folder are on a second SSD. I set the storage space up initially under Windows 8.1 Pro x64, and it worked without any problem, but...