Windows 10: Storage Space Warning

Discus and support Storage Space Warning in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,A storage pool RAID1 has all of a sudden developed a warning, "reduced resiliency" and show which drive has the problem. When switching the two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mike_021_CPT, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Storage Space Warning

Hi,A storage pool RAID1 has all of a sudden developed a warning, "reduced resiliency" and show which drive has the problem. When switching the two drives the problem is then switched too and the other drive now has the issue.Both drives are new Samsung 2TB SSD, around 6 months old.I am now also no longer able to copy any size files to the drives as Windows says there is inefficient space but there is actually more than 500GB free.Has anyone experienced this problem?Thanks

:)

Mike_021_CPT, Nov 14, 2022

2. storage space warning

How do I see what exactly is taking up space in my Windows desktop? I keep getting the warning that I'm about to run out of storage space, and it shows up as "other."

Mshultz_5555, Nov 14, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Storage Space and Space Pooling in x32Win10ProV20H2

Thank you very much for your reply.

You don't show a screenshot, so I am uncertain to which part of the process of creating a storage space you are referring. I pointed you to the tutorials. I now provide you with a screenshot of part of one of them, which shows a warning which might be what you are referring to.

Storage Space Warning [​IMG]

Your question about double storage / redundancy appears to relate to the normal operation of storage spaces once configured, so seems obscure.

My impression is that few here have used storage spaces.

Note too the warning in
    Create a New Pool and Storage Space in Windows 10

dalchina, Nov 14, 2022
  4. Storage Space Warning

Storage Space shows low capacity warning

Hello Chaeril,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

Windows created the low disk space warning to alert computer users when their hard drive is running low on available disk space. However in your case, the warning itself shows incorrect while there is still space left.

To be able to assist you better please let us know few more details on the below questions.

1. What is the make and the model of your computer?

2. Is the D: drive which you have shared the information about a secondary drive or a primary drive (Windows drive)?

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    If the above recommendation did not work, I would suggest you to follow the below steps as a work around to stop the Windows notification of low disk space.

• Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Type in regedit to open the Registry Editor.
    • Navigate down to HKEY_CURRENT_USER / Software / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion / Policies / Explorer
    • If the NoLowDiskSpaceChecks key is not there, right-click to create a new DWORD value with that name.
    • Double-click on NoLowDiskSpaceChecks, enter 1 for the value
    • Press OK and exit from REGEDIT.
    Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,
    make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following
    article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 14, 2022
Thema:

Storage Space Warning

1. Storage Space Warning - Similar Threads - Storage Space Warning

2. Storage Space Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Space Warning: Hi,A storage pool RAID1 has all of a sudden developed a warning, "reduced resiliency" and show which drive has the problem. When switching the two drives the problem is then switched too and the other drive now has the issue.Both drives are new Samsung 2TB SSD, around 6...
  3. Windows Storage Spaces showing warning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Storage Spaces showing warning: HiMy Windows Storage Spaces is showing a warning for low capacity. This is despite there being 11.2TB freeHow do i get rid of this alertSystems InfoWindows 10 Pro for Workstations10.0.19042 Build 19042...
  4. Storage Space

Storage Space: I have 119 GB of storage space on C Drive. The Storage tab on Settings tells me I have used 67 GB of that, yet when I add everything up it only comes to 24 GB. What is hiding on that missing 43GB?...
  5. Storage space

Storage space: I've been trying to install the newest update. However, it says I need more disk space. I've looked online and on the Microsoft website and deleted everything I can. There's nothing in downloads, temporary files, pictures, videos or anything that isn't needed for it to run...
  6. storage space

storage space: hi, I have a problem when I try to install an app in says storage full clear up some space. the problem is I don't want to delete any thing. so is there's a way to increase my storage play without deleting any thing ?...
  7. Storage Spaces

Storage Spaces: I have a 4-bay enclosure of 8TB drives (32TB total) set to parity using Storage spaces. I would suspect I would be able to get about 2/3 (66%) capacity or about 21TB after allowing for parity. However it's telling me that the total capacity is only 14TB. How does that make...
  8. Storage Space

Storage Space: [ATTACH]This may seem like a silly question but can someone please tell me if something is going here that needs any action? I am getting a notification that my laptop that’s linked with my microsoft account needs my attention. When I follow through with where it leads me...
  9. Storage Space shows "reduced resiliency" warning, build 14393

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Space shows "reduced resiliency" warning, build 14393: (Dell XPS 8500, 24GB, 1GB mSata system drive, two Toshiba USB3.0 attached hard drives) I have a storage space set up on my Windows 1607 primary computer. (Storage Spaces is a feature of Windows 8.1 and later and Server 2012 and later.) It is set up with a normal pair of...
  10. Storage Spaces - Add three extra drives Warning ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces - Add three extra drives Warning ?: Hi I have a simple three disk parity RAID - calles Storage Space - W: drive. 3 x 1.36Gb gives me about 2.72Gb storage plus the parity bits. This storage space has about 1.47Gb of data leaving some 1.24Gb free. Storage Space Static is telling me my disks are 88%...