Windows 10: Storage Space

Discus and support Storage Space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH]This may seem like a silly question but can someone please tell me if something is going here that needs any action? I am getting a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kellsee, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Kellsee Win User

Storage Space

Storage Space 28e7bdc1-07aa-4038-b78c-5b0cda8b4410?upload=true.jpg This may seem like a silly question but can someone please tell me if something is going here that needs any action? I am getting a notification that my laptop that’s linked with my microsoft account needs my attention. When I follow through with where it leads me this is what it is showing me in my account relating to my storage on my pc. I took this screenshot. What do I need to do?

:)

Kellsee, Feb 12, 2019
  2. 56Kruiser Win User

Problem with Storage Space

Funny...on actually reading the title on that unrecognized status disk, it is titled Microsoft Storage Space. I was ust surprised to see it listed in the drive list.

56Kruiser, Feb 12, 2019
  3. I have an HP Stream Laptop and I keep running out of storage space

Hi Jay,

If a category can't show the folders that it contains, there is a possibility that the folders are somehow hidden. To maximize your PC's storage, follow the suggested steps in these links:

If further help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Storage Space

Storage Space

Surface Pro 3 storage space is low. Storage settings say that Apps and Games is using 17.5 GB but when I add up the space from the list of apps it is only 5.7 GB. What is taking up up the other ~12 GB and how do I free up space?

renataAtkinson1, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Storage Space

1. Storage Space - Similar Threads - Storage Space

2. Help with Storage Space under Windows 10 Pro for workstations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with Storage Space under Windows 10 Pro for workstations: I've had the newly built system running 24/7 for a year now running Plex under Windows 10 Pro. I recently upgraded to Workstation to take advantage of Storage Spaces. I have created a 6 drive 8tb storage pool using Parity/Refs file system. All has been working great, for 6...
  3. My storage space keeps filling up for no apparent reason.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My storage space keeps filling up for no apparent reason.: My storage space on my PC keeps filling up for no apparent reason. I'm using Windows 10. Most files are "other". I did a search on .cab files after seeing another fix (which didn't work) & have 417 winzip files. Is this likely to be the problem & is it safe to delete them?...
  4. disk storage: freeing up space

disk storage: freeing up space: Microsoft: In the change how free up space automatically, I had 3.08 GB of space freed up. But it dropped down to 3.06 GB. I managed to free up space and it went up to 3.07 but now, it dropped down to 2.73 GB. What happened there? Is it a bug or is that normal or what is...
  5. Storage shows more space than it actually has

Storage shows more space than it actually has: My Windows 10 partition C: actually has 49.2GB and the Recovery 1.26GB, so together 50.46GB. But, the Storage says, it has 233GB and 224GB as used. I've no idea, from where Storage gets such info. Does anyone know, how to correct this? Thanks!...
  6. I want to know if I set up a mirrored storage space over 3 x 8tb drives if that will give...

I want to know if I set up a mirrored storage space over 3 x 8tb drives if that will give...: I'm trying to find out some information on using an odd number of drives in storage spaces. I’ve got a pc with 4 available SATA ports. One of which is my os drive and I want to use the other 3 for storage with some redundancy. I am using HP Microserver Gen 8. I want to...
  7. Upgrading Windows 10 pro and storage space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 pro and storage space: I want to upgrade the hardware on my home media server (Plex) running Windows 10 Pro, version 1809. I have my Storage Spaces disks connected using a dedicated RAID card, with the disks configured as JBOD. I wonder, if I upgrade the hardware and reinstall Windows 10 pro to the...
  8. Windows 10 Storage Spaces Can't access

Windows 10 Storage Spaces Can't access: 14 days ago, I emptied the recycle bin that contained about 300 gb of files from my storage space drive. Right after, the drive disappeared from windows explorer. The total drive is listed at 9TB but it is really 11.8tb. I am supposing used 8.5tb but I am not. I tried...
  9. Reconnect Storage Spaces Drives to New Install Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reconnect Storage Spaces Drives to New Install Win 10 Pro: I am looking for some help with Win 10 Pro Storage Spaces. I had a Win 10 Pro machine with an SSD OS drive and seven internal hard drives combined into a Storage Spaces volume. I read that a clean install of Windows would not affect the Storage Spaces volume, and after...
  10. Storage Spaces - trying to create a Raid 0 with Powershell

Storage Spaces - trying to create a Raid 0 with Powershell: My problem is pretty simple, I set up a 2 X 960 Evo SSD simple volume with Storage Spaces and performance was no better than using the drives singly. Some research seems to say that using the Storage Spaces gui in Win 10 only sets the columns to 1 when what I need is 2....