Windows 10: Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat

Discus and support Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was using storage spaces with 2 storage drives configured to mirror.I reformatted my main system drive and installed a fresh windows 10, but I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by agentwd40, Nov 14, 2021.

1. agentwd40 Win User

Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat

I was using storage spaces with 2 storage drives configured to mirror.I reformatted my main system drive and installed a fresh windows 10, but I can't figure out how to get my storage space back.The drives appear in device manager, as well as disk manager, however they do not appear in file explorer to interact with, they don't seem to be mounted as a virtual disk as before.I've found other people with similar issues online but none with any real solutions. Based on this search it seems like it should "just work". I shouldn't need to to anything in this situation to get windows to recognize th

:)

agentwd40, Nov 14, 2021
  2. nitin03 Win User

Windows 10 Reformat + Storage Spaces

I have Windows 10 installed on my C drive. In addition to that, I have a large storage space (pool?) setup with 5 other hard drives (not my C drive). If I use the windows 10 clean/reformat feature to reformat my C drive, will that erase any of my data
    on the storage space or drives?

nitin03, Nov 14, 2021
  3. nitin03 Win User

Thank you. My "storage space" does not include my C drive (C drive has windows). Once i reformat, will windows 10 recognize the "storage space" that is made up of other drives?

nitin03, Nov 14, 2021
  4. Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat

Hi,

To answer your question "If you use the Windows 10 clean/reformat feature to reformat your C drive, would that erase any of your data on the storage space or drives?" Kindly refer to the information provided below.

* If the data on the storage space or drives are not in the drive C, then they should be safe.

Note:

For a more secured handling of files and data, we encourage you to back them all up in a more secured storage like external hard drives before you format any of your drives.

Feel free to post other concerns.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Nov 14, 2021
Thema:

Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat

1. Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat - Similar Threads - Storage Spaces main

2. Storage Spaces drive missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces drive missing: My storage spaces "two-way mirror" pool has lost one of the drives after using the drive individually in another PC. The drive shows up as green and "okay", but none of the updated files are on it and it doesn't show up when connected alone. When running recovery software...
  3. Storage Spaces drive missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Spaces drive missing: My storage spaces "two-way mirror" pool has lost one of the drives after using the drive individually in another PC. The drive shows up as green and "okay", but none of the updated files are on it and it doesn't show up when connected alone. When running recovery software...
  4. Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat: I was using storage spaces with 2 storage drives configured to mirror.I reformatted my main system drive and installed a fresh windows 10, but I can't figure out how to get my storage space back.The drives appear in device manager, as well as disk manager, however they do not...
  5. Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat

Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat: I was using storage spaces with 2 storage drives configured to mirror.I reformatted my main system drive and installed a fresh windows 10, but I can't figure out how to get my storage space back.The drives appear in device manager, as well as disk manager, however they do not...
  6. Mirrored drives in Storage Spaces

Mirrored drives in Storage Spaces: If I create a Storage Space and create mirrored drives, does Storage Spaces alert me if one drive fails, or would Windows allow me to continue using the system blindly until both drives fail?...
  7. Making the hdd main storage space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Making the hdd main storage space: I recently built a new pc, I have a 512 gb m.2 ssd, and a 2tb hdd. So my boot drive is the ssd. It contains all of the windows stuff. My question is, how do i safely transfer the folders like (Desktop, documents, downloads) into the hdd? And how do i make the contents save...
  8. Hard drive storage space

Hard drive storage space: What is the maximum amount of storage space Windows 10 can recognize \ utilize? I am setting up external hard drives for multiple storage locations and I want to know what the limit is that windows can recognize and use at any given time. I contacted support and was told the...
  9. How to reformat my internal storage drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to reformat my internal storage drive?: I was able to reinstall Windows 10 on my SSD and it solved my boot issue, after saving all important files to external drives. Thanks to all who offered help and suggestions. BUT the first time the install put Windows on my 1 TB storage drive instead! (The people who made...
  10. How to reformat my internal storage drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reformat my internal storage drive?: I was able to reinstall Windows 10 on my SSD and it solved my boot issue, after saving all important files to external drives. Thanks to all who offered help and suggestions. BUT the first time the install put Windows on my 1 TB storage drive instead! (The people who made...