Windows 10: Storage spaces after reinstall win 10

Discus and support Storage spaces after reinstall win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, so I had set up a storage pool on windows 10 using 3 2TB drives. It has been a year later, and my main C: drive had failed. I proceeded to get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JesseHoffmann, May 23, 2020.

1. Storage spaces after reinstall win 10

Hello, so I had set up a storage pool on windows 10 using 3 2TB drives. It has been a year later, and my main C: drive had failed. I proceeded to get a new SSD, and install windows 10. Installation process went smoothly, until I went to my storage devices. I can see the local disk F, and also the local disk C. But when I try to open F it asked me to format the disk. Now that is not an option as this disk was my back up. So then I go to storage spaces. In storage spaces I see the vault pool that I had set up with the capacities of 482 GB of 5.45 TB pool capacity. I can even see the physical drives and the storage space, you can see 8.67% used on each drive physically and there is an OK green checkmark next to all the drives. However I cannot access the information on these drives. Can I please get some assistance on accessing these drives?

:)

JesseHoffmann, May 23, 2020

2. External Drive using storage spaces does not work on my new Win 10 PC?

Hi Leo,

Storage Spaces not only increase storage over time as you add drivers to your PC, it will also help you in protecting your data from drive failures. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if you were getting any error messages when trying
    to connect the external drive to your new PC. Also, can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and fix issues related to Storage Spaces. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar, then press
      Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

Furthermore, here is a link for more information about the Storage
    Spaces in Windows 10

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, May 23, 2020
  3. Timba1210 Win User
    Storage Spaces and Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro

I am planning on upgrading the hardware on my home media server (Plex). It runs on Windows 10 Pro (1809). My Storage Spaces disks are connected to my system via a dedicated RAID card, with the disks just configured as JBOD. It is a 16 disk pool comprising
    36TB of raw storage, configured within Storage Spaces to have parity, so I have about 21TB of usable space. I would like to know what steps I need to take in order to ensure that, once I have upgraded the hardware and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro to my OS disk,
    I can reconnect the RAID controller and have the Storage Spaces be recognized and accessible again. I cannot risk losing this data, and given the amount of it, making a copy beforehand is also not a possibility.

Timba1210, May 23, 2020
  4. gknorm Win User

Storage spaces after reinstall win 10

Storage Spaces Parity Repair?

Hi: I'm a newbie here... using an OWC Thunderbay 6 DAS with Thunderbolt 3 for video/photo files using (Win 10 Home) Storage Spaces for the past 6 weeks without problems. Using Parity option in Storage Spaces to emulate RAID 5 protection.

Today, got Parity Error in Manage Storage Spaces, though all 6 drives show "OK". Both Hard Disk Sentinel and CrystaDiskInfo also show normal drives. No pertinent drive events in Event Viewer.

From reading other posts from folks with Storage Spaces issues, I'm inclined to "repair" this parity error if possible, and then consider migrating to DrivePool to avoid repetition or other future issues with SS. Can anyone walk me through how to do a parity repair?

If not doable, then can someone detail a step-by-step process for migrating my 24Tb currently on Storage Spaces to Drivepool? Many thanks!

gknorm, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Storage spaces after reinstall win 10

1. Storage spaces after reinstall win 10 - Similar Threads - Storage spaces reinstall

2. Multiple Storage Spaces Conflict with Each Other After Storage Spaces Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Storage Spaces Conflict with Each Other After Storage Spaces Upgrade: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and was prompted to upgrade my Storage Spaces which I did a few weeks later. I am running four Storage Spaces which I've been doing for several years without issue. Each Storage Space is a pool of four hard drives contained in an external...
  3. Multiple Storage Spaces Conflict with Each Other After Storage Spaces Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Storage Spaces Conflict with Each Other After Storage Spaces Upgrade: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and was prompted to upgrade my Storage Spaces which I did a few weeks later. I am running four Storage Spaces which I've been doing for several years without issue. Each Storage Space is a pool of four hard drives contained in an external...
  4. after reinstall win 10 on ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after reinstall win 10 on ssd: i had a ssd with win 10 on and a second hdd disk. with all the games on, i discounted the hdd before installing win10 to the ssd, after reinstalling win 10 on a ssd i reconnected the hdd but it says it cant not read it and needs to reformate tried changing drive letters...
  5. after reinstall win 10 on ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after reinstall win 10 on ssd: i had a ssd with win 10 on and a second hdd disk. with all the games on, i discounted the hdd before installing win10 to the ssd, after reinstalling win 10 on a ssd i reconnected the hdd but it says it cant not read it and needs to reformate tried changing drive letters...
  6. Reinstall Windows 10 on C: killed my Storage Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reinstall Windows 10 on C: killed my Storage Space: My "C" Drive crashed. Purchased a new one and Installed a clean Windows 10 Pro. When I search for my Storage Space, which was my work Drive with a lot of recent data, it was not displayed in Explorer. I can see the Drives in Disk Management just fine. They are listed as...
  7. Reinstall software after Win 10 reinstall

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reinstall software after Win 10 reinstall: I just purchased a blue ray player from the Microsoft store and had to reinstall windows 10. I was able to reinstall my 2019 Outlook that I just purchased but it does not show me how to reinstall my blue ray player. What do I have to do about this? I have searched all over...
  8. Will reinstalling Windows affect my Storage Spaces configuration?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will reinstalling Windows affect my Storage Spaces configuration?: I have 3 drives- One 120Gb SSD which is my boot drive and two 1 TB HDDs which I've combined into a RAID 0 array using Storage Spaces. I need to reinstall Windows 10 because I'm having some driver issues and it's quite buggy for some reason, so I wanted to know if my Storage...
  9. Storage Spaces and Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces and Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro: I am planning on upgrading the hardware on my home media server (Plex). It runs on Windows 10 Pro (1809). My Storage Spaces disks are connected to my system via a dedicated RAID card, with the disks just configured as JBOD. It is a 16 disk pool comprising 36TB of raw...
  10. Storage Spaces function in Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces function in Win 10 Pro: Hi Guys.. Been reading about Storage Spaces. All the examples use only 1 HDD....Can SS work with multiple HDD as primary, I mean I have 8 Hard Drives. I understand the pool concept, will the Mirror function mirror all 8 drives... How would one do this? All the examples...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drive or storage space issues; check the physical drives and storage spaces sections after reinstall of windows