Windows 10: Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives

Discus and support Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was using the non-SSD drives shown as a Storage Space. I can see them in Device Manager and if I use the Get-PhysicalDisk command, but I can't see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nick_W_, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Nick_W_ Win User

Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives

I was using the non-SSD drives shown as a Storage Space. I can see them in Device Manager and if I use the Get-PhysicalDisk command, but I can't see them in Storage Spaces and Disk Management. It appears that two of the drives have failed, the ST3000DM001-1CH166 ATA Device which says "Lost Communication", and the WDC WD10EAVS-00D7B1 ATA Device which says "Retired". Is there any way to be able to read these drives and recover the data?

I have already tried the Reset-PhysicalDisk command on each one, as well as SFC and DSM.

Disk Management:

Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives 6bc9ba2d-bfe3-4167-bd6c-a525a7319fa9?upload=true.png

PowerShell: Get-PhysicalDisk

Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives 1bed2356-d6a7-4cdd-a093-ea24a5c38967?upload=true.png

Device Manager:

Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives cb3f9571-c6dc-46ba-823a-f7b977d6d685?upload=true.png

Storage Spaces:

Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives e37080af-8694-4fbf-9d09-81758f0d48f7?upload=true.png

:)

Nick_W_, Mar 13, 2021
  2. Avogrower Win User

Storage Space Drives Not accessible

Hi Sam,

I have 3 disks in the storage pool.

They do not show up in File Explorer.

They do show in Disk Management as healthy with a note (space protective partition)

In Storage Spaces, they show up as "unrecognized configuration"

I do not use BitLocker.

Thanks,

Avogrower, Mar 13, 2021
  3. ColMac Win User
    Cannot access Storage Space

I've created a problem with Storage Spaces by changing the drive letter in Windows 10. This has caused a Storage Spaces error, and I can no longer see the Storage space in File Explorer.

Disk Management shows the drive as unallocated.

I now have the following situation. The 2 drives in the storage space are the ones shown as 931.5GB (or Disk 4 in the Management image). (it was originally set up as 10Tb but only 2 x 2tb physical disks initially)

Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives [​IMG]

Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives [​IMG]

Any suggestions as to whether I can correct this. Thanks

Colin

ColMac, Mar 13, 2021
  4. Geosammy Win User

Show storage space in This PC

I can't get This PC to show the storage space bars for my drives and I've done all that's been suggested in this thread.
    Any ideas why I might not be able to make the storage space bars show?

Geosammy, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives - Similar Threads - Storage Spaces Disk

2. Windows Manage Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Manage Storage Spaces: Dear Windows Team,Are there any list of drives which are supported to use manage storage spaces.As I have 10x 5TB WD My Passport Drive all drives shows error while creating for pool like the listed drive doesn't support the pool option.Then which drives should I use?Any...
  3. Windows Manage Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Manage Storage Spaces: Dear Windows Team,Are there any list of drives which are supported to use manage storage spaces.As I have 10x 5TB WD My Passport Drive all drives shows error while creating for pool like the listed drive doesn't support the pool option.Then which drives should I use?Any...
  4. Storage Spaces with Boot Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces with Boot Disk: I have a new laptop with a single SSD on a PCIe controller, Win 10 Pro. That SSD is my boot drive. Can I add a second SSD of exactly the same model and size and create a mirror without data loss?It seems that a long time ago it was not possible but now might be different. I...
  5. Storage and low disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage and low disk space: Hello, I have had this pc since Christmas and my disk space is low, so I switched default storage devices: start/settings/system/storage. But that did not work, can anyone help with this problem? Thanks....
  6. Storage space

Storage space: I've been trying to install the newest update. However, it says I need more disk space. I've looked online and on the Microsoft website and deleted everything I can. There's nothing in downloads, temporary files, pictures, videos or anything that isn't needed for it to run...
  7. Storage Spaces

Storage Spaces: I have a 4-bay enclosure of 8TB drives (32TB total) set to parity using Storage spaces. I would suspect I would be able to get about 2/3 (66%) capacity or about 21TB after allowing for parity. However it's telling me that the total capacity is only 14TB. How does that make...
  8. Storage Space

Storage Space: [ATTACH]This may seem like a silly question but can someone please tell me if something is going here that needs any action? I am getting a notification that my laptop that’s linked with my microsoft account needs my attention. When I follow through with where it leads me...
  9. Windows Manage storage spaces

Windows Manage storage spaces: i have a windows 10 pro computer with a storage space set up with 3 drives in a two-way mirror and im wanting to move the storage space drives to a faster computer that im getting ready to build and reinstall windows in vmware vsphere. is there a way that i can move the...
  10. create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces: Dear all, I have connected two USB storage drives, each one of them is 16 GB. I tried to create a new virtual pool but it did not work out. I thought the size is not enough and it may need extra storage spaces. I connected 64 GB then opened the storage space but I am still...