Windows 10: Storage Spaces and Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Storage Spaces and Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am planning on upgrading the hardware on my home media server (Plex). It runs on Windows 10 Pro (1809). My Storage Spaces disks are connected to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Timba1210, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Timba1210 Win User

Storage Spaces and Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro

I am planning on upgrading the hardware on my home media server (Plex). It runs on Windows 10 Pro (1809). My Storage Spaces disks are connected to my system via a dedicated RAID card, with the disks just configured as JBOD. It is a 16 disk pool comprising 36TB of raw storage, configured within Storage Spaces to have parity, so I have about 21TB of usable space. I would like to know what steps I need to take in order to ensure that, once I have upgraded the hardware and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro to my OS disk, I can reconnect the RAID controller and have the Storage Spaces be recognized and accessible again. I cannot risk losing this data, and given the amount of it, making a copy beforehand is also not a possibility.

:)

Timba1210, Feb 10, 2019
  2. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

3. Storage Space

Surface Pro 3 storage space is low. Storage settings say that Apps and Games is using 17.5 GB but when I add up the space from the list of apps it is only 5.7 GB. What is taking up up the other ~12 GB and how do I free up space?

renataAtkinson1, Feb 10, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Storage spaces recovery

For interest:

Move Storage Spaces from Windows 10 Pro to Windows Server 2016 Essentials

But I note:

What Windows build/edition are you using on your old PC, and what on your new?

More:
    Can you move Storage Spaces pools between computers?

dalchina, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Storage Spaces and Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Storage Spaces Reinstalling

2. Reinstall Windows 10 on C: killed my Storage Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reinstall Windows 10 on C: killed my Storage Space: My "C" Drive crashed. Purchased a new one and Installed a clean Windows 10 Pro. When I search for my Storage Space, which was my work Drive with a lot of recent data, it was not displayed in Explorer. I can see the Drives in Disk Management just fine. They are listed as...
  3. Storage spaces after reinstall win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage spaces after reinstall win 10: Hello, so I had set up a storage pool on windows 10 using 3 2TB drives. It has been a year later, and my main C: drive had failed. I proceeded to get a new SSD, and install windows 10. Installation process went smoothly, until I went to my storage devices. I can see the local...
  4. Will reinstalling Windows affect my Storage Spaces configuration?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will reinstalling Windows affect my Storage Spaces configuration?: I have 3 drives- One 120Gb SSD which is my boot drive and two 1 TB HDDs which I've combined into a RAID 0 array using Storage Spaces. I need to reinstall Windows 10 because I'm having some driver issues and it's quite buggy for some reason, so I wanted to know if my Storage...
  5. Windows 10 Storage Spaces

Windows 10 Storage Spaces: Question; Have a RAID 0 storage pool in Windows 10. The storage pool has 952 GB of usable space, it currently has 6.06 GB of space used. I ran a system clean-up which wrote data to securely erase empty hard drive space. Now I get a warning that my storage pool is full. I...
  6. Help with Storage Space under Windows 10 Pro for workstations

Help with Storage Space under Windows 10 Pro for workstations: I've had the newly built system running 24/7 for a year now running Plex under Windows 10 Pro. I recently upgraded to Workstation to take advantage of Storage Spaces. I have created a 6 drive 8tb storage pool using Parity/Refs file system. All has been working great, for 6...
  7. Upgrading Windows 10 pro and storage space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 pro and storage space: I want to upgrade the hardware on my home media server (Plex) running Windows 10 Pro, version 1809. I have my Storage Spaces disks connected using a dedicated RAID card, with the disks configured as JBOD. I wonder, if I upgrade the hardware and reinstall Windows 10 pro to the...
  8. Storage Spaces function in Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces function in Win 10 Pro: Hi Guys.. Been reading about Storage Spaces. All the examples use only 1 HDD....Can SS work with multiple HDD as primary, I mean I have 8 Hard Drives. I understand the pool concept, will the Mirror function mirror all 8 drives... How would one do this? All the examples...
  9. Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. If you created a storage pool in Windows 8.1 and either remove drives from pools...
  10. Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10: How to: Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10 How to Create a Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to create a storage space for a storage pool in Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstall windows server 2016 storage spaces

2. reinstall windows storage spaces