Windows 10: Storage Spaces Break Mirror

Discus and support Storage Spaces Break Mirror in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have two mirrored disks as D:\, and lately windows has been telling me D:\ is full though it's not. I suspect this is because there are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by foxtrot1014, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Storage Spaces Break Mirror

Hello,

I have two mirrored disks as D:\, and lately windows has been telling me D:\ is full though it's not. I suspect this is because there are some errors on one of the disks in the pool that is reporting imminent failure.

As it stands, very frequently I can't save any files to D:\ because the computer seems to think it's full.

I don't have the ability to purchase an identical drive for a couple of weeks and really need to get back to using my computer properly.

How can I break the mirror without data loss?

I set it up using storage spaces, and if I go that route to break the mirror, it says I will lose data. Is this true?

I found instructions saying to use Computer Management to break the mirror, but I didn't use CM to set up the mirroring and it won't give me that option.

:)

foxtrot1014, Jul 21, 2017

2. Reset PC, remove all from only the Windows drive & Storage Sense

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply. I'm not so interested in whether of the drives will be deleted or not, I'm interested in knowing if windows will recognize them after being freshly installed.

Storage spaces create a two-way mirror using the two drives, and then Windows storage spaces recognizes them as a single Drive. after formatting their petition that has Windows on it I'm interested in knowing if the new installation of windows will see the
    two-way mirror as a single storage space. If the new installation doesn't recognize the storage space it will see two separate drives with the same data. this will effectively render the storage space useless since I'll have to rebuild it.

Enviro.Guy, Jul 21, 2017
  3. PiVoR Win User
    Storage pools, update pool with RAID10

170mbps write in parity? thats insane, all i get is 30mbps in either software or hardware, i think ill go with hardware 10 since i can achieve speeds of 300mbps in both write and read.

So its normal for storage space in 2 level mirror to eat up 50% more space even tho it still writes mirrored data? Isnt its highly ineffective since for each 10gb, storage space writes around 25gb compared to typical mirroring?

PiVoR, Jul 21, 2017
Thema:

Storage Spaces Break Mirror

1. Storage Spaces Break Mirror - Similar Threads - Storage Spaces Break

2. Storage Space Mirror

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Space Mirror: I have a two way mirror with two external harddrives and I'm wondering how to recover the files if one of them crashes. I've tried to plug one of the drives into another computer and it won't recognize it. How will I get my files if one of them fails?...
  3. Storage Space Mirror

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Space Mirror: I have a two way mirror with two external harddrives and I'm wondering how to recover the files if one of them crashes. I've tried to plug one of the drives into another computer and it won't recognize it. How will I get my files if one of them fails?...
  4. Storage Spaces and mirroring

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces and mirroring: If I have a drive that already has data on it, is it possible to setup a new Storage space and mirror that drive to it?For example; I have drive D:\ which has data on it. I want to add another drive for D to mirror to. Both drives are the same size, is this possible or will...
  5. Storage Spaces and mirroring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces and mirroring: If I have a drive that already has data on it, is it possible to setup a new Storage space and mirror that drive to it?For example; I have drive D:\ which has data on it. I want to add another drive for D to mirror to. Both drives are the same size, is this possible or will...
  6. Storage Spaces and mirroring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Mirrored drives in Storage Spaces

Mirrored drives in Storage Spaces: If I create a Storage Space and create mirrored drives, does Storage Spaces alert me if one drive fails, or would Windows allow me to continue using the system blindly until both drives fail?...
  8. error "No Capacity" in "Storage Spaces" with a Mirrored storage space 2 drives in mirror

error "No Capacity" in "Storage Spaces" with a Mirrored storage space 2 drives in mirror: I get an error message "No Capacity" in the Storage Spaces section of windows 10 with a mirrored storage space. The Storage Space is formatted in ReFS . Both drives are functioning put both drives in another computer . How can I repair this storage space ?...
  9. Error using storage spaces/mirror

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error using storage spaces/mirror: I upgraded from W8.1 to W10. After the upgrade my mirrored volume was 'gone' (created with disk management). Fortunately I was able to restore the data on one of the disks. I cannot manage to recreate a mirror on Windows 10. I tried using disk management as well as...
  10. Storage Spaces Mirror 2 Drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Storage Spaces Mirror 2 Drives?: I'm hoping someone here might have experience with mirroring 2 drives in Windows 10. I'm reading How-to's but some of my basic questions remain unanswered. I have an SSD (C) used for the OS and loading apps and a 2TB drive that holds for all my files, images and videos,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. break storage space mirror

2. how to break mirroe with storage spaces

3. storage spaces break mirror