Windows 10: Storage Spaces deleted my files

Discus and support Storage Spaces deleted my files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I woke up my PC and received a message from Windows 10 that "We have turned on Storage Sense for you". The service deleted my files. How do I turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KamalaDP, Nov 8, 2018.

1. KamalaDP Win User

Storage Spaces deleted my files

I woke up my PC and received a message from Windows 10 that "We have turned on Storage Sense for you". The service deleted my files.

How do I turn off Storage Sense permanently? It was already turned off in Settings > System > Storage, but it turned itself back on and deleted files. How do I kill it so it doesn't come back?

Any assistance is appreciated.

:)

KamalaDP, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Unable to delete temporary files

Hi Sumit,

Looks like you are running out of storage space, let's walk you through the steps of running
    Disc cleanup for your Windows 10 device.

To delete temporary files, kindly follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.
    • Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If the suggestions above didn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Storage space

Hello Mick,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Are you getting any specific error messages when you try to delete the said files and folders?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Storage Spaces deleted my files - Similar Threads - Storage Spaces deleted

2. deleted files still taking up storage space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted files still taking up storage space?: all these files have been deleted and should be completely removed from my PC, yet it still shows them taking up space. anything i can do here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-files-still-taking-up-storage-space/6e2ec4d6-44ba-4e48-ae4c-ab1043cf7b31
  3. deleted files still taking up storage space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleted files still taking up storage space?: all these files have been deleted and should be completely removed from my PC, yet it still shows them taking up space. anything i can do here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-files-still-taking-up-storage-space/6e2ec4d6-44ba-4e48-ae4c-ab1043cf7b31
  4. Storage Space and File Location Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Space and File Location Question: I got a work desktop last Christmas after using a laptop for a while and got the notification that I no longer had enough OneDrive space. Something I did not realize was that every document and photo I created on my new computer was synced up to OneDrive as someone who works...
  5. How to Delete a Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Delete a Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: [ATTACH]With the Windows 10 feature called Storage Spaces, PC users can group two or […] This article How to Delete a Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Storage space not changing when deleting a game.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage space not changing when deleting a game.: I downloaded Forza Motorsport 7 Standard Edition but I accidentally deleted the game but the not the total thing and the storage space in the drive hasn't changed. I don't know whether it has but its not showing up or it hasn't changed so does anybody know how to fix the...
  7. Windows deleted storage spaces drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows deleted storage spaces drives: Windows deleted both my storage spaces drives that were mirrored in disk management. both drives show up as unallocated and my data is un-view able. i have tried minitool power data recovery, hetman partition recovery, and easeus data recovery, but none show any files that...
  8. Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space": Trying to create a basic Storage Space. No parity, mirroring, or anything. Just a bunch of disks. All disks are functioning normally and have been formatted etc. When I add them to the pool and create the storage space I get the error I've screenshotted below, "Can't Delete...
  9. Delete Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Delete Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Delete a Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to delete a storage pool for Storage Spaces in Windows...
  10. Delete Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10: How to: Delete Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10 How to Delete a Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to delete a storage space from a storage pool in...