Windows 10: Storage Spaces drive not showing up in file explorer

Discus and support Storage Spaces drive not showing up in file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I had two hard drives that were set up as a storage space. This drive no longer appears in file explorer. I can see the physical drives in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HamishNuttall, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Storage Spaces drive not showing up in file explorer

Hi

I had two hard drives that were set up as a storage space.

This drive no longer appears in file explorer.

I can see the physical drives in device manager and the Microsoft storage space,

The drive shows as unallocated space.

Is there some way to easily resolve this?

The data is not of a great concern as I have other backups of it but it would be easier to copy it from this drive than collect it from the different locations the original data is stored.

Storage Spaces drive not showing up in file explorer f890e70b-f81f-4e24-a926-acb13452ca02?upload=true.jpg Storage Spaces drive not showing up in file explorer bce1ccf7-1274-46c5-a237-212b49550bae?upload=true.jpg

:)

HamishNuttall, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Geosammy Win User

Show storage space in This PC

I can't get This PC to show the storage space bars for my drives and I've done all that's been suggested in this thread.
    Any ideas why I might not be able to make the storage space bars show?

Geosammy, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Storage spaces doesn't show some of my drives.

I went into Control Panel / Storage Spaces. There was one option - Create A Storage Pool. I clicked that and it gave me a list of drives with one drive in the list. It was the USB drive. The other drives do not show up. They are both SATA drives. The first
    one has the OS on it. The second one is formatted but empty. I have created files on it and deleted them so I know the disk is working.

I will try to get a screen shot at some point however, I don't as of yet have network access on that machine.

I was able to create a drive in the storage pool using only the USB drive.

EdwardSchmitz, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Storage Spaces drive not showing up in file explorer

Show storage space in This PC

Make sure you have the "Tiles" option selected in the "View" tab.

Storage Spaces drive not showing up in file explorer [​IMG]

joeypent69, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Storage Spaces drive not showing up in file explorer

1. Storage Spaces drive not showing up in file explorer - Similar Threads - Storage Spaces drive

2. File explorer showing false free space in drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer showing false free space in drive: I have 299gb of disk space available on D drive and the files present on it have size of 187gb including system files but the free space shows just 39.4gb.While opening the properties of drive D, it shows 260 gb used but when I look inside the drive, there is no way it could...
  3. File explorer showing false free space in drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer showing false free space in drive: I have 299gb of disk space available on D drive and the files present on it have size of 187gb including system files but the free space shows just 39.4gb.While opening the properties of drive D, it shows 260 gb used but when I look inside the drive, there is no way it could...
  4. File explorer showing false free space in drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 11 File Explorer cannot read storage space drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explorer cannot read storage space drive: I am using Windows 11 Pro. I have a four disk parity array set up for local backup. The drive letter is E:. label Backup. Windows 11 and drivers are all up to date. The last time I restarted, Windows 11 File Explorer recognized the drive, and the drive letter, but just called...
  6. Windows 11 File Explorer cannot read storage space drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer cannot read storage space drive: I am using Windows 11 Pro. I have a four disk parity array set up for local backup. The drive letter is E:. label Backup. Windows 11 and drivers are all up to date. The last time I restarted, Windows 11 File Explorer recognized the drive, and the drive letter, but just called...
  7. File Explorer does not see drive seen in Manage Storage Spaces Storage Pool

File Explorer does not see drive seen in Manage Storage Spaces Storage Pool: After adding a second drive to the “Storage Pool” and “Optimizing drive usage” the added space of the second drive is not seen by “File Explorer”.History I was running out of “Windows 10 Backup” space on the “I” drive so I purchased an identical 8TB USB diskCreated a storage...
  8. Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives

Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives: I was using the non-SSD drives shown as a Storage Space. I can see them in Device Manager and if I use the Get-PhysicalDisk command, but I can't see them in Storage Spaces and Disk Management. It appears that two of the drives have failed, the ST3000DM001-1CH166 ATA Device...
  9. USB Drive not showing up in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Drive not showing up in File Explorer: I got a brand new flash drive and when I plug it into my computer it does not show up in file explorer, however I can see it in Disk Management where it says no media and I can also see it in devices and printers but in devices and printers, it is grayed out under the browse...
  10. usb drive not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb drive not showing up in file explorer: win 10 updated 2 days ago. I have a 256gb cruzer usb 3.0 drive. When plugged in either directly to cpu frame, or a 3 port usb 3.0 extender port, I hear the win 10 sound that a usb drive has been plugged in but it never shows up in file exploerer. So I can't access the drive....