Windows 10: Storage Spaces - How to upgrade motherboard/CPU/RAM

Discus and support Storage Spaces - How to upgrade motherboard/CPU/RAM in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to upgrade my 6 year old Motherboard/CPU/RAM/etc but I have 32TB (4 separate 8TB mechanical drives) setup in full backup in a Storage Space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarcWaggles, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Storage Spaces - How to upgrade motherboard/CPU/RAM

I want to upgrade my 6 year old Motherboard/CPU/RAM/etc but I have 32TB (4 separate 8TB mechanical drives) setup in full backup in a Storage Space using Windows 10. How do make sure I don't lose all my data when I upgrade the Motherboard/CPU/etc? These are precious family videos, pictures etc. Can I just unplug the 4 different 8TB mechanical drives, then do the upgrade of the Motherboard/CPU/etc, then plug the 4 different 8TB mechanical drives back in? Is Windows 10 setup to recognize the pre-existing storage space? PLEASE HELP! My system is getting so slow b/c of the old components!!!!!

Thank you!

:)

MarcWaggles, Aug 31, 2019
  2. kjl1956 Win User

Upgrading Processor, Motherboard, and Ram

Everything but the motherboard can be upgraded; new motherboard will make the pc

not genuine.

Installing from iso dvd or thumb drive would work but the same issue.

You have the same license terms as when win7 was installed and it carried over to win10;

OEM (hp,dell, toshiba etc.) or retail ( you bought win7).

If you can not upgrade on the current motherboard, cpu, ram, video card for less than a new complete system including the os ?

This also depends on the current configuration, how old are, is the pc.

Not pushing amd but new 4 core cpu's are $129 retail., system boards range from $100

and up, ddr4 ram 130 fo 16 gig just as an example.

kjl1956, Aug 31, 2019
  3. RAM and CPU upgrade

my product ID is 00359-OEM-8992687-00006 and i want to upgrade its RAM and CPU, what RAM and CPU upgrade is compatible to it?

rizacanada, Aug 31, 2019
  4. HairyFool Win User

Storage Spaces - How to upgrade motherboard/CPU/RAM

Storage spaces and broken motherboard

When Windows creates the storage space drive it applies a signature to the drives to identify the type. So the storage space array should pick up in a new system. I say should because there have been some issues where it is read only due to hardware incompatibilities.

What is less likely is the original O/S drive working. In the 1st place there could be problems with drivers for the new motherboard which would prevent the system booting.

2nd If the computer came with Windows 8 it could be an OEM license which is not transferable to another computer. This includes replacing the motherboard. In addition the key may have been integrated into the motherboard. When you upgrade Windows 8 to Windows
    10 it would have taken on the terms of the original O/S so if 8 was OEM terms then so is 10.

HairyFool, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Storage Spaces - How to upgrade motherboard/CPU/RAM

1. Storage Spaces - How to upgrade motherboard/CPU/RAM - Similar Threads - Storage Spaces upgrade

2. I will be upgrading my computer for Christmas replacing the CPU, Motherboard, and RAM....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I will be upgrading my computer for Christmas replacing the CPU, Motherboard, and RAM....: For Christmas I will be upgrading the Motherboard, CPU, and RAM. Will I need to purchase another license for Windows 11 after the upgrade because the system will be with new parts....
  3. Upgrading cpu, motherboard and ram, do i need to reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading cpu, motherboard and ram, do i need to reinstall windows?: Hello i am using i5 3gen with h61 motherboard and i am upgrading with i5 11 gen with new motherboard and ram and im gona use my old ssd so do i need to reintall windows or just driver update gona work...
  4. Random restarts after upgrading Motherboard, CPU and RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random restarts after upgrading Motherboard, CPU and RAM: I have been experiencing random restarts while I have been playing video games. They are a 41 Event ID in the Event Viewer. I have the .dmp files. I cannot tell if its hardware failure or drivers....
  5. Random restarts after upgrading Motherboard, CPU and RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random restarts after upgrading Motherboard, CPU and RAM: I have been experiencing random restarts while I have been playing video games. They are a 41 Event ID in the Event Viewer. I have the .dmp files. I cannot tell if its hardware failure or drivers....
  6. Upgrading my CPU and Motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading my CPU and Motherboard: Hello, I am upgrading my CPU and motherboard. I use my computer for content creation and have a DAW digital audio workstation and Adobe creative cloud. Will I have to reinstall these programs and my plugins after the upgrade? This is my first upgrade that I am carrying out...
  7. What happens to my Storage Spaces array if I upgrade the motherboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    What happens to my Storage Spaces array if I upgrade the motherboard?: Currently running a home media server on Win 10 with six physical drives in a Storage Spaces array. Everything's fine. But the hardware is getting old, so I'd like to replace the motherboard (including CPU, DRAM, etc.) with slightly newer hardware. My question is, will...
  8. upgrading motherboard and cpu

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrading motherboard and cpu: Hi, I have a question regarding upgrading my motherboard and cpu. I currently have an off the shelf gaming PC purchased a few years ago. I am looking to replace my asrock B-360M andi5-9400F with newly purchased Asus Prime Z390-A and I9 9900k. My question is in regard to the...
  9. Cpu and motherboard upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cpu and motherboard upgrade: Hi im going to upgrade my system can i format the ssd in my pc without doing a fresh install just deleting the data and put my new cpu and motherboard ? submitted by /u/f9mh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k68v9e/cpu_and_motherboard_upgrade/
  10. Upgraded PC New Motherboard CPU Ram Powersupply HD and SDD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded PC New Motherboard CPU Ram Powersupply HD and SDD: After I upgraded my old pc I signed into my Microsoft account and it's not letting me activate windows. Its the same pc, my old pc which had the windows 10 pro on it I gave it to my step son and bought windows 10 home for him. All he had to buy was a box. What can I do to...