Windows 10: Storage spaces Mirrored drives inaccessable

Discus and support Storage spaces Mirrored drives inaccessable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have two 8GB drives in a mirrored storage space. It was working fine but now the storage space is inaccessible and is not visible when I go into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LarsTomasson, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Storage spaces Mirrored drives inaccessable

I have two 8GB drives in a mirrored storage space. It was working fine but now the storage space is inaccessible and is not visible when I go into 'Disk Management'. When I go into 'Manage Storage Spaces' it shows an error on one drive and says "Error, consider replacing". Strangely it shows both drives as having the same serial number and doesn't specify the SATA connection so I don't know which one has failed. I disconnected one, and then the other drive appeared and I was able to access my data. I shut down the system, and connected the other drive and disconnected the first, and on reboot the other drive appeared and I could access my data. So it seems both drives work when connected separately, but not when connected together.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

My recovery plan is to copy all the data on one drive over to another location, and then do the same with the other drive in case they are not synched. Then delete the storage pool and wipe both drives. then do drive diagnostics to determine if either of the drives is bad. Finally I will create a mirror in Disk Management and not use Storage Spaces any more as it seems unreliable, overly complex, and gives poor debug information.

Does this seem like a reasonable recovery plan?

:)

LarsTomasson, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Sam___ Win User

Windows Storage Spaces "Inaccessible due to timeout error"

Apart from what C#S has suggested, I would recommend checking the drives using Crystal Disk Info to see whether SMART is reporting any issues with them. If they are fine try cleaning and then deleting the partitions using 'DISKPART'. That should do the trick.

-Sam

Sam___, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Windows Storage Spaces "Inaccessible due to timeout error"

I recently built a computer with a 120gb boot drive (SSD) and am trying to configure two 1TB HDDs into a RAID array. Doing so in the BIOS yields a "degraded" error. I tried Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) to no avail. Now I am trying to set it up
    in Windows Storage Spaces by creating a two-way mirror storage pool. When creating, it says "Error, inaccessible due to timeout." The individual physical drives are listed as "OK" while the pooled storage space shows the error. I can't find any information
    about how to solve this error. Please help.

KimblerFogleman, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Storage spaces Mirrored drives inaccessable

Storage Spaces Drive Inaccessible

My Windows 10 server auto updated, restarted, and my storage pool stopped working.

It shows up in Storage Spaces - all drives green and has about 3TBs of empty space - but the drive itself is inaccessible. I've tried PowerShell commands to Repair-VirtualDisk and such to no avail (it says completed but changes nothing).

ReclaiMe sees the files but I can't recover them either.

I am desperate to recover these files. Lots of old family photos there. Everything shows up green in Storage Spaces, it just can't/won't load. I even moved it to a different Windows 10 computer - same issue.

Jun-KaiTeoh, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Storage spaces Mirrored drives inaccessable

1. Storage spaces Mirrored drives inaccessable - Similar Threads - Storage spaces Mirrored

2. Storage Space Mirror

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Space Mirror: I have a two way mirror with two external harddrives and I'm wondering how to recover the files if one of them crashes. I've tried to plug one of the drives into another computer and it won't recognize it. How will I get my files if one of them fails?...
  3. Storage Space Mirror

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Space Mirror: I have a two way mirror with two external harddrives and I'm wondering how to recover the files if one of them crashes. I've tried to plug one of the drives into another computer and it won't recognize it. How will I get my files if one of them fails?...
  4. Storage Spaces and mirroring

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces and mirroring: If I have a drive that already has data on it, is it possible to setup a new Storage space and mirror that drive to it?For example; I have drive D:\ which has data on it. I want to add another drive for D to mirror to. Both drives are the same size, is this possible or will...
  5. Storage Spaces and mirroring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces and mirroring: If I have a drive that already has data on it, is it possible to setup a new Storage space and mirror that drive to it?For example; I have drive D:\ which has data on it. I want to add another drive for D to mirror to. Both drives are the same size, is this possible or will...
  6. Storage Spaces and mirroring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Mirrored drives in Storage Spaces

Mirrored drives in Storage Spaces: If I create a Storage Space and create mirrored drives, does Storage Spaces alert me if one drive fails, or would Windows allow me to continue using the system blindly until both drives fail?...
  8. error "No Capacity" in "Storage Spaces" with a Mirrored storage space 2 drives in mirror

error "No Capacity" in "Storage Spaces" with a Mirrored storage space 2 drives in mirror: I get an error message "No Capacity" in the Storage Spaces section of windows 10 with a mirrored storage space. The Storage Space is formatted in ReFS . Both drives are functioning put both drives in another computer . How can I repair this storage space ?...
  9. Storage Spaces Break Mirror

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces Break Mirror: Hello, I have two mirrored disks as D:\, and lately windows has been telling me D:\ is full though it's not. I suspect this is because there are some errors on one of the disks in the pool that is reporting imminent failure. As it stands, very frequently I can't save...
  10. Storage Spaces Mirror 2 Drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Storage Spaces Mirror 2 Drives?: I'm hoping someone here might have experience with mirroring 2 drives in Windows 10. I'm reading How-to's but some of my basic questions remain unanswered. I have an SSD (C) used for the OS and loading apps and a 2TB drive that holds for all my files, images and videos,...