Windows 10: Storage Spaces not showing on new PC

Discus and support Storage Spaces not showing on new PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had 3 'Storage Spaces' in mirror format on my PC, all working with no issues at all. I purchased a new PC and proceeded to move the 'Storage Spaces'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chanhonam, Mar 3, 2019.

1. chanhonam Win User

Storage Spaces not showing on new PC

I had 3 'Storage Spaces' in mirror format on my PC, all working with no issues at all.

I purchased a new PC and proceeded to move the 'Storage Spaces' from the old PC. However after connecting the had drives, nothing shows up in Windows. I can see the drives in bios but Windows refuses to see the drives. I made sure Windows was updated in the new PC but still nothing.

I then tried the drives in the old PC and now that won't see the drives. I am not wanting to format or do anything drastic as the 'Storage Spaces' have data I am very keen to keep.

Hope someone can give me some advice.

:)

chanhonam, Mar 3, 2019
  2. Geosammy Win User

Show storage space in This PC

I can't get This PC to show the storage space bars for my drives and I've done all that's been suggested in this thread.
    Any ideas why I might not be able to make the storage space bars show?

Geosammy, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Show storage space in This PC

Make sure you have the "Tiles" option selected in the "View" tab.

Storage Spaces not showing on new PC [​IMG]

joeypent69, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Geosammy Win User

Show storage space in This PC

Thanks for this suggestion.
    Resetting the folder view options to default didn't bring up the storage bars for any of my drives.
    No matter what view I set it as, the storage bare still doesn't show. Even after setting the folder view options to default.
    Storage Spaces not showing on new PC [​IMG]

Geosammy, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Storage Spaces not showing on new PC - Similar Threads - Storage Spaces showing

2. Creating New Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating New Storage Spaces: Hi all,So I am trying to create a new storage space, as my internal disk space is low. I was intending on using an external drive but wasn't too sure what was needed. When I looked on the support section for this option, it said even a USB drive should work but, for some...
  3. Creating New Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating New Storage Spaces: Hi all,So I am trying to create a new storage space, as my internal disk space is low. I was intending on using an external drive but wasn't too sure what was needed. When I looked on the support section for this option, it said even a USB drive should work but, for some...
  4. Creating New Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. INCORRECT FREE STORAGE SPACE SHOWING!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INCORRECT FREE STORAGE SPACE SHOWING!!!: Dell Inspiron 3501OS: Windows 11 22H2OS Build: 22621.2283Total Storage: 256GBIssue: Selecting all folders and seeing their properties shows me that they are of 26.8 GB out of 100GB that means 73.2 GB is free but when checking the 'drive' properties it shows 15.2 GB is free...
  6. INCORRECT FREE STORAGE SPACE SHOWING!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INCORRECT FREE STORAGE SPACE SHOWING!!!: Dell Inspiron 3501OS: Windows 11 22H2OS Build: 22621.2283Total Storage: 256GBIssue: Selecting all folders and seeing their properties shows me that they are of 26.8 GB out of 100GB that means 73.2 GB is free but when checking the 'drive' properties it shows 15.2 GB is free...
  7. Windows Storage Spaces showing warning

Windows Storage Spaces showing warning: HiMy Windows Storage Spaces is showing a warning for low capacity. This is despite there being 11.2TB freeHow do i get rid of this alertSystems InfoWindows 10 Pro for Workstations10.0.19042 Build 19042...
  8. Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives

Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives: I was using the non-SSD drives shown as a Storage Space. I can see them in Device Manager and if I use the Get-PhysicalDisk command, but I can't see them in Storage Spaces and Disk Management. It appears that two of the drives have failed, the ST3000DM001-1CH166 ATA Device...
  9. create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces: Dear all, I have connected two USB storage drives, each one of them is 16 GB. I tried to create a new virtual pool but it did not work out. I thought the size is not enough and it may need extra storage spaces. I connected 64 GB then opened the storage space but I am still...
  10. Show storage space in This PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show storage space in This PC: I am really missing the ability to easily see how much storage space is left on each of my drives. Why is this not easily seen just by opening "This PC" like it was in Windows 7. It seems like I have to click on properties in order to see disk usage. Any way to get around...